Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline r42  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 5:04:22 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FZHRRMT0

Fixed China Nuke General and all USA generals can rebuild their strategies if Strategy Center destroyed and builded again.

Archive contains setup.exe from original AI Mod and fixed SkirmishScripts.scb that you have to unpack in ..\CommandConquerZeroHour\ZeroHour\Data\Scripts (remember to save original SkirmishScripts.scb if you need it)
Sponsor
Offline zergswarms  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 5:22:16 AM(UTC)
zergswarms
Major
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff Member

Is this your own creation?

Or added to the Advanced AI mod? If this is the case, I think you need permission....
UserPostedImage
Offline r42  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 5:36:21 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

It's added.
If author care about his mod why he doesn't fix it by himself?... Anyway feel free to leech, nobody will hurts, dies or lost the money.
Offline MicScoTho  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 6:55:51 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Can you explain in more detail the bug this fixes? What causes the strategy centers to no longer be rebuilt?

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2009 6:56:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MicScoTho - Founder
Offline r42  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 8:56:13 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

>>Can you explain in more detail the bug this fixes?
Nuke General didn't build barracks coz there was an error in script.

>>What causes the strategy centers to no longer be rebuilt?
It wasn't scripted. And not strategy centers - strategies (Hold the Line, Bombardment, Search and Destroy). Also AI pick the strategy randomly. Try to play and you will see.

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2009 9:14:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline r42  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:25:56 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

Sorry but one more bugfix:
- Dozers are programmed wrongly so they try to build a building and it remains at 0% for ages - this is due to the "Aggressive" state that the dozer team is in.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERDLMXPS
Offline MicScoTho  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:06:40 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Thanks, r42.

The original developer of this mod is no longer active in the community. Thus, we may consider using your changes in a new official release of the mod. What do you think? Are there other changes you'd like to make?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline zergswarms  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:20:38 PM(UTC)
zergswarms
Major

r42 wrote:
- Dozers are programmed wrongly so they try to build a building and it remains at 0% for ages - this is due to the "Aggressive" state that the dozer team is in.

The Dozer bug was fixed in the AI mod for all generals except for the base faction.
UserPostedImage
Offline r42  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 6:05:42 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

MicScoTho wrote:
Thanks, r42.

The original developer of this mod is no longer active in the community. Thus, we may consider using your changes in a new official release of the mod. What do you think? Are there other changes you'd like to make?

Yes, I would like to make more, but not now... It seems that all obvious bugs fixed, so use it as you wish.
Offline MicScoTho  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 6:44:50 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

ZergSwarms wrote:
r42 wrote:

The Dozer bug was fixed in the AI mod for all generals except for the base faction.

Sorry, do you mean r42 didn't fix the Dozer bug for the base ("vanilla") factions?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline zergswarms  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:29:24 AM(UTC)
zergswarms
Major

MicScoTho wrote:
ZergSwarms wrote:
r42 wrote:

Sorry, do you mean r42 didn't fix the Dozer bug for the base ("vanilla") factions?

Whoops, didn't realize how unclear that was. Sorry about that.

What I meant was the original creator of the mod had already addressed and fixed the Dozer problems for three of the four USA factions. From what I understood, the original creator did not touch the vanilla factions, so the Dozer bug might still be there for Vanilla USA. So unless r42 is referring to VUSA, then he didn't fix anything that wasn't already fixed regarding the USA Dozer getting stuck at 0%.

Edited by user Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:31:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Stewox  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:16:04 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Anyway ... it's nice to see someone continuing the work on this mod, I hope you can optimize the mod , the lates official ZH advanced AI mod , it LAGGS , even on my high end machine is still quite annoying and severe.

I think the Lion was the author he retired from this years ago.

Edited by user Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:16:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline r42  
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:56:04 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4QWXQC6E

Remastered version of this great mod. This archive contains "INI" and "Scripts" folders. As always just replace the original files and remember to save them.

List of changes:

- Improved all factions(Base building scripts, attack teams and other enchances).
- All factions balanced with amount of cheat money that they have.
- All USA generals now can attack with abandoned rangers.
- MissileDefender properly uses the ability "LaserGuidedMissiles".
- All GLA factions now uses bombtrucks and battlebuses.
- AirForce general uses CarpetBomb from StrategyCenter.
- VanillaUSA general uses MOAB.
- All USA factions now uses upgrade DroneArmor.
- Fixed vanillaGLA bug when it uses GPSScrambler each 40 seconds and not uses the SneakAttack at all.
Also, there is a lot of tiny changes that I can't remember.

