Welcome to the C&C 3 Modding section. Modding a game -- changing it in subtle or major ways so that it better conforms to your or others' tastes -- can be a rewarding art. Here we've provided some resources for you to help you get started with modding C&C 3!
- Mod SDK Initial Setup - Details the steps necessary for installing the C&C 3 Mod SDK.
- File Directory - This handy resource identifies the files most commonly modded in Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.
Note: these utilities are designed for C&C 3 only; EA has not released any Kane's Wrath Modding utilities for the community to use.
- Mod SDK v5.0 - The Mod SDK is required for C&C 3 modding. It allows you to edit the XML files that come with the game and interfaces with 3DS Max 9 to allow you to add your own art assets. See also:
- Sample Art Pack 1 - For those interested in creating their own art and getting it in game, this pack is a great place to start. It features 17 units/structures from the game, and includes the original art files from EA so you can see how the developers made them.
- Sample Art Pack 2 - Similar to above, this art pack includes eighteen units (all infantry) and some civilian buildings for you to examine and use as a starting point for your own art.
- User Interface Pack - This pack includes everything you need to mod the UI (User Interface) of C&C 3, including blank UI files, the original textures, and more.
- OS BIG Editor - The OS BIG Editor, created by Banshee of Project Perfect Mod, allows you to edit and create the .BIG files (a special type of archive) used in C&C 3.