Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lee0307  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 10:48:52 AM(UTC)
lee0307
Private

hello im new to making maps the only reason im doing it is because i cannot find any of the maps i used to play back in the day so im trying to recreate them.

im struggling to add unlimited money to my maps could someone please walk me though how to add unlimited spawning money creates to my map.
Sponsor
Offline UTD^Force  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 12:44:15 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
You can either set the money of players to be a very high number or set a couple of scripts to spawn money crates in an area. Here are the two ways.
1- You can set a player's money to a very high number:
Script> Player> Set> Set player's money... And this is how the script looks like:
Quote:
*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
[???]Set Player 'player0''s money to $ 9999999

player0 is the host of the multiplayer match, and it goes until player7, who is the last player in the lobby at position 8.

2- You can set a script to run if the money crate gets taken, this script will then spawn a new money crate and enable another script. The other script will re-enable this script. The script will run again, until the player's unit is out of the area (not stepping on the crate).
Script: MainScript
Quote:
*** IF ***
Player 'PlyrCivilian' has Less Than 1 unit or structure of type '2500DollarCrate' in the area 'AreaSpawnCrate'
*** THEN ***
Spawn Unit 'moneyCrate01' of type '2500DollarCrate' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint 2'
Enable Script 'ScriptEnable'.
Disable Script 'MainScript'.

Script: ScriptEnable
Quote:
*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Enable Script 'MainScript'.
Disable Script 'ScriptEnable'.

Image of the area and waypoint + unit "moneyCrate01":
https://ibb.co/c6CN2QV

For some reason, the image is not opening for me.
You just use the area tool to make a small square around the money crate, name the area like I did in the scripts and place a waypoint in the middle of the square. Now whenever the crate is taken, the game will read as if there are no crates in the small square area you made.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs