Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#121 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 6:12:37 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AEI Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: blbpaws Go to Quoted Post
Very cool that you're still working on this!

Well i just like this game. Smile

Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
Downloading...

Time to try this baby out!

Is it okay if I implement this into my own mods?

EDIT: Can this mod still work if I JUST add the SkirmishScripts.scb file in and not all of the .ini's (aside from the AIData)? Because I've already edited a lot of the same files you have.

It's ok if credit is provided for Lion, r42, AEI.

If you do not merge the ini files it will still work, but you will lose some cool features, probably 10 percent of all. For example you won't get chinook drops, comanches using rocket pods or demo rebels blowing themselves up.

k, thanks. Big Smile

I'm cool with that. I actually already did that and did notice a VERY huge improvement in AI but with some definite cases of it having an AI braincramp because of that. Stuff like units completely ignoring everything in their path until they get to the enemy base and the team that was sent to retaliate when the enemy attacked my ally's Chinooks would do absolutely nothing UNLESS the ally's Chinooks were attacked.

However I still quite enjoyed it and those are little imperfections that I can deal with just fine. For one thing I actually really liked the fact too that the AI sends out squads of units to secure MY OWN Supply Dock. XD It did kind of actually help secure my own base better and I liked having my ally building a barracks and sending out troops in my own base like that. Now I love my Hard Army allies even more in ZH!
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline 573908  
#122 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:07:43 AM(UTC)
Private

Seems like my account didn't survive the forum migrations, I'm Stewox!

Well it now got my attention too, wow this game keeps going, I was just fiddling some stuff a few months ago trying to recreate the infamous predator drone, rats I didn't notice the posts just a few weeks ago.

You know the scout drone that's only used for vision in ZH, well I put missiles on it and made it flyable and buildable in airport.

I've had this idea like 3 years ago but never got to it, I know it's probably impossible with EA, but a petition to get EA to put the GenZH source code out so we can fix these stupid bugs that make the game so unstable, they cancelled this game so why would it hurt, besides if there's a strong GenZH comeback maybe they can use that to have a better chance at some of more modern gameplay, if they go make a new game just on blind then it's all from scratch up, I was thinking putting up an open letter with all the pros reasons that would appeal to executives and investors how can it benefit in other areas and how the long term consequences may be while they may not get direct revenue from releasing the source code

... but now that there's less people than before this might be too late.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:13:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline SUPER-G  
#123 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:20:23 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 573908 Go to Quoted Post
I know it's probably impossible with EA, but a petition to get EA to put the GenZH source code out so we can fix these stupid bugs that make the game so unstable, they cancelled this game so why would it hurt, besides if there's a strong GenZH comeback maybe they can use that to have a better chance at some of more modern gameplay

You can definitely try, there may be a few developers that designed Gens/ZH still working in the company. I don't mean to destroy anyone's hopes here... but the people in power there won't likely buy into it.

Quote:
if they go make a new game just on blind then it's all from scratch up, I was thinking putting up an open letter with all the pros reasons that would appeal to executives and investors how can it benefit in other areas and how the long term consequences may be while they may not get direct revenue from releasing the source code

What would those reasons be? EA is a modern triple A software conglomerate, and Generals is a nearly forgotten 13 year old game that is their property. The likelihood of EA spending fractions of their time (even if the issue gets noticed by somebody with power) on releasing the source code to a small community of modders, I'm sorry, is probably nill. I won't say you can't do it though, there is a chance (even if slim) that it'll be released, others have done it before, but with EA it's not exactly feasible.

Quote:
Seems like my account didn't survive the forum migrations, I'm Stewox!

Wait, so you left before the migration, and come back years later?!

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:20:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey