Finally, C&C 3 fans will be able to mod the game. That's because EA has just released Patch 1.07 and the accompanying Mod SDK. s
The Mod SDK installer will only work with the 1.07 patch. The Mod SDK installer is for the user to create customizable maps, units, AI, UI, and much more. Visit commandandconquer.com for more information and to download the Mod SDK.
A custom map launcher screen has been added to launch single player custom maps. This is found under the Skirmish button in the Main Menu.
Replay browser has been converted into a general game browser. There is a tab for launching replays and a tab for launching Mods.
- Fixes for various cheats have been put into place. Please be advised that players attempting to tamper with the game may cause online matches to automatically desync.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow GDI projectile shells to track targets properly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Scrin Drone Platform to self-destruct when coming in contact with an enemy upgraded Scrin Annihilator Tripod.
- Fixed a bug with decoyed GDI Mammoth Tanks created by the Nod Decoy Army support power that allowed them to crush enemy units.
- Fixed a bug where support powers, Scrin Tiberium Vibration Scan and Nod Radar Jamming Missile, deducted twice the amount of credits indicated.
- Fixed errors that caused some players to experience unexpected problems due to copy protection.
- Scrin Mothership will now take 8 seconds to deploy over the Scrin Signal Transmitter, where it will be unselectable by user but can be attacked by opponent. Scrin Mothership speed has been increased by 33%. Weapon chain reaction delay increased by 1 sec.
- GDI Pitbull health reduced by 20%. Mortar given a scatter radius of 50. Mortar upgrade cost increased to 2000 from 1000.
- Scrin Buzzer Hive now leaves 1 Scrin Buzzer instead of 3 when destroyed or sold.
- Cranes for all 3 factions can no longer build defensive structures or superweapons.
- Harvesters' rate of collecting Tiberium has been made equal across all factions. Harvesters will now unload at the refinery before moving to a new Tiberium field.
- John Freeman and James Geiger credited for Mastering Lab work.
- TransGaming Inc. credited for Macintosh conversion.
Modding for C&C 3 just got a much needed boost. You can download the Mod SDK, an updated version of World Builder, art assets, and UI textures here.
If you're just looking for patch 1.07, you can download that through the auto-update system in C&C 3 by clicking the Online tab. Manual patch installers will be available on this page
Also, Greg has mentioned in the official C&C 3 forums that there is a new area of the forums for discussion of the Mod SDK called "Maps, Mods, and more" which you can check out here.
Last edited by Mike on Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 7:34:17 PM.