Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline LukeZaz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:19:18 PM(UTC)
LukeZaz
Private

I'm trying to make a AOD called Lethlor Valley, And when i run my map and the wave timers run out, The units never spawn, Heres what i got...:

Players:
All the skirmish players from the Add Skirmish Players button.

Teams:
PlyrCivillian: Wave1. (this is a test for now so it only has one wave)
Team Settings (wave1):
Unit List:
Min 3 Max 3 GLA Scorpion Tank
Min 5 Max 5 GLA Rebel
On Create:
(the Follow Waypoint script i forgot its name)
On Destroyed
(The second wave starting script, the timer only starts after wave1 has been defeated)
Scripts:
PlyrCivillian: Wave1, Wave1Begin,Wave1OC, Wave1OD.
Script Settings (Wave1)
[ns A D]
IF:
True.
THEN:
Show millitary briefing caption: "w1" for 10000 miliseconds
Set timer "Wave1" to expire in 180.00 seconds.
Script Settings (Wave1Begin)
[ns A D]
IF:
Timer "Wave1" has expired.
THEN:
Show millitary briefing caption: "w1a" for 8000 miliseconds
Spawn instance of Team "Wave1" at Waypoint "Spawn"
Script Settings (Wave1OC)
[ns A D]
IF:
True
THEN:
Team "Wave1" follows waypoint path "Pathway"
Script Settings (Wave1OD)
[ns A D]
IF:
True.
THEN:
Show millitary briefing caption: "w2" for 10000 miliseconds.
Set timer "Wave2" to expire in 120.00 seconds.

Map contains:
Waypoint path "Pathway"
Waypoint "Spawn
A road that the pathway waypoint path follows.
Two player start positions and one for the enemy AI.
Four oil derricks (2/player)

Anything wrong?

Edited by user Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:46:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline Drummin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:39:04 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Without looking into this in detail, have you tried putting these scripts in a Player folder, such as GLA? Of course you would need to move the teams as well. PlyrCivilian has always had problems with teams.
Offline LukeZaz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 4:39:40 PM(UTC)
LukeZaz
Private

No, I didn't try that...
...just tried it, It worked, Thanks :)

EDIT: Now i have a problem, I have a briefing caption that says one wave was defeated and the next will appear in x minutes/xx seconds and when even a single unit of the waves team is destroyed it displays the caption rather then only displaying it once every single unit of the team is dead, Anybody know whats wrong?

Edited by user Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:51:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not ... ... ... What word am i looking for?

Offline Aafat  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 8:44:20 PM(UTC)
Aafat
Private

You've to make an IF condition in the script like this

Quote:
*** IF ***
[???] Team 'X' has been destroyed.
*** THEN ***
Show military briefing String: 'X' for X milliseconds.
Show 'Wave 2' with text Localized String: 'SCRIPT:USA04BomberTimer'.

Where X is the number of wave & time you want.

Hope this helps Thumb Up
Offline LukeZaz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:36:37 AM(UTC)
LukeZaz
Private

I'll try it, I had it set to IF true <do stuff> and had that script selected in the teams On Destroyed function.
Offline Drummin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:12:10 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Without seeing the scripts themselves and the setup it's a little hard to tell. You posted the scripts as normal scripts but I assume because you list the On Create and On Destroyed script calls that some of your scripts are subroutines. In general, subroutine scripts are best left as Active and thus not good for setting timers or captions. They are good at running another subroutine script or setting flags so I would use flags in this case.

Might I suggest that you make a script for setting all flags to false and add…
Script: SetFlags [ns A D]
Code:

*** IF ***
    True.
*** THEN ***
  Set Flag named 'Wave1Destroyed' to FALSE
  Set Flag named 'Wave2Destroyed' to FALSE
  Set Flag named 'Wave3Destroyed' to FALSE
Etc

Then for your On Destroyed script.
NOTE: Be sure that it's set at On Destroyed 100%
Script: Wave1Destroyed [S A nd])

Code:
*** IF ***
    True.
*** THEN ***
  Set Flag named 'Wave1Destroyed' to TRUE

Then for your caption and timer script [ns A D]
Code:
*** IF ***
Flag named 'Wave1Destroyed' IS TRUE.
*** THEN ***
Show millitary briefing caption: "w2" for 10000 miliseconds.
Set timer "Wave2" to expire in 120.00 seconds.

I have not tested this on a working map but it seems like a logical setup.

Edited by user Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:38:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline LukeZaz  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:39:47 PM(UTC)
LukeZaz
Private

Well, I found my problem, i had the On Destroyed scripts set to On Unit Destroyed, not On Destroyed %100, My bad,

I had almost finished Drummins plan so i decided to finish it, It has the flags and everything now and is working,

One more issue...
On wave 4, It is set to attack with 5 combat bikes and 20 Technicals, But when they're all killed, It never shows the defeat caption thus wave 5 never attacks,

I checked the team unit list to make sure it didn't contain anything such as "GLAInfantryStingerSoldier" which i've known to cause issues, i made sure the scripts were ok and i checked the teams on destroyed/create listings, it should work...
Anybody know what could cause this? i might have missed something.
If someone could fix everything up and make this a simple map with my 5 waves and fully functioning wave after wave system and some lose conditions ETC that'd be great :)
File Attachment(s):
AoD - Lethlor Valley.zip (8kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Offline Drummin  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:02:51 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General

There wasn't any problems with the scripting or teams. Large spawned teams stretch out in a long line horizontally and were going way off map. I'm sure some units were not finding their way back. I added some width to the map and some scripts to shroud, then change the border, then reveal the resized map. Hopefully this will bring those larger teams in. I organized your scripts into folders and added the win/loose scripts as well. If you add more waves these will need to be adjusted. Hope it works for you.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:12:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
AoD - Lethlor Valley_v2.zip (8kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Offline LukeZaz  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:27:51 AM(UTC)
LukeZaz
Private

Thanks, It works perfectly now, I just added to the waves - They were too easy, And to be honest they still are, I cant add too many units to a single wave team so i'm going to have to make multiple spawnpoints teams and waypoint paths, I'm also gonna redo the look to a sandy look with some scenery to improve the looks,

Also, How do you use Boss Units? i have a Boss Rocket Buggy under wave 5 but it never seems to attack, I tried reducing the units incase the horizontel spawning was putting the Boss Buggy on the edge of the map, It has 13 units in it including the boss, is that too much?

Edited by user Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:56:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:21:25 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

For some units, if they're told to follow a path then that's all they will do. I don't have world builder up right now but try making a script like this for teams you want to hunt.
Code:
***IF***
Enemy Sighted
***THEN***
<This Team> Stops
Team <This Team> Hunt
***ELSE***
Team <This Team> Follow pathway

NOTE: The example above is a Subroutine script setting [S A nd] set for the teams On Create behavior.

Edited by user Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:22:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline LukeZaz  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:45:06 AM(UTC)
LukeZaz
Private

I don't want the attackers to kill your defenses on the way, Just go along the path and you have to kill them before they reach the end and kill you, Any units you may have defending the "EndGame Zone" WILL need to be defended else enemies such as the scorpion tank (which will attack while moving) will blow them to bits,

I just want to use Boss Units so i can have a tougher unit for the player to fight during the wave,
Right now i'm constructing "Subwaves" that come with the main waves that follow alongside the main wave so the wave is bigger and the map actually has some challenge,

Also whats with the You Cant Post in xxx Seconds notifications? Is there time limits on posting to stop spam?

OOPS, Double post, Sorry! i didn't try to, I must have hit Post and hit post again while it was loading or something.

Edited by user Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:48:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:27:58 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General

You can also PLACE custom teams on the map with tougher Hits etc. Mix these boys in with the rest and it would get tough as the player won't know what unit to focus on. You could use a flag for the condition to bring them into the game at the same time you spawn the others.