Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline deathro2517  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 10:27:06 AM(UTC)
deathro2517
Private

I'm on the challenges and I'm China on Level 3 where you have to knock down the stautes in the town. For some weird reason I don't have the carpet bomber. Am I missing something. Is it because of the update and is there anyway to undo this.
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 3:08:27 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
I've never come across that problem before. Is it missing from the purchase window or is it just not working?

EDIT: Ok, I think it's an update, because it's certainly not in my patched version either. Do you mind downloading and installing a mod to bring it back?

Edited by user Monday, December 21, 2009 3:40:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline deathro2517  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:37:00 AM(UTC)
deathro2517
Private

Well I finally beat the level. I actually did the level a little different and done this way it's actually really easy.

Instead of going for the northern base last like everyone advises. I take the two statues out right away while building a butt load of battlemaster tanks and abuot 3 dragon tanks and two gatling tanks. I go up the left side and let my battle masters do the work. NOT TELLING THEM TO ATTACK JUST ON TARGET. Point to them to advance to a point just short of the garrosoned buildings and they will destroy all around them. I then bring in the dragon tanks (which I am prepared to loose at this point in the level) Let them do there thing on the garrisoned buildings. Then destroy that tower. Take the rest of my battle masters and proceeed back the EXACT same way I came.

To keep the rocket buggies off my back I just place one rocket soilder in each building just north of my base near the first statue, that keeps them preoccupied. I take the land mines and drop them RIGHT OVER TOP the statues. I then proceed to the statue, on the way there troops try and come after me, go acroos the mines and it causes the statue to fall on it's own without you having to do much. I never go in the open on an attack. I either use the south eastern path that's next to the base or the path to the right. More coverage and protection.

But yea I would love to try a patch!!!
Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:15:50 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Ok. The attached file is a zip file. Windows can open this just like a folder. There's a file inside named 0ChinaMission3Fix.big. Place this in C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour

If you have a custom installation path, or the first decade, or similar, it will need to go in the same folder as WorldBuilder.exe and AudioZH.big

You should remove it again after use because it can interfere with online play, and occassionally other mods.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:18:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
China_mission_fix.zip (2kb) downloaded 390 time(s).
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline deathro2517  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:20:34 AM(UTC)
deathro2517
Private

Sweet, that's awesome thanks. Where do you get all these patches. I'm looking for new maps and stuff like that. I love to play death valley 7 hards random. usually 4 on one team and the other 3 neutral and see how it goes from there but I need something new. Any suggestions?
Offline Annihilationzh  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:34:55 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

I make them. EA released the programs needed to change the game.

You can try the advanced AI mod. You can find that for download here: http://www.cnclabs.com/m.../generals/downloads.aspx

Offline shekdog  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:04:05 PM(UTC)
shekdog
Private

Patch 1.04 removed carpet bombing for China Mission 3, thus depriving you of any means to counter artillery and H&R tactics, to make China Campaigns even more difficult.
Offline Matthew9170  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:59:26 AM(UTC)
Matthew9170
Major

i think getting rid of the carpet bombs was a good idea for that mision because you could just get the carpet bomb and destroy the statues and not even play relly.
Wow, it has been a long time since I was last here.