Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:06:52 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Feels strange not posting about generals but this demands more of my attention. Over the years I've went through pc's a lot. First one I stopped using becuase it could keep up with new tech/games and the second got lightning struck while I was play renegade. Third was a amazing pc for being a general use pc but for some reason it blue screens. But I stopped using it till I fixed that one.

NOW done with the backstory of my time with pc. My current pc, a Dell optiplex 755. Decent pc costed little handled a lot. Anyway recently it has decided not to work. It starts up I think lights on everything but it dosnt connect to the video display I've tried putting it to my tv and regular monitor but it dosnt display. What I have not tried is changing the cord that connects the display to pc (vga). It has a set of lights towards the bottom a 1-4 and the processor light? And when it starts 3,4 turn on briefly then it goes to 2,4 I'm assuming that these lights can be used to telling a general idea of wth is going on with it. Any help will be appreciated. I can try to provide specs if it's necessary I have to recall it though since I can't access it...
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare
thanks 1 user thanked qqqqqqqqqp for this useful post.
Newtron_Gamer3 on 8/7/2017(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 11:16:56 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Clear CMOS and reset BIOS.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
thanks 1 user thanked SkyMix_RMT for this useful post.
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:24:29 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

This did not work or I did it wrong.

As the screen,mouse and keyboard don't work I had to remove the batterie waited put back in and still did same thing.

Edited by user Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:25:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 3:22:20 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

As an update it pc why's it works but it no longer reads my Hdd managed to get it running to that point. But seems the Hdd is fried and I have no means to replace it.. it seems I'm not allowed to have a working pc...

Advanced warfare
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:03:20 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
You can try to google your problem. Or you can look for help in tomshardware forums.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
thanks 1 user thanked SkyMix_RMT for this useful post.
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:43:10 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I had a connection to the TV problem before. I found that first the VGA cable was busted, then the second time it did it the Video Card went bad. Then the THIRD time it was the monitor. Lol. xD
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
thanks 1 user thanked zero hour mad map maker for this useful post.
Offline Unknown Editor  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 10:48:59 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Well , I can't belive how me and my brother didn't get our computer changed from 9 last years .
Once Lightening got our Tech under Attack .
It destroyed many things , Microwav , TV and also it included WIFI :(
Well we didn't have any problems with computer from lightening .
Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
thanks 1 user thanked Unknown Editor for this useful post.
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:24:45 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

The one struck by lightning was a fun one lol playing renegade online during a storm (not the best idea) on dial-up (I know...) and I guess lighting hit a phone line as it only fried the modem in it. Flames shot out of my pc for a few seconds then power was out for a bit when it came back on turn on the pc work fine just couldn't connect to internet had to get a new modem anyway a month or 2 afterwards the pc stopped working I'm assuming it was power supply becuase it wouldn't even turn on.
That was my Hp.

Next was a gateway that I got at an auction found out that video cards could be external (I was younger at this point) as it had a nivida in board graphics card.being owned this one had a password i had to bypass which was going to cost 100-200$ for it to be professionally reset said "screw that noise" flipped it into safe mode went through the safe mode admin account and removed the password. this one still works I just have to find it/ plug a new Hdd in it as the other one ether had a virus or the boot up got corrupted would blue screen for some odd reason. Might've been ram as well.
I'll have to see if I can get that one working older but was almost better then my new one as it was a bigger pc and not a compact.

Now the newest tower based pc I got was my Dell optiplex 755 small light weight machine came with 4 ram (2 gb each) which I put 4gb extra in it great pc just no graphics card of use (at this point I had gotten space engineers and it couldn't play it) but I could play all my older games on it with max graphics high resolution so that was my gaming rig for a few years. Till this year its sudden stop. Which some one from Tom's hardware thinks is the power supply so I might be able to order one.

Anyway not having a tower based pc is unnerving to me as I like having them easier to mod and make better. I now have my laptop which is Toshiba 12 ram, Intel i7 and a low grade built in graphics card by Amd Radeon it can play game quite well still can't play space engineers that great but I can deal with a little lag. But now I've upgraded it to Windows 10 (becuase it was free) and now I can't play the older games I love I've thought about degrading back to Windows 7 but that would be a pain.

So yea that's a longer story of my time with computers I've had the idea of makeing my own and even looked into it (1000+$) and found a setup I'd like. But when one is strapped for cash things you want must be put aside for things you need.

Edited by user Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:44:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Advanced warfare
Offline Newtron_Gamer3  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2017 12:04:54 AM(UTC)
Newtron_Gamer3
Private
Brazil

I feel bad for you man! But, you'll get it eventually right?
UserPostedImage

SNARKY SNARKY SNARKKKKK!