Community Manager Aaron 'Apoc' Kaufman passed along a few notes. Concerning Patch 1.09 and the Battlecast Viewer, he made the following post
Patch 1.09 is currently in our QA department being tested. We are finally going to release the "free" Battlecast Viewer client alongside Patch 1.09 as a separate download. You may have been wondering about Battlecast, well, we have spent considerable time doing a huge facelift on the Battlecast system on our website and when Patch 1.09 releases, you will see a lot of those changes. The changes are intended to make the Battlecast system work MUCH quAicker and be more user friendly. They will be very impactful significant changes, and i'm sure you'll be more inspired to broadcast your matches, watch them live, and even give yourself a shot at being on BattleCast Primetime. More on these changes as we get closer.
The full balance changes for Patch 1.09 will be revealed next week around when BattleCast Primetime Episode 2 debuts. The show will feature an in-depth interview with lead patch designer Gavin Simon, where he will explain the changes that are coming. This alongside the read-me will give you a very good understanding of the changes.
Concerning C&C TV
This Friday we will premiere a brand new C&C TV website at www.commandandconquertv.com. We will also premiere a new show called "Aftermath".
"Aftermath" is meant to be a "directors cut" look back at what you didn't see in BattleCast PrimeTime, along with extended scenes and new information. In this first episode, you'll get more Kanes, more Kanes Wrath, a sneak peak at BattleCast Primetime Episode 2, and lots more. Check it out this Friday on the new C&C TV website, www. commandandconquertv.com.
And, your surprise new favorite online TV show hit, BattleCast PrimeTime will be firing back up on your computer screens next week. In Episode 2 we will have:
- An exclusive interview with Kanes Wrath designer Sam Bass on some of the hot fiction topics you've been burning to hear more about
- A Patch 1.09 interview with designer and top team player, Gavin Simon, as well as a full reveal of the 1.09 ReadMe here on the boards
- An inside look at our experience at the Leipzig Games Convention including the only place you'll see the behind closed doors demo of Kanes Wrath, expect a lot of new gameplay footage!
- APOC's Corner, hopefully you guys enjoy my attempt yet again at entertaining you, my eyes are not that evil!
- tons of news from Dave and Raj
- and of course, another new epic multiplayer battle between two top competitors, and even some surprise highlight reel segments
And about the C&C Ladder
I am proud to finally announce that our first official 1v1 ladder season for Command & Conquer 3 will begin this Monday, Sept 24th, beginning with a big ladder reset. We have decided to only reset your ladder stats for the time being. We did not want to impact your experience levels gained and such and for the ladder season, it is your ladder record which of course matters the most.
The top commander who wins the grand end of season tournament of the ladder season will win a cash- check for $5000 U.S dollars! That's right, 5000 big ones to go do whatever you want with. We are also partnering with Logitech for some sweet audio and hardware prizes as well as other cash prizes for runner-ups. There will also be prizes to be won during the regular season as well!