Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CyberMax  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2006 10:37:25 AM(UTC)
CyberMax
Private

Hello people,
Could someone please advise me if they have found a solution to Zero Hour crashing and coming up with the error “Technical difficulties, caused by virus, hardware overheating” ext…

I have checked all the standard things, ie, defrag, closed all application, registry cleaner, spyware, updated drivers ext.

I am running a reasonably powerful machine. P4 3.2, 1gb DDR2 ram, 256 mb radeon x700. Windows Xp Pro sp 2 with all the updates.

This problem has only occurred recently and I can’t think why. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Sponsor
Offline Blbpaws  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2006 2:06:07 PM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Sometimes trying a reinstall might help, since I don't see any other immediate problems.
UserPostedImage
Offline Phe0n1x  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2006 3:30:13 PM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
it's just that the Generals/ZH version of the SAGE engine is...well...****.

that problem happens when either the things described by the error happen or (more likely) Generals/ZH just could not take in all of the data being thrown at it.

it has noting to do with your computer as my old computer could run it perfectly fine.
UserPostedImage
Offline ABoard  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:33:22 PM(UTC)
ABoard
Private

That´s difficult man, I sometimes have this problem in LAN games, if you disable firewall and antivirus it could help!
I always get the message: The game has lost sync, os mismatch... something like that....
Terrible...
Offline fleetatks  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2006 6:07:19 AM(UTC)
fleetatks
Colonel

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Mismatch: Some1 tried to use a cheat/hack that changes the game (like money hack) or sometimes it happens when trying to use mod maps (like AOD's.)

lost sync: usually means sum1 lost connection with all players, but still logged in to gens online. (usually people with certain ISP's that host a game do this.)

the overheated software- error is caused in mod maps when the map.ini or scripts don't work (like putting 'dfjsnjdnjv= true' in a map.ini will crash it), when the engine is overloaded, like pheonix said, or sometimes means something is wrong with the game (in rare cases, a virus)
Email me if you ever need help (edited signature November 6th, 2014)
Offline gizmoarena  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2006 8:26:57 AM(UTC)
gizmoarena
Private

CyberMax wrote:

Hello people,
Could someone please advise me if they have found a solution to Zero Hour crashing and coming up with the error “Technical difficulties, caused by virus, hardware overheating” ext…

I have checked all the standard things, ie, defrag, closed all application, registry cleaner, spyware, updated drivers ext.

I am running a reasonably powerful machine. P4 3.2, 1gb DDR2 ram, 256 mb radeon x700. Windows Xp Pro sp 2 with all the updates.

This problem has only occurred recently and I can’t think why. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

have you installed it in dafault location? if not, try doing that.
same problem occured with one of my friend when he installed in on other partition.
problem solved when he reinstalled it in default location.

- regards