Here's the latest update from Harvard about the version 1.4 Generals Patch.
Dear C&C Generals players,
We're continuing to hammer out Patch 1.4. It's looking really good so far and we're on target for release early next week. Most of the work is done and we'll be testing till then. Here's a tentative list of the contents. It may change depending on how testing goes but it should give you a ballpark estimate on what to expect. We'll keep you up to speed on the progress.
TENTATIVE 1.4 LIST
- Fixed the "repeat games in the custom match game list" problem.
- The game can now track who the offending disconnector is in a game. That player will get a loss and also lose a rank point.
- Changed the lobbies to only list the games contained in that lobby. Also renamed all of them after different countries...USA, Germany, Korea, UK, Australia, China, Europe, Asia, etc.
- Fixed a problem where the user could sometimes lose connection to Generals Online.
- Increased the allowed time for game to negotiate matching between players.
- Added the 3:00 rule for a game to count on Generals Online.
- Made a change for modders...added –directory command line.
- Fixed the rank hack where some players appear to have a higher rank than they should.
- Fixed the "no artwork" problem for a Random Private.
- Fixed an autosave problem in the Korean/Chinese versions.
- Fixed a crash related to user DPI setting.
- Added a new multiplayer map.
- Made some balance adjustments (may change):
* Tunnel Network build speed decreased.
* Marauder Tank hit points increased.
* Stealth Fighter hit points increased.
* Explosion damage done by Chinese Nuke Tanks when they are destroyed reduced.
* Nuke Cannon locomotor changed so it moves the same speed when damaged, not faster.
* Aurora speed increased after it drops a bomb. Damaged speed increased.
OTHER THINGS WE'RE LOOKING AT
- We continue to track down serious error issues. We are working with people who write to email@example.com.
- We continue to look at firewall issues.
- We've been keeping an eye out for online trainers, cheats, etc.
- We're working on the ladder kit. See previous post for status.
- We're working on a help bot for the lobbies.
- We're making more multiplayer maps.
I hope all this gives you some insight into the work being done. Thanks for your continued support.
No ETA yet on the patch itself, but it looks like they've got a good deal done already. Oh, and if you're interested in seeing that "previous post" about the ladder kit, head to the official boards here.