Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annihilationzh  
#101 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:13:10 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Quote:
You can counter the Rawkitvee with a few Avengers, which provide enough defense to neutralize the Missile Defender's missiles and the TOW Missiles, leaving the Humvees to use their machine guns. Plus the targeting assistance lets your units kill the Rawkitvee easier.

A USA player can counter rockvees with rockvees. Avengers are irrelevant. They're also too slow. Rockvees are for hit and run. If they can't hit, they still run. They'll come back somewhere without avengers.

Quote:
China can also use ECM Tanks

How are you going to build ECM tanks before the propaganda center is up?

The reason the rockvee is overpowered is because there is no single counter to it early game. You need multiple units to achieve it. Not considering the US, who can fight rockvees with rockvees or the king raptor.

Quote:
I agree with that 100%. Frankly, you seem to be really overestimating the power of the Rockvee. Maybe this unit is "supreme" relative to tanks, but you stated that it is the most overpowered unit in the game!

It is the most overpowered unit. Watch a replay with pros playing as USA. They won't often use tanks, but they will ALWAYS use rockvees. Even airforce general heavily relies on them. I realise I should have mentioned this earlier, but the reason the rockvee is so overpowered is because it is available early game. If it required the strategy center, it wouldn't be overpowered at all, and the USA generals would never win a competitive game. FYI, superweapon general already holds the title for being incapable of winning a tournament match. She always dies early game.

Quote:
Plus, a bomb truck that is strategically placed would destroy and annihilate the Rockvee.

Bomb truck is a post-Palace unit. Rockvees are early game units. And also, no. A bomb truck is not going to work unless the player isn't paying attention to his rockvees.

Quote:
Jarmen Kell can easily snipe the Rockvee disabling it

Jarmen Kell requires the Palace. The rockvee doesn't.

Quote:
Also, many kinds of airforce, especially the Aurora Bomber can easily take down the Rockvee. Therefore it is definitely NOT the most overpowered unit in the game.

Again, you're talking about late game units against an early game unit.

I emphasise, the rockvee is the most overpowered unit, NOT because it can defeat late game units, but because it is available early game.

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:41:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Gameanater  
#102 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:52:47 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
This is a very fascinating conversation that has taken a few turns, and I have to say that both points are quite valid.

Honestly though I can't come up with much to counter AZH's argument, that the Rawkitvee can be produced early in-game and can only be effectly countered by later-game units or anouther Rawkitvee.

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 6:43:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#103 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 6:35:32 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
Honestly I can't come up with much to counter AZH's argument, that the Rawkitvee can be produced early in-game and can only be effectly countered by later-game units or anouther Rawkitvee.

Oddly enough, I can present a slight counter argument. I will always argue that the rockvee is overpowered. Every tournament match with a USA faction is centralised around it. However, there IS an early game counter.

The GLA have 3 things that, when combined, will take down a group of rockvees, and china has a slightly different tactic.

Tunnel Network; there is no greater counter to hit and run than being able to rapidly transport your army. In addition, the RPG troopers take little damage from rocket troops, and the rockvee can't out range them. Finally, whilst quad cannons are outranged by the rockets, they do resist rocket fire, and they are not out ranged by the humvee machine gun. So if the humvee stays at a distance, the RPG troopers will kill the humvee, and the humvee can't damage them back. If the humvee gets close enough to shoot the RPG troopers with its gun, the quad cannons will shred the humvee.

China's tactic involves gattling tanks, tank hunters, Bunker Helix and/or migs. Migs are risky because they cost a lot, and they die easily. To make it worse, humvees resist rockets, aircraft and fire. The bunker helix + propaganda helix is the best counter, but it can be difficult simply because the helixes cost so much more. Despite this, the bunkerlix outclasses the humvee, and the US anti-aircraft units are very expensive.

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 6:38:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
Gameanater on 1/3/2015(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#104 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 7:27:13 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Haha, that is actually a fairly good counter-point!

Now, given all this Rawkitvee talk, I['ve been inspired to come up with...

THE USA MISSILE GENERAL!

Name: Marco Roving (A reference to Metal Slug, because all this rocket talk reminded me of Metal Slug's "RAWKIT LAWNCHAIR" quote)

Side: USA

Specialization: Missile-based weaponry

Features:
-- Flashbang for Rangers is replaced with a rocket launcher upgrade, which does the same damage as a standard GLA RPG Trooper's weapon and does not clear out buildings. Unit costs $100 more than the standard Ranger.
-- Missile Defenders are cheaper and ALWAYS fire with laser-targeting
-- Crusader Tank unavailable
-- Paladin Tank and the corresponding general's power is replaced with the Cavalier Tank, which fires missiles for both it's standard weaponry AND to defend against enemy missiles slightly. Can attack both ground and air. Costs the same.
-- Sentry Drone Gun upgrade attaches a rocket launcher.
-- Microwave Tank unavailable
-- Avenger does not provide targeting assistance, but instead fires missiles that are identical to Tank Hunter power and fire rate. Still uses laser attack against aircraft and enemy missiles
-- Patriot Missile System replaced by Presidental Missile System, which is twice as expensive but fires twice as much in one "clip"
-- Fire Base replaced by Missile Base, it fires Tomahawks
-- Humvees do not have a machine gun attached, but start with a TOW Missile
-- Only the Scout Drone and Hellfire Drones can be built, the Battle Drone is absent
-- Ambulance unavailable
-- Raptors are almost identical to King Raptors, but instead fire a huge amount of Missile Defender missiles and do not have laser defenses. They do not detect stealth units, either.
-- Comanches lose their machine gun in favor of a Missile Defender rocket launcher, but carry twice as much ammo for Rocket Pods and their secondary missiles
-- Aurora Bomber unavailable
-- Stealth Fighter unavailable
-- Strategy Center does not have Hold The Line strategy. Also, the Bombardment Strategy deploys a Tomahawk launcher
-- Tomahawks Launcher vehicles fire 2 Tomakawks at once
-- Particle Cannon is replaced by a Tomahawk Storm (similar to a GLA SCUD Storm)

Description: At first glance, Marco is outright overpowered. He can easily mow through tanks and aircraft with the sheer amount of missile output by his units, shredding enemy buildings as well.Bbut his biggest issue comes from the fact that he is almost exclusively missile-based, rendering him more vulnerable to infantry, and of course a large amount of enemy Avengers can still come at him and render almost his entire missile force useless. In addition, many of his units cost more, and using a Rawkitvee strategy with him actually has the slight problem with the fact that his Missile Defenders always take a second or so to start firing due to their laser-guidance weapons. He requires a very strong economy to use effectively, otherwise someone could just spam Avengers and back them up with tanks and render him powerless. he also has a complete inability to simply empty an enemy garrison without almost destroying it outright due to the lack of Flashbangs and Microwave Tanks.

Hmm... Actually, now that I typed that all up, I think he's too powerful now...
Help, AZH? xD

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 7:31:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Gameanater  
#105 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 7:30:32 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
FYI, superweapon general already holds the title for being incapable of winning a tournament match. She always dies early game.

Wait, can't she spam Rawkitvees too?
Offline SUPER-G  
#106 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 7:31:08 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I'm a little confused when you say the rockvee can resist the MiGs, all it takes is 2 or 4 fire missiles to destroy one if I'm right, as Humvees have relatively low HP. And of course any other fighter jet can get the first shot at the rockvee as they are faster, have countermeasures, ect.

Rockvees seem to be best for ground assaults though, as you said, they can just get out of range of the tanks and still fire rockets upon them. That's the one problem though, you get them too close to an Overlord or a huge tank force, and it'll be toast in no time, meaning you have to keep maintaining it's distance, while the enemy could be flanking your base as of this moment...

The Rockvee: powerful, but tedious in my opinion.

Also, what do you guys think of the Faction i made?

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 7:31:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Offline Gameanater  
#107 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 7:32:16 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: SUPER-G Go to Quoted Post
Rockvee: powerful, but tedious in my opinion.

IS NOBODY GUNNA USE THE TERM RAWKITVEE?

xD jk

Offline Annihilationzh  
#108 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 8:19:31 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Technically yes, but her humvees are too expensive; every penny counts in competitive play. Do remember that whilst the rockvees are using hit and run tactics on the opponent, China will often have a dragon tank flame walling her supplies, whereas the GLA will techterror them. This is a game of tactics, and the best defence is a good offence.

I'm a little confused when you say the rockvee can resist the MiGs, all it takes is 2 or 4 fire missiles to destroy one if I'm right, as Humvees have relatively low HP.

One MiG can't destroy a humvee. When you use a mig, it's sent on a suicide mission because the humvee is going to kill it. Two migs cost more than a rockvee (IIRC), so it's not cost effective. The only way they are cost effective is if you manage to damage multiple rockvees at once (they're usually used in groups).

xD jk

I can't take it seriously because of this guy: http://www.mariowiki.com/Rawk_Hawk

It sounds like his car.

Offline SUPER-G  
#109 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 8:50:37 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Quote:
I'm a little confused when you say the rockvee can resist the MiGs, all it takes is 2 or 4 fire missiles to destroy one if I'm right, as Humvees have relatively low HP.

One MiG can't destroy a humvee. When you use a mig, it's sent on a suicide mission because the humvee is going to kill it. Two migs cost more than a rockvee (IIRC), so it's not cost effective. The only way they are cost effective is if you manage to damage multiple rockvees at once (they're usually used in groups).

I think you're right, with the 5 rocket troops and the Humvee likely having the TOW upgrade, it would be quite easy to kill one MiG.

Quote:
Two migs cost more than a rockvee (IIRC)

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/MiG_%28Generals%29

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Humvee_%28Generals%29

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Missile_defender

Math time.Cool

5 rocketeers at $300 = $1500
$1500 + $700 Humvee = $2200

+ optional $800 upgrade = $3000
+ extra $150 if you`re using Alex, = $3150

2 MiGs at $1200 = $2400

+ optional $1000 armour upgrade = $3400
+ Optional $2000 napalm upgrade = $5400
+ extra $200-$400 when using Tao and Kwai, = expensive.

So, in short, if both side decide to fully upgrade their vehicles the MiGs are over $2000 more, but without upgrades the MiGs are only $200 more. Meaning that 2 normal MiGs VS a fully upgraded Rocketvee is less expensive (slightly). So, IMO it would be worth it if the MiGs were not upgraded (especially against an OP unit).

But that doesn't consider the time to build the airfield and both aircraft, it's unlikely that the Rocketvee would have obliterated you by the time both aircraft are fired up, but it is something to consider when facing more than one rocketvee.

So, if there is more than one rocketvee, that's even MORE money and MORE time spent building air fields and aircraft. That's when it could get wasteful and expensive to use MiGs.

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 8:56:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in

Offline Annihilationzh  
#110 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 12:27:45 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Quote:
Help, AZH? xD

Take out the buff to the missile defender, and he'd be ok as a general. Your other changes seem reasonably balanced.

Super G, are you studying maths? Because I used to make posts like that when I was studying.

Edited by user Sunday, January 4, 2015 12:35:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Commander Ned  
#111 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 6:12:12 AM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Now the debate is only about the Rockvee...
Ok. So you claimed that the Rockvee is capable of defeating any early game unit. But then you also said that the Quad Cannon and the Rocket Launcher (two early game units) are capable of defeating the Rockvee IF placed and used tactically. You also said that the Helix is capable of defeating the Rockvee. But I think the Helix is a bit inconvenient when dealing with such an early game unit such as the Rockvee. But I also argue that along with the Quad Cannon and the Rocket Launcher, an early game unit capable of defeating the Rockvee is the Terrorist Cycle. It is fast, cheap, available at early game and does good damage. Its speed leaves the Rockvee no time to respond, especially if a player attempts to GPS Scramble them or simply use them in numbers. Plus the Dragon Tank and the Toxin Tractor can defeat the Rockvee with difficulty at FACE TO FACE COMBAT. But the Rockvee is near supreme at hit and run except when put against the Quad Cannon and the Rocket Launcher as you said. Plus, a Terrorist Cycle can defeat the Rockvee in groups simply because the Cycle will disable the hit and run ability of the Rockvee. Also, a salvaged Heroic Technical can defeat a Rockvee in groups using its speed.

NOW HERE IS A QUESTION:
Who will win: A Tocvee (Humvee filled with Toxin Rebels) or a Rockvee?

Edited by user Sunday, January 4, 2015 6:19:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hey! Its Commander Ned here! Check out my videos on YouTube:

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Also check out my topic on C&C Labs Forums » C&C Generals Discussion » C&C Generals and Zero Hour:

Create your Unit!

I wanna get as many responses as possible!

Offline Hell Warrior  
#112 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 6:28:19 AM(UTC)
Hell Warrior
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Math, my friend, is an art. It is the canvas on which gaming has been delicately painting. I think you out of all people, understand profoundly the maths behind generals, ranging from the complex algorithms that govern AI behaviour to the simple figures that dictate the health, speed, and damage of each individual unit. The mathematics behind prices and cost efficiecy create the macro of the game, while the micro is determined by unit statistics. When combined, you achieve ultimatum. This applies for all such strategy games, and generals is no exception. The victor can be determined by a tedious equation, and most interestingly, the game theory can be applied in this sense.

I see what you mean by the rockvee's power, but do not you think base defense and trap placement early game can silence him?

And late game, I have played Commander Ned several times, and have observed that as you say, he is overreliant on tanks and launcher units, however in my humble opinion, you seem to overestimate the power of rocket infantry in veichles, despite it being a powerful tool. A balanced army is the best army no?

Oh and for the missle general, he seems to be a dynamic and balanced general, (really cool additions) however i just have two questions regarding him.
Does't the lack of garrison clearing make him too weak in a way? I mean if there is a city that would give him hell and the enemy a chance to turtle and hoarde avengers maybe?

Also, the presidential patriot missle is supposed to be a buff or a debuff to the original? Because at a double price, you added double missles, however what about the HP of that building. In order to maintain mathematical proportionilty, so it can be twice as powerful and twice as healthy, must you not double its HP? Otherwise, that PPM would just be an easier way to destroy two patriot missles stuffed in one.
In addition, when adding strengths to the general, it is best not to increase the price proportionally,otherwise the addition would be neutralized. Take Nuke general, his power income is multiplied by 1.8 per reactor, and the price by only 1.2, which means that one unit of power is cheaper for him than other generals from china.
Per missle however, the price of the presidential patriots is equal to that of the normal one, only less HP/$.

Edited by user Sunday, January 4, 2015 8:46:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Feel free (although you probably don't want to) to view my short vidoes displayig the awesomeness of each of the 9 zero hour generals!) Like comment and share if you like them! (I doubt it heheheh)
Airforce: http://youtu.be/0f-oucFRGLo
Laser: http://youtu.be/DvXtqaZfihs
Superweapon: http://youtu.be/BR4OAVuh968
More to come soon? :)
This is Chaos Warrior's new account.
Offline SUPER-G  
#113 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 10:20:28 AM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Super G, are you studying maths? Because I used to make posts like that when I was studying.

I have it next semester, i just thought it would be best to 'show my work', so if i get anything wrong in the equation i can easily edit and not get completely lost in my thoughts.

Quote:
NOW HERE IS A QUESTION:

Now that's something i could test out, but i bet the Tocvee will win, Humvees are very VERY weak against toxins.

Edited by user Sunday, January 4, 2015 10:21:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

Offline Commander Ned  
#114 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 11:45:04 AM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It would be a relatively interesting test. But I agree with you. The Tocvee will probably win.
Hey! Its Commander Ned here! Check out my videos on YouTube:

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Also check out my topic on C&C Labs Forums » C&C Generals Discussion » C&C Generals and Zero Hour:

Create your Unit!

I wanna get as many responses as possible!

Offline Hell Warrior  
#115 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 12:13:22 PM(UTC)
Hell Warrior
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Careful though, because as the wise Annahilatorzh stated, "you underestimate the power of hit and run," and I think the rocket launchers have a greater range thatn toxin rebels. If AI, I agree with you Super G and Ned, tox will win, but however a player with a rockvee can easily hit and run the latter, or shoot from a safe distance. In retrospect, if the toxin rebels get a chance to fire, it's game over, since the humvees have equal speeds, making escape nearly impossible. It's all about the player.
Feel free (although you probably don't want to) to view my short vidoes displayig the awesomeness of each of the 9 zero hour generals!) Like comment and share if you like them! (I doubt it heheheh)
Airforce: http://youtu.be/0f-oucFRGLo
Laser: http://youtu.be/DvXtqaZfihs
Superweapon: http://youtu.be/BR4OAVuh968
More to come soon? :)
This is Chaos Warrior's new account.
Offline Gameanater  
#116 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 2:31:39 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Hell Warrior Go to Quoted Post
Math, my friend, is an art. It is the canvas on which gaming has been delicately painting. I think you out of all people, understand profoundly the maths behind generals, ranging from the complex algorithms that govern AI behaviour to the simple figures that dictate the health, speed, and damage of each individual unit. The mathematics behind prices and cost efficiecy create the macro of the game, while the micro is determined by unit statistics. When combined, you achieve ultimatum. This applies for all such strategy games, and generals is no exception. The victor can be determined by a tedious equation, and most interestingly, the game theory can be applied in this sense.

Wow. That's deep.

(xD)

I see what you mean by the rockvee's power, but do not you think base defense and trap placement early game can silence him?

Possibly true.

Oh and for the missle general, he seems to be a dynamic and balanced general, (really cool additions) however i just have two questions regarding him.
Does't the lack of garrison clearing make him too weak in a way? I mean if there is a city that would give him hell and the enemy a chance to turtle and hoarde avengers maybe?

Well, we could theoretically just blow the entire city up by relentlessly bombarding them with endless streams of missiles. That would work, right?

Also, the presidential patriot missle is supposed to be a buff or a debuff to the original? Because at a double price, you added double missles, however what about the HP of that building. In order to maintain mathematical proportionilty, so it can be twice as powerful and twice as healthy, must you not double its HP? Otherwise, that PPM would just be an easier way to destroy two patriot missles stuffed in one.

Is PPM short for Price Per Missile?

Well, it's a bit more more money for a far more powerful base defense. But I think I can see your point.

In addition, when adding strengths to the general, it is best not to increase the price proportionally,otherwise the addition would be neutralized. Take Nuke general, his power income is multiplied by 1.8 per reactor, and the price by only 1.2, which means that one unit of power is cheaper for him than other generals from china.
Per missle however, the price of the presidential patriots is equal to that of the normal one, only less HP/$.

Well, the Nuke General's Aircraft is more expensive, but it can be upgraded to fire with a nuke bomb.

The Presidental Missile System costs twice as much for twice the firepower in a single defense building.

Offline Gameanater  
#117 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 2:44:09 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Quote:
Help, AZH? xD

Take out the buff to the missile defender, and he'd be ok as a general. Your other changes seem reasonably balanced.

Really? Okay, I suppose that might work/ Although it could be potentially even more OP the the standard Rawkitvee's without having the small buffer, and you could achieve the same result with rocket-upgraded Rangers and 7-person Ambulences.

Quote:

xD jk

I can't take it seriously because of this guy: http://www.mariowiki.com/Rawk_Hawk

It sounds like his car.
Bah, who cares? :P

Quote:

Technically yes, but her humvees are too expensive; every penny counts in competitive play. Do remember that whilst the rockvees are using hit and run tactics on the opponent, China will often have a dragon tank flame walling her supplies, whereas the GLA will techterror them. This is a game of tactics, and the best defense is a good offense.

Ah, I see! Thank you, sir!

If I remeber correctly, actually, her infantry also cost more too, right?

Maybe in my mod (Domination), she can have normal-costing Humvees... And Still more expensive Missile Defenders, but instead have EMP Defenders? Ooooo!! lol

Quote:

Quote:

NOW HERE IS A QUESTION:

Now that's something i could test out, but i bet the Tocvee will win, Humvees are very VERY weak against toxins.

Now THAT actually is an interesting scenerio. The Rawkitvee dramatically outranges the Toxinvee, so it has the potential to split it in half before the Toxinvee gets anywhere close enough to attack.

And like SUPER-G said, Humvees are EXTREMELY weak against Anthrax, especially against Beta, and they CERTAINLY don't stand a chance against Anthrax Gamma. So depending on whether the Toxin Rebels have that upgrade or not, that might change the game a little.

I think the Toxinvee could still get at least a small shot off before it blows up, best case scenerio, but if it got that shot off with 5 Anthrax Gamma Toxin Rebels firing all at once, then BOTH sides blow up. So then is it a tie?

I don't know, this is an interesting concept!

Edited by user Sunday, January 4, 2015 4:13:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I forgot Humvees kill their guys upon death

Offline Gameanater  
#118 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 4:12:47 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Okay, I tried going up against a "Hard" Tank General AI and spamming Rawkitvee's... And no matter what way I tried to hit-and-run with them, they got swashed every time.

So either I REALLY suck, or Rawkitvee's aren't overpowered.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#119 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 4:30:40 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Quote:
Okay, I tried going up against a "Hard" Tank General AI and spamming Rawkitvee's... And no matter what way I tried to hit-and-run with them, they got swashed every time.

Micromanagement isn't easy. I struggle to use rockvees properly as well, but pros are in a whole league of their own.

To prove my point of how many rocket troops you'll see in competitions, here's a tournament video:

Note, this is a fan-made patch to try and balance the generals. This particular video doesn't contain any tanks for obvious reasons, but you will see a couple of tanks in pro games. The main army is almost always going to be RPG soldiers and gatts/quads.

Edited by user Sunday, January 4, 2015 4:31:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline UTD^Force  
#120 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 4:40:28 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)

I choose that you REALLY suck, jk xD
When I play multiplayer, we make the army be random, but if I take USA, I build a rockvee. And, mostly you win with that, although it's easy to destroy it without sending crusaders.
So, I send 4-6 crusaders to be in the front, in the middle, I add 3 rockvees, that should be enough to defeat someone.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs