Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MicScoTho  
#81 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 4:45:12 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Stewox wrote:
Maybe you should put it on MODDB to get a profile there since it's revived mod (and those who will like it but don't know about it) , and I don't think any other community has better AI than this one , and don't forget the credits and the community where it is from :)

http://www.moddb.com/mod...ced-ai-mod-for-zero-hour
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline AEI  
#82 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 1:00:00 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Stewox wrote:
Wow . massive improvments , love , thanks a lot guys.

Also, GLA toxin does not build Fortified Structure upgrade (that's the first AEI version)

Hello! Smile
I'm working for some time on a new version, with new fixes and improvements and support for the 1.06 patch. It will be ready after 10 days or so.
BTW for me toxin always build the Fortified Structure upgrade.

Stewox wrote:
Maybe you should put it on MODDB to get a profile there since it's revived mod (and those who will like it but don't know about it) , and I don't think any other community has better AI than this one , and don't forget the credits and the community where it is from :)

Yep, i was thinking to get it at more sites, including MODB, but i want first to complete the newest version and its 1.06 support.
I uploaded the latest version, the one that is here, at Game Replays though, to check if ppl will like it.
Can you suggest the credits for me?
In my readme i already wrote that this is the basic AI 0.98 mod by Lion&R42, with the improvements made by myself /improved version 2.2/.

Stewox wrote:
As i mentioned , the INIs with the AI mod are only small edits that make some stuff work for AIs.

I have made a raw changes list, it's not a lot if you consider there are 14 inis to edit (most of them 1 to 2 changes)

I use a program called WinMerge , which can compare 2 files at the same time , and I pinpoint the changes. (I think that's the most useful program for modding , especially for inis where you don't have script parsers to find errors)
With this you can practically adapt it for ANY version.

However, you do not need INIs for the AI MOD , they are recommended but NOT required at all.

IF you are using 1.06 patch and 1.04 mod , it actually is not a big deal , it will work fine , but whatever you do, DO NOT REPLACE 1.06 INIS with 1.04 , just leave it , and replace scb script file and AIdata.ini ONLY.

Only about 3 or 4 things mentioned will not work , such as AI sending MOAB , but I don't know why doesn't AI upgrade the MOAB and use upgraded daisy cutter command instead (which is how it works for players , it may not work the same for AIs however)

Yep, i also use WinMerge, for this and other mods.Smile
No need to waste your time for the INIs, the 1.06 support will be ready soon.
MOAB does not work without the INIs, because it requires edits in them.
I wrote how i made MOAB to work in one of my earlier posts.
I never found another way for the AI to use MOAB properly /via scirmishscripts for example/, it just doesn't work.
Also several features from the scirmishscripts for 1.04 do not work properly with 1.06 INIs - for example the carbombs, some General Powers, etc.

Offline AEI  
#83 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 11:36:57 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

I finally get it to work for the 1.06 patch.
Of cource, there are a lot of other improvements as well. Smile

Whats new?
- Support for the 1.06 unofficial patch.
- China factions will now target with cluster mines enemy units/tunnels, instead of mindlessly droping them in their own base, even if it has mines.
- USA's Auroras will attack enemy powerplants with primary priority if they see that the enemy is low on excess power. They will also have high priority for GLA powerplants /built with stolen dozers/.

- Fixed a problem, where China's do not deploy ECM tanks near gatling turrets, also their behaviour is now changed - they will deploy near bunkers instead.
- USA's will deploy Avengers to protect firebases /it was already done for vanilla USA/.
- Tank general will finally be able to build his "hidden" airfield and will attack with aircraft as well. Initial Helix rush is also added for the general.

- Fixed a problem, where GLA vanilla do not use GPS scrambler.
- Fixed AFG ground teams that refuse to attack, as well as ground teams for AFG and SWG that do not load into transports.
- Fixed a situation, where AFG do not capture sniped /unmanned/ vehicles.
- Added missing drone gun upgrade for AFG.

- The AI will now consider having enemy patriots and tunnels in its base a base invasion, and it will build high priority base defence teams to deal with the threat. The AI will also have initial defence team to guard its base against early patdrops and tunnelbuilders.
- Fixed base defence teams - added missing attack priorities and build conditions, and fixed teams consisting of wrong faction vehicles.

- Measures taken to ensure that China's will fill their bunkers with tankhunters and do this fast - lowered the money requirement for the teams, increased their priority, and improved their scripts.
- Lowered the priority for the hackers a bit, so that the AI does not produce them when the base is attacked and needs base def teams or when it is building bunker teams.

- Additional firebase teams added for the Laser general.
- Additional garrison teams added for all GLA factions, they were not having many of them.
- Fixed a bug, where vanilla USA does not garrison predetermined civilian buildings.
- Improved scripts for the carbombs and some dozerhunt teams.
- Fixed early teams that do not attack the enemy for all China's, and the Laser general.

- Fixed a situation, where the AI considered gla holes to be superweapons, which resulted in unadequate behaviour and messed up AI internal clock /counter escalation/.
- Fixed a problem, which prevented sequential scripts from executing properly for AF and SW generals, a lot of things are done via them /transports, filling firebases, Burton planting charges, etc/

1.06 note
- USA's Stealth fighters will have higher priority for ECM tanks.
- The AI will take advantage of the new general points system, so now some generals will purchase more and different general powers than before.
- Fixed an issue with the 1.06 patch, where Demo was unable to use General Power Rebel Ambush, due to its changed name in the patch /now Demo Rebel Ambush/.
- The speed of the carbombs is the same as in the 1.04 patch, so that the AI can take advantage of them.
- Be aware that some of the maps that come with the 1.06 patch are not AI optimized, so playing against the AI on them is not recommended.

To install, backup your INI folder and Scirmishscripts.scb file, then replace them with those from the link.
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\INI

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\Scripts

AdvancedAIMod0.98 /by Lion & r42/ - improved by AEI v2.5
For ZH 1.04/1.06
Download at
http://www.mediafire.com/?i3nqnezm3z5

Special thanks to:
Lion
r42
C&C Labs community

Have a nice play. Smile

Edited by user Saturday, June 5, 2010 11:46:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Stewox  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 5:20:08 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

WOW you rock man!

very very nice updates and almost all the critical ones , like ECM and Stealth fighter core abilites.

Already got a suggestion , it might be already in but i don't know , AI Stealth Fighter bunker buster , does it use it on tunnels? I play a lot of GLA , and I saw it uses them on palace, but this might be coincidence , I saw once that palace is reistant to building cleaning weapons but i don't know if this applies to bunker buster projectile weapon , but as far as i little remember , it did indeed killed my RPG troopers inside.

Now i just have to install right now and see those AI carbombs :D

Edited by user Tuesday, June 8, 2010 5:21:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline AEI  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:01:58 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Stewox wrote:
WOW you rock man!

very very nice updates and almost all the critical ones , like ECM and Stealth fighter core abilites.

Already got a suggestion , it might be already in but i don't know , AI Stealth Fighter bunker buster , does it use it on tunnels? I play a lot of GLA , and I saw it uses them on palace, but this might be coincidence , I saw once that palace is reistant to building cleaning weapons but i don't know if this applies to bunker buster projectile weapon , but as far as i little remember , it did indeed killed my RPG troopers inside.

Now i just have to install right now and see those AI carbombs :D

Yep, the Stealth Fighters attack base defences with primary priority, so they clear tunnels often.
In one of the earlier updates i gave them higher priority for Palaces as well.
Here is what clears what:

Stealth Fighter with bunkerbusters will clear tunnels /kills all infantry, bikes and buggies in the tunnel and eject the rest units damaged/, Palaces, Bunkers, garrisoned civilian buildings. Heroic infantry and heroes will survive the strike though.
Neutron artillery will fully clear tunnels, Internet Centers, Palaces, Bunkers, and garrisoned civilian buildings.
Dragon tanks, Flashbangs, Combat Drops, Microwave tanks, Toxin trucks, Toxin rebbels and Toxin tunnels will clear garrisoned civilian buildings.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:03:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline starrysky  
#86 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:08:44 AM(UTC)
starrysky
Private

AEI wrote:
I finally get it to work for the 1.06 patch.
Of cource, there are a lot of other improvements as well. Smile

Whats new?

To install, backup your INI folder and Scirmishscripts.scb file, then replace them with those from the link.

AdvancedAIMod0.98 /by Lion & r42/ - improved by AEI v2.5
For ZH 1.04/1.06
Download at
http://www.mediafire.com/?i3nqnezm3z5

Special thanks to:
Lion
r42
C&C Labs community

Have a nice play. Smile

Hello, I can't open "http://www.mediafire.com/?i3nqnezm3z5", may you send to my email?

starrysky21@163.com

thank you much!

Offline MicScoTho  
#87 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:59:17 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

AEI, if you post a new version, next time you should attach it to your forum post (using the attach files to this post checkbox), so that visitors don't have to use mediafire etc. and can download it directly from the forums here.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline AEI  
#88 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:22:53 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

starrysky wrote:

Hello, I can't open "http://www.mediafire.com/?i3nqnezm3z5", may you send to my email?

starrysky21@163.com

thank you much!

Hello starrysky.
Try to download it from here:

http://www.moddb.com/mod...ero-hour-improved-by-aei

or here:

Edited by user Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:32:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
AdvancedAIMod0.98 - Improved V2.5.rar (1,457kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
Offline Distrbd21  
#89 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 3:22:05 PM(UTC)
Distrbd21
Private

Sorry to bump an old topic but does this mod work with TFD?

only reason i ask is because i can't use the zero hour patchs, ie 1.03, 1.04, 1.06
Offline MicScoTho  
#90 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 3:39:02 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

The mod should work with TFD, since TFD comes with Zero Hour patch 1.04 pre-installed .
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline AEI  
#91 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 11:26:01 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

The latest update /v2.6/ is now available. Smile

Whats new?

- Improved behaviour for Colonel Burton and Black Lotus:
Burton will retaliate if attacked by ground units. Lotus will defend herself with the vehicle hack ability if attacked by vehicles.
Burton and Lotus will attack from different directions. They will no longer stay in their base for a minute before starting their attack. The EA bug where Burton will try to place charges on Chinooks is fixed. The state of Burton teams is set to normal to help them plant charges properly. Fixed a problem for AFG, where Burton will not attack the enemy.

- GLA workers will finally be able to repair buildings located away from them.
- Improved the use of laser lock, also added more teams that use it, USA's will counter early Helix/Combat Chinook rushes with laser lock as well.
- Stealth General will now be able to build a barracks when he hijack a dozer and will attack with missile defenders.
- Added supply guards for Toxin and Demo, now all factions use supply guards.

- The AI will activate dozer hunt teams if some of its dozers are hijacked.
- Bigger garrison teams, so that there is no more situations with only one soldier in building.
- Fixed a problem, which could prevent the AI from using Combat Chinooks and Helixes loaded with rocket guys later in game.
- Added additional Combat Chinook, Helix, Tech Terror/RPG and Rockvee attacks for late game, they will start if the enemy doesn't have many base defences.

- USA's will guard their bases with microwave tanks against Sneak Attacks.
- USA's Strategy Centers will now initiate Bombardment battle plan if the main base is invaded and there is no power or there is just a few remaining base defences.
- The AI will be able to garrison bunkers and firebases at expansions /it depends on the map though/.

- Completely revamped attack priorities for all units and factions:
- Added Burton attack priority and included Tech buildings in it, so the colonel will now be able to place charges on Tech buildings, and will no longer try to place charges on base defences /except firebases/.
- Added Gat priority /higher for aircraft and infantry/, Dragon tank priority /higher for buildings and infantry/, Comanche priority /this was already done but only for AFG in the previous versions of the mod/, and missing terrorist priority for the Demo General. Improved attack priorities for Migs and rocketguys.
- Added Holes for the terrorist priorities, so now they will attack GLA buildings more effectively.
- Added Tech buildings in several priorities, so now units will be a bit more aggressive towards them.

- Each USA will now have unique priorities for its Auroras, also fixed a problem where changing the Aurora priority for one faction will affect Auroras from other factions.
- Auroras for all USA's will have four different priorities for Tech Centers:
One for Palaces /high/, second for Strategy Centers /a bit higher/, third for Propaganda Centers /very high/, and fourth when the enemy /China's or USA's/ has no power /highest/.
- Auroras from AFG and SWG will be more aggressive towards Tech Centers than those from Laser and USA.
- AFG Auroras will start to attack American Strategy Centers when there is at least two Auroras available.

- The AI will now recognize the type of the following units that wasn't recognizing before: the AFG Chinook, the Laser General's Aurora, Raptor, Microwave Tank and Sentry Drone, the terrorists for all GLA factions, and the technicals with different chassis, so now it will be more aggressive towards them.
- Gats and Avengers are no longer recognized as tanks, but as Anti Air vehicles.
- Dozers are now unique type of units.
- The SneakAttack TunnelNetwork is now added in the priorities, so now the AI will be more aggressive towards it.

- Implemented timer for the saboteur technicals, so that the attack doesnt start right after the enemy's SuperWeapon is built.
- Fixed the EA bug, where GLA's will not rebuild Sneak Atack teams and sometimes will not place units in the tunnels at all. Now older teams will exit tunnels and disband, so that the new team can move in.
- Fixed another EA bug, where the Tunnel teams will be unable to get back to the tunnels if they try to enter into Tunnel Scaffold.

- Fixed a problem, where Stealth and vanilla GLA will not build additional Arms Dealers.
- A bit bigger expansions for China factions, and additional barracks for Demo.
- Fixed a problem, where Stealth for no reason will send technicals and hijacked vehicles near the down-left corner of the map.
- Stealth General will be able to manage more types of hijacked vehicles.
- Fixed again uncrushable (by vehicle) minigunners for the ZH 1.04 version of the mod. /This was already fixed by r42 but only for the 1.06 patch version of the mod/

- Fixed teams which will not attack the enemy for all GLA and China factions.
- Fixed a situation, where dragon tanks for all China factions will attack with the firewall ability only once.
- China factions will rush from multiple directions at the same time.
- Added Dragon tank rushes using the firewall ability for all China factions.
- Fixed a problem, where GLA will not attempt to capture Tech buildings near the enemy base.

- Fixed a problem, where China's will not replace destroyed /by stealth fighters for example/ bunker teams, in case the bunker is intact.
- Fixed a problem, where SWG will not upgrade Advanced Control Rods before building its superweapons.
- China's will spread their additional hackers around the base /this was already done for the Infantry general in the previous versions of the mod/.

- Fixed a problem, where some USA's will upgrade Control Rods only when they have no power, now all USA's will upgrade their power plants if the power supply ratio is below 130 %.
- Laser general will build Laser Crusaders only when he has power.
- The AI will build powerplants near safer places /expansions/ if its main base is invaded and there is no power.
- Fixed an EA bug, where China's will not build additional powerplants in very late game.

- Fixed several bugged comanche antitank teams for most USA factions.
- Decreased the threshold for creating anti tank teams for all factions from 15 to 8 enemy tanks.
- Fixed a problem, where AFG will not rebuild his Chinooks if they are destroyed.
- Fixed a situation, where AFG will build Combat Chinooks for harvesting instead of his regular /and cheaper/ Chinooks.

- Factions which do not posses tanks will now create Anti-Air Vehicle teams to better counter Quad/Gat spam.
- Fixed a problem, where infantry will be unable to load into transports, if its pushed away by vehicle when trying to load into the transport.
- Improved scripts for tech terror attacks and fixed a problem where the terrorists will not unload from the technical.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.

To install, backup your INI folder and SkirmishScripts.scb file, then replace them with those from the mod.

Have a nice play. Smile

AdvancedAIMod0.98 /by Lion & r42/ - improved by AEI v2.6
For ZH 1.04/1.06

Credits and Special thanks to:
Lion
r42
C&C Labs community

Download from here
http://www.moddb.com/mod...-098-improved-by-aei-v26

or here:
File Attachment(s):
AdvancedAIMod0.98 - Improved V2.6.rar (1,495kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
Offline Stewox  
#92 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:24:31 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Freaking huge , great holiday update :)

To be honest , im still playing ZH and RA2 from time to time but obviously not so often and your AI in ZH beats me so much , i feel like a noob now , but since i play Starcraft 2 i have RTS skills pretty much good and it's just so freaking fun when i never expected an AI to do that and it's so interesting , also am i repeating this all again probably said it twice , Generals is actually a very good game for it's own franchise , just look on metacritic , user score is very high.

Can't wait for Generals 2 hopefully , another EA developer has now taken C&C job, it's not the end of it.

In the meantime you can check out Petroglyph's (ex Westwood) End Of Nations , being a MMORTS it probably won't have singleplayer but ... modding ... man that's a thought question , at least making custom maps or ... something.
UserPostedImage
Offline AEI  
#93 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2010 7:16:40 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Hi.
That you are still playing RA2 is very good, that was one of my first games..Big Smile
As for Generals, it is still popular, i think this is because the game is based on real life events, events that are actual even today, and will be actual in the feature as well.
And the improved AI increases the replay value of the game even more.
Offline Stewox  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 12:57:45 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

i rember the times of 2003 and on , it was a blast with ZH , but , the thing is just not getting down , there are so many mods , and constantly keept alive , but the thing is , i didn't saw such a strong community as this, this is the tops of the hall of fame in commnity spirit ,but we didn't got back from EA things that we would expect , i hope for Generals 2 some day.

UserPostedImage
Offline starrysky  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:47:09 AM(UTC)
starrysky
Private

AEI wrote:

The latest update /v2.6/ is now available. Smile

Thank you very much!
Offline Stewox  
#96 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 2:31:49 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

C&C ZH is popular because of massive mod community support.

Also, since another C&C will return, promising a honestly better return (one of the greatest communites abused so long, this really has to be great if they want people back) i hope it's Gen2 , because , GENZH wasn't an "spoiled" franchise ,maybe the Campaign wasn't as good and other things but the gameplay was great and the design, for a new franchise was quite good, it wasn't just thrown together army-style like modernwarfail or other "modern" crap games, Gen ZH had it's own soul throuhgout the time it was being observed that it really wasn't a cheap devlopment after all , but ofcourse they didn't do a bunch of coding, like lighting and POW system, it was also quite a buggy game, crashed so many times.

But still the potion of the game, much of it was non-annoying, even tho the bugs were quite disappointing, the replay value is probably as high as RA2. And not a lot of games have that high replay value.

If Gen 2 follows exactly the path of Gen1 , it can prove very successful (critically, hope finanially, but that's EAs problem :p)

Edited by user Friday, April 15, 2011 2:34:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline lordax  
#97 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:19:42 AM(UTC)
lordax
Private

Hi.
Great work. But...
I recently started to play Zero again so I searched for this mod that back in those days I used it a lot.
I do however have some problems: major lag. While playing the vanilla game I had no lag at all, but when installed the mod, the game is almost un playable.
I have an i7 based computer so I think I way over the specs, also have Windows 7 64.
Any solutions for this? I really like the mod.
Offline AEI  
#98 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:49:36 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Here is the latest update. Well, as they say, better late, than never.

Version 2.7
So what's new?

- Demo's rebel ambush is now very dangerous - rebels will blow themselves up.
- GLA factions will utilize even more car bombs (if cars are available on the map).
- China and Nuke will be able to put tank hunters in Overlord tanks (mainly to counter tank spam).
- GLA factions will be able to evacuate damaged Battle Buses.

- Comanche backdoor attacks added for the AF General.
- USA factions may Chinook drop the enemy in late game.
- Finally fixed the famous vanilla AI bug, where missile defenders will attack buildings with laser lock. This bug also caused inadequate behaviour among other units as well.
- Improved late game economy by adding more hackers/black markets etc.
- Stealth Fighter teams for all USA factions will consist of two planes to make them more effective against base defences.

- USA factions will send units to pick up supply crates that fell outside the supply drop zones.
- GLA Sneak attack teams will be able to attack targets far away from the tunnel.
- Toxin's rebel ambush team will no longer try to attack buildings.
- Stealth's rebel ambush team may attempt to remain hidden and capture buildings later.
- GLA and Stealth will use the GPS scrambler for more units (before it was only used for 1 - 2 units).
- Nuke General will increase priority for Migs after the Tactical Nuke Upgrade is purchased.

- Demo's Jarmen Kell may attempt to blow up buildings (in case the enemy doesn't have many base defences).
- Soldiers will attempt to load into transports more often.
- The heavy bomber planes are now added to the attack priorities, so now the AI will be more agressive towards them, able to chase them, attack the bombers with planes, etc.
- Early anti-air teams added for GLA and China factions to better counter helicopter rushes.
- Some combat zone teams (those that guard the center of the map) may suddenly attack the enemy base if it has no power.

- Fixed a rare problem, where China factions planes will not attack the enemy and stay on the airfield.
- Fixed a problem, where AFG rangers will not use flashbangs.
- Fixed angry mobs that will not attack the enemy.
- Fixed several other GLA teams that will not attack the enemy.
- Several other small fixes and improvements.

To install, backup your INI folder and SkirmishScripts.scb file, then replace them with those from the mod.

For ZH 1.04/1.06

Have a nice play. Smile

AdvancedAIMod0.98 /by Lion & r42/ - improved version by AEI (v2.7)
For ZH 1.04/1.06

Credits and Special thanks to:
Lion
r42
C&C Labs community

Download from here
http://www.moddb.com/mod...-098-improved-by-aei-v27

or here:

Edited by user Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:52:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
AdvancedAIMod0.98 - Improved Version 2.7.rar (1,525kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
thanks 2 users thanked AEI for this useful post.
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu on 4/24/2014(UTC), r42 on 4/29/2014(UTC)
Offline r42  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:26:01 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

Looks suspiciously good. How do you fixed that "laser lock" thing?
Offline AEI  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:07:09 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Originally Posted by: r42 Go to Quoted Post
Looks suspiciously good. How do you fixed that "laser lock" thing?

Too good to be true, isn't it? Smile

There is a command that causes rangers to switch to flashbangs.
'Command_AmericaRangerSwitchToFlagBangGrenades'
It causes units to switch to secondary weapons. It doesn't cause problems as long as it is used only for rangers.

In vanilla Zero Hour though, there are many teams consisting of mixed units (humvees plus rangers plus missile defenders), that use scripts containing this command. All CT teams use it. So this causes missile defenders to switch to secondary weapon, or humvees to stop using their primary machine gun and use only tow missiles.

So i had to create the ranger CT teams first, then make them switch to flashbangs (when necessary), and then let them join the other teams that have missile defenders/humvees etc. or let them join the main CT team.

In order to recreate the bug, create a missile defender team, then get it to use flashbangs, and then order it to start hunting.