Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline r42  
#101 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:48:13 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

I've wasted many evenings on that, trying to figure what is wrong with this game :D Damn secondary weapons... Damn EA!
Thanks for update! It seems that this mod has a habit to be updated every 5 years.
Offline AEI  
#102 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:34:20 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: r42 Go to Quoted Post
I've wasted many evenings on that, trying to figure what is wrong with this game :D Damn secondary weapons... Damn EA!

Sorry to hear that. And who knows how many other people lost time looking for what's causing this.

Originally Posted by: r42 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for update! It seems that this mod has a habit to be updated every 5 years.

You are welcome!
I guess i will have to check this thread after 5 years for the latest news. Cool
Offline MicScoTho  
#103 Posted : Sunday, May 4, 2014 3:33:02 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
This is great. Hey AEI and r42, mind if we post this latest version up on http://www.cnclabs.com/m.../generals/advancedaimod/ as the latest "official" version? What version number shall we use?

(We'll update the pages to give you credit accordingly, AEI.)
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline AEI  
#104 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 3:36:32 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Originally Posted by: MicScoTho Go to Quoted Post
This is great. Hey AEI and r42, mind if we post this latest version up on http://www.cnclabs.com/m.../generals/advancedaimod/ as the latest "official" version? What version number shall we use?

(We'll update the pages to give you credit accordingly, AEI.)

Yep, personally i'm ok with that. Version 2.7

Offline r42  
#105 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:20:49 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

I am totally Ok with that, but to have two versions in one file is a bit confusing in my opinion. Make it 0.99 or whatever next to 0.98 if AEI do not mind it.
Offline AEI  
#106 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:07:13 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Smile
Well, i did not mean Advanced AI Mod 0.98 improved version 2.7, but Advanced AI Mod 2.7

I'm ok with v 0.99 too, or whatever you put in there. But if you use it it will mean that i added one update now instead of several updates (v1, v2, v2.5, v2.6, v2.7) throughout the years. That's the way it is decribed in the readme i made.

Therefore you will have to create a different readme file. I hope that it is a comprehensive one and it describes most of the features of this mod (and there are lots of them).

Edited by user Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:40:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MicScoTho  
#107 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:44:42 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I'm fine with calling it simply Advanced AI Mod 2.7 if you are, r42.

AEI - I'm not sure when I'll have time to put together a comprehensive readme file, and you know the mod's features much better than I do. Would you mind putting one together? We have the original version history here: http://www.cnclabs.com/m...imod/versionhistory.aspx

If so, feel free to email it to me - mike@cnclabs.com
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline AEI  
#108 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 5:25:09 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

I e-mailed you the readme file.

I will also upload it here so that r42 could check if i missed something.
File Attachment(s):
Readme.txt (32kb) downloaded 99 time(s).
Offline r42  
#109 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 7:01:33 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

I have removed Laser Bug Fixing strings from my part of readme (I did not fixed anything after all), cleaned it up and moved China Nuke fix at the beginning because that is the first thing I ever did here.
File Attachment(s):
Readme.txt (32kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
Offline AEI  
#110 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:40:37 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Hi.
If you didn't already do that, mail it to MicScoTho too so he can use it instead of the file i sent him.
Offline revioosa  
#111 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 5:15:52 AM(UTC)
revioosa
Private

Can you guys pack all these fixes/changes inside a .big file to act like an mod because its causing problems for other mods (ROTR wont lauch without error if we put the files in the ZH folder). I think it should be possible to make a .big file containing these changed files and to be lauched with an shortcut like :

"D:\games\Command and Conquer - Generals\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hourgenerals.exe" -mod FixedZHAI.big

This way we can play ZH with these changes without affecting other installed mods i suppose.

Thanks for the great work guys !!

Edited by user Friday, May 16, 2014 5:19:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline AEI  
#112 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 3:52:10 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Just checked it with ROTR and it works as a .big file, but only if you remove the 0 byte SkirmishScripts.scb added by ROTR.
Here you go -

http://www.mediafire.com...jxb26y12fhnxd2/AAMod.big

Edited by user Friday, May 16, 2014 4:20:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline revioosa  
#113 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:21:30 AM(UTC)
revioosa
Private

I've did a clean reinstall of generals ZH and ROTR because i didnt remembered seeing any SkirmishScripts.scb file added by ROTR (as far as i can see they use .gib files for them) and indeed there is none added for me, i mean the ZH data/scripts remain untouched after ROTR (1.80+1.802patch) installation.

From what i see, you guys are working on the 1.06 unofficial patch and i think its a better way to download their patch in the .big format ( http://www.gamereplays.o...;type=post&id=407556 ) and since your fixes/changes are continuing from there, i think you can overwrite all the files from inside the Patch1.06.big file with yours or create a new .big file which include all together. This way basically u have the 1.06 AI + fixed AI in on single file which doesnt affect any other mods at all, keeping even the original ZH 1.04 untouched and other mods running.

This is the file which i combined like previously said, but maybe u guys want to make it by yourself to be sure about everything http://www.mediafire.com...kmac4wqkaa/FixedZHAI.rar
You can use this file it u want to test how it goes you need to create a shortcut ex:
"D:\games\Command and Conquer - Generals\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe" -mod FixedZHAI.big

Thanks!

Edited by user Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:24:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline AEI  
#114 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:48:22 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

I tried the old 1.72 ROTR version from my hdd, did not check the latest version. If it works with 1.80 without the need to tinker with files, that's even better.

Also checked the file you uploaded and the files look identical. Whoever wants to use the 1.06 patch + the AAMod combined into single .big file can download it from the link you provided.

Still, i will upload a file containing both .big files + installation instructions here.

So the mod compability issue with ROTR is now solved. Do you have other issues?

Edited by user Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:35:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
AdvancedAIModv2.7.rar (2,717kb) downloaded 292 time(s).
Offline revioosa  
#115 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:02:46 AM(UTC)
revioosa
Private

Thanks AEI, I was reading the install instructions from the file you just attached and im not sure if its correct..it says.. "Installation: To install, put the appropriate .big file in your My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data directory, and add -mod AAMod104.big or -mod AAMod106.big in your Generals Zero Hour shortcut target box".

Aren't the .big files supposed to be placed in the ZH root directory where the game is installed instead of the data dir from mydocs?
Offline AEI  
#116 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:47:13 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

The .big file will be loaded from both the root directory and the My Documents Zero Hour Data directory. For example the install instructions for the 1.06 patch mention the My Documents Zero Hour Data folder.

Its up to you where you want to put the file, the mod will be loaded from any of those locations.

Edited by user Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:52:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline AEI  
#117 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 1:25:36 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

The latest version is now ready: Advanced AI Mod v2.8

What's new:

- Comanches will finally learn to use rocket pods. They are now the deadly flying machines they deserve to be.
- AI can keep its planes in the air even without an airfield, just like human players can do.

- Lotus will use the cash hack ability to steal money from lightly guarded supply centers.
- US generals will send Comanches to support supply centers under attack.

- AI will move its helicopters away from the main base when the enemy is ready to fire a SuperWeapon.
- Stealthed Garrisons - USA Snipers will garrison civilian buildings.

- Capture teams will retaliate if attacked by infantry, so putting a single soldier to guard an oil derrick will no longer work.
- Further improved the use of laser lock for all US generals.
- No more empty Internet Centers: Hackers will move back to the Internet Center if it is destroyed and then built again.

- Toxin General will use less Demo Traps, as his demo traps are expensive, yet not very effective.
- Added Neutron Artillery priority for China and Nuke.
- Better utilization of units for Tank and Nuke (will use more tanks/gats, and less tank hunters, who are more expensive for those generals).

- Improved Stealth Detection for China factions - will use more Listening Outposts instead of Troop Crawlers. In the vanilla game, AI preffered to use Troop Crawlers for stealth detection purposes.
- Faster initial expansion/base building for GLA factions.

- Additional Helix attacks added for China and Infantry, and more Tech Terror attacks added for Toxin.
- Improved early gameplay for most factions (better rush and defence, will react against the human player building turrets near AI supply centers).
- Fixed vanilla issue with Demo , where he will be unable to clear garrisoned buildings due to never using the Toxin tractor.

- Fixed vanilla game bug, that could cause nuclear vehicle launchers to stop attacking the enemy.
- Fixed a problem, where the Toxin Rebel Ambush team will attack Internet Centers, even if there are better targets nearby.
- Fixed issue with afg supply guards.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
To install, backup your INI folder and SkirmishScripts.scb file, then replace them with those from the mod.

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\INI
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\Scripts
For ZH 1.04/1.06

Have a nice play. Smile

AdvancedAIMod0.98 /by Lion & r42/ - improved version by AEI (v2.8)
For ZH 1.04/1.06

Credits and Special thanks to:
Lion
r42
C&C Labs community

Download from here:
http://www.moddb.com/mod...mproved-by-aei/downloads

or here:

File Attachment(s):
AdvancedAIMod v2.8.rar (1,532kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
Offline Blbpaws  
#118 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 9:45:07 AM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Very cool that you're still working on this!
UserPostedImage
Offline Gameanater  
#119 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 11:34:23 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Downloading...

Time to try this baby out!

Is it okay if I implement this into my own mods?

EDIT: Can this mod still work if I JUST add the SkirmishScripts.scb file in and not all of the .ini's (aside from the AIData)? Because I've already edited a lot of the same files you have.

Edited by user Saturday, August 29, 2015 11:48:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline AEI  
#120 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 4:46:30 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Originally Posted by: blbpaws Go to Quoted Post
Very cool that you're still working on this!

Well i just like this game. Smile

Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
Downloading...

Time to try this baby out!

Is it okay if I implement this into my own mods?

EDIT: Can this mod still work if I JUST add the SkirmishScripts.scb file in and not all of the .ini's (aside from the AIData)? Because I've already edited a lot of the same files you have.

It's ok if credit is provided for Lion, r42, AEI.

If you do not merge the ini files it will still work, but you will lose some cool features, probably 10 percent of all. For example you won't get chinook drops, comanches using rocket pods or demo rebels blowing themselves up.

Edited by user Saturday, August 29, 2015 4:48:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified