Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline stumblebum  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2023 9:22:32 AM(UTC)
stumblebum
Private
Germany

Hello everyone,

this is my very first post, since I'm new to Generals / ZH modding. I searched the forums but could not find a solution for my issue.

I followed the 'Creating a New General's Power' guide made by CommieDog, except I added the artillery barrage to the USA Superweapon General instead of GLA and I switched science rank 3 to 1 for testing purposes - results with rank 3 are the same.

I followed the guide to the letter, but the weapon will not fire. When I click the button in the CC I get the correct RadiusCursorType ARTILLERYBARRAGE but in the middle the GenericInvalid cursor. Also the the shortcut button won't show up.

Can anyone please point out to me what I am missing?

Code:

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2023 7:43:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline stumblebum  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2023 10:32:18 AM(UTC)
stumblebum
Private
Germany

I figuered it out. The problem was in Object\SuperweaponGeneral.ini - I put the behavior info under the special weapons block instead under the commandcenter block. Now it's working just fine!
Offline rey  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2023 1:02:33 PM(UTC)
rey
Major

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Tiny advice: don't try to Create things as you only started modding, instead modify things already existent, later make modified copies as separate powers/units, only then you'll understand how to create something of your own.
thanks 1 user thanked rey for this useful post.
stumblebum on 9/30/2023(UTC)
Offline stumblebum  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2023 9:59:17 AM(UTC)
stumblebum
Private
Germany

Thanks for the advice! I modified playertemplate.ini to add other intrinisc science and use the existing science/buttons/units. It is indeed much easier! Cool