Quote:
Anyway ... it's nice to see someone continuing the work on this mod, I hope you can optimize the mod , the lates official ZH advanced AI mod , it LAGGS , even on my high end machine is still quite annoying and severe.
try my mod and say which general or maybe combination of generals do laggs. Also it can be map causes that AI laggs, so you must try another map. Lets do tests =)

Edited by user Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:07:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Annihilationzh  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 5:39:14 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
In this version, does the AI still check it's generals powers every frame? Or has that been fixed since the vanilla zh AI?
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline r42  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 6:58:21 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

Annihilationzh wrote:
In this version, does the AI still check it's generals powers every frame? Or has that been fixed since the vanilla zh AI?

AI checks it's general powers every few seconds(<10). Exeption is GPSScrambler and Frenzy(every frame).
Also ATACK WAVE scripts checks not every frame too.

Edited by user Sunday, March 1, 2009 7:12:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline beng  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:57:38 AM(UTC)
beng
Captain

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
r42 wrote:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4QWXQC6E
Remastered version of this great mod. This archive contains "INI" and "Scripts" folders. As always just replace the original files and remember to save them.

What changes did you make to the INI files? I am thinking of using your skirmish AI in my mod but i cannot use your INI files since my mod modifies the same files.
Offline r42  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 3:03:48 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EFGO45GS

My work from latest. Changes:

- AI can re-enable important unfinished upgrades.
- More base building, attack teams and other general AI improvements. Looks like bug with LaserGuidedMissiles ability completely removed for now will be removed in the future.
- Stealth can manage with hijacker's captured tanks and vehicle(merge them into attack team, build upgrades (BattleDrone and Overlord's upgs) for it).
- Added scripts that change attack priority for power-related base defences to 1 if AI sees that it's enemy has no power.
- Improved behavior for bunker and Palace teams.
Code:
What changes did you make to the INI files? I am thinking of using your skirmish AI in my mod but i cannot use your INI files since my mod modifies the same files.
I add those strings to DragonTanks and BombTrucks
Code:
Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate ModuleTag_Hunt01
End
and those KindOf for battlebuses
Code:
TRANSPORT
sorry for late answer.

Edited by user Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:18:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline some1  
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:51:23 AM(UTC)
some1
Private

Hey!
Thanks for the updated script !
So is the best/most up-to-date about script ?

Thanks!

edit:
Do you change anything in easy/medium army?

p.s. could you use mediafire next time?!

Edited by user Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:02:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline r42  
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:29:17 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

Quote:
p.s. could you use mediafire next time?!
here you go
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyt4vwjbdgy Mines OFF (for slow machines)
http://www.mediafire.com/?wwyywdlzjmm Mines ON
It is another "snapshot". Although, I forgot to enable mines last time too :)
Quote:
Do you change anything in easy/medium army?
Since 01.03.2009 Normal is the same as Hard but without 50000 additional money. Easy not touched(practically).
Offline Stewox  
#20 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2009 1:07:50 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Man that's awesome to see one continuing the advanced AI mod , thanks a bunch man I am downloading and trying right away.

Cool fixing those upgrades , AI always failed to upgrade when it could, in campaign also.

On the other hand , maybe non working scripts that caused a mess were the culprit for lag? Make sure to repair or clean them out.

Outstanding job anywaysThumb Up

EDIT: Oh and is there any sort of whereabouts or comments that I can spot in the INIs as I have a mod of my self and I would like to update my INIs with the AI mod INIs , is there a way that i can see what specifically you changed in the object inis? Just wondering, I myself do a lot of commenting on almost everything, that makes is so much easier to remember the trick or point as I return to it months after hehe.

Also An idea for you , in AIData.ini , there are positions for the AI to place structures , I was all hyped up to make AI build more structures and bingo, but i was doing it without WB that time and the structures placed by AI are rotated lold , I wasn't doing it actually for final just experimental but it seemd to do the trick i was hoping for , I just find it weird that specific coordinates control everything but oh well if you have time and ready for it make AI to use more hackers/dropzones/blackmarkets/powerplants/defences/airfields , I would love to play against AI with loads of defences not only around the opening but in the back side also , defences in the center of the base are also welcome.

Edited by user Monday, June 1, 2009 1:35:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage