Phew, how long's it been since I last posted? More than I would care to admit. Well, I would like to first take a moment to wish you all a great holiday (or non-holiday) season.
...And now for the news!
- Zero Hour (v1.02) Patch is available. Go now to fix some of the missing particle explosions in the game. It's about 8mb to download.
- CNC Unleashed is holding a Zero Hour map making contest! This is what you could win: Command & Conquer Arsenal Pack - includes five C&C games, free email accounts,& free web space on the CNC Unleashed server.
- GenMaps is hosting a Zero Hour Mission Contest and if you win, you could get your choice of the folling kick-butt components: Seagate Barracuda 80GB Hard Drive, a GeForce FX 5200 (128MB) Video Card, or a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Sound System.
- CNC Frontline's New Article by CrazyIvan is titled 'Where do we go from here?' and worth the read. It's not that long and asks a good question. Check it out.
- CNC Fanworks is bridging the gap between art and videogames with a site completely dedicated to CNC fanart. It's relatively small right now and thats why you should go over their right now. It's really a great project. So check it out.
- The Imperial Assault Mod has released screenshots and it's looking cool. So check it out.
- Mike Murphy's interview with Cabal has been posted. It gives some insight into what the developers will do next. Here's a snippet:
EAComMike: I noticed you have a calendar of events, are you currently running any contests or events? What about future contests or events, anything big planned?
Scott: We are going to try and restart our chats with the developers, but at the moment with me being at University and my PC's not working too well we haven’t had the time. We do also have a contest planned for February assuming that my PC is working then. We are always thinking of ideas for new events and any contributions are appreciated... a lot. As soon as we know anything, we will let you know. As for anything big - the contest will be big, but as soon as my PC is fixed we will be upgrading to CNC Community version 2.0...with new features, new layout (maybe), and restart our promotion and try to increase interaction with the devs again. All the details are still in the planning phase though.
I hope this has wrapped up atleast the past week. I go on Winter break from Tuesday until sometime in January so hopefully myself and Micscotho can bring a little more life back into the site. Have a great holiday (or non-holday) season.
Last edited by Luckie on Sunday, December 21, 2003 at 4:50:28 PM.