Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Drummin  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 10:03:02 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Featured Map Review: Rush For Castle
This is a classic example of a map review that went well. This was the first map we had received from this author and it had only a few minor errors. The biggest issue was regarding the direction of the base pathways and labeling of these paths correctly. This is one of the most common problems we run across when reviewing maps. It is our hope that by adding the information found throughout the Maps Staff Journal section and in particular, the "Basic Two Player Layout" image found on our General Review Guidelines page, we will alleviate some of these problems before a map is submitted.

What I found most touching about this review process was the email I received just after sending the author my review. In broken English it basically said, "I can't read or understand English but my father can interpret this for me when he gets home this evening because he can understand English well. I'll make the changes you say and get the map back to you." I thought, Wow... we're reaching people around the world and though he didn't understand what I wrote, he said he would fix the map. And sure enough, the next day, I received a revised copy of the map with everything fixed. Needless to say, I thanked him for his quick response and for doing such a good job on the map transformation. The map is now added to our site as "Rush For Ice Castle" and is doing very well. If you'd like to download this map, click here.

You know what the best part is? He's sent us several more maps since this one and for the most part, they're without errors and getting better all the time. That is one of the most rewarding parts of this job.

Considering this is the authors first map, would you say it's fun to play? Is it Interesting or challenging enough for you? Please feel free to make any comments about this map or the review.

Edited by user Monday, March 2, 2009 10:51:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor