Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Anaklusmos  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:10:34 PM(UTC)
Anaklusmos
Private

I get this error when ever I install Advance AI mod. I have verison 1.04, and install the 1.04 version.
Help? Here is the error:

Release Crash at Wed Jul 07 19:08:54 2010
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\ChemicalGeneral.ini' (Line: 'Object Chem_GLASupplyStash ')

Last error:

Current stack:

Edited by user Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:11:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline MicScoTho  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 7, 2010 7:43:23 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Do you have any other mods installed? The Advanced AI mod is likely not compatible with other mods.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline Anaklusmos  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:33:08 AM(UTC)
Anaklusmos
Private

No, not at all. Some where around, I heard that the mod is really meant to be played with 1.03. But that topic is 5 years old. So.... Can anyone tell me what "parsing INI file" is too? I would be grateful.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2010 12:48:34 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
It means that there's an error in the INI files.

If you run world builder it should come up with an error when it starts. It'll tell you the exact problem. If you post that error message in this thread, we should be able to tell you what the problem is.

One of the difficulties, however, is that world builder might not come up with an error on startup, and on some systems world builder won't run at all.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline MicScoTho  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2010 1:54:29 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Here's how you run World Builder: http://www.cnclabs.com/m...aq.aspx#OpenWorldBuilder
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline rynax  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:58:04 AM(UTC)
rynax
Private

I seem to have technical Ai difficulties where the AI KNOWS WHERE THE HELL I AM AT ALL TIMES AND WHAT I'M BUILDING!.

Sorry for the capitals back there but i must really stress that the fact that the AI builds 20x faster than me which in turn does not make it a smart AI but one that can cheat.

An example that happened today: I had two airfields one building aurora bombers and the other one not building anything and next thing i know the ai happens to know i'm building specific planes for killing their superweapon and then before the first plane is built their super weapon kills my airfield and strat centre in the process knowing i can't build those planes without it. Then when using the bulldozer to build the strat center again within mili seconds it knew i was going for another strat centre and destroys that bulldozer ignoring any other dozer or building in the process.

What was mentioned above was not of a smart AI it is of a cheating AI that knows every single precise move you make from building to knowing what is in your buildings que and also being able to build 20x faster than me because within 3 mins of the match it was able to build a particle cannon at that point way before any human boundries allowing me the time to build one myself.

So when developing an actual AI learn to build one that doesn't look over your shoulder, actually make an AI that makes up its own ideas and strats instead of looking through my eyes.

And thats just with the AI on medium, i'm up for the challenge but not the impossible.
Offline spikkelss1972  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:18:02 AM(UTC)
spikkelss1972
Private

hi i used to play cc and zero hour allot now i reinstalled it and now i want to play but when i click it says unload debugger and try again ????
does anyone has an ideaSad
Offline MicScoTho  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:41:59 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Quote:
So when developing an actual AI learn to build one that doesn't look over your shoulder, actually make an AI that makes up its own ideas and strats instead of looking through my eyes.
I can't comment on the specifics, but it's important to remember that the folks who developed this mod were limited by the facilities EA originally built into the game.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:42:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MicScoTho - Founder