Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Swedishmeat07  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 2:25:11 PM(UTC)
Swedishmeat07
Private
Sweden

Hi! I am curious about remaster Generals ZH on Tiberium wars engine. As it is only a upgraded version of Generals engine (SAGE). This might be possible right?
I think the community would love to have a Generals remastered with new graphics, new weather, new maps etc. Nothing that affects gameplay.

And i know, people might say, if you want a graphics mod, just download Generals Enhanced or something like that, but the thing is, there's stuff that affects gameplay there so the answer is no.
And no, i don't wanna build new graphics by modding current generals engine.

Tiberium Wars has a great worldbuilder and graphics. Compared to Red Alert 3, Red Alert 3 graphics sucks compared to tiberium wars.

Anyone else interested in this? Smile
Sponsor
Offline CommieDog  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:32:48 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
One thing that might be tricky is the Dozer mechanic. The dozer logic in the hard code was removed for TW (though the module for it still exists). If you don't mind a little wonkiness though, it should work just fine.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline Mjjstral  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:29:19 AM(UTC)
Mjjstral
Private
Germany

It is absolutely possible now to make a dozer that behaves like in generals. This can be achieved via extensive use of lua scripts. The logic will look like this:

1. You place the building preview/construction side via normal build menu.

2. We can issue a move to coordinate command to the dozer that owns the repective build menu, so that it approaches the con side.

3. We track the coordinate of the dozer, if it reaches the construction side, we trigger the dozer and building construction animation and the sound effects.

4. As soon as the building time expires, the "construction side object" gets deleted and the actual building gets spawned on that position. Done.

All the necessary lua code and the know how is available now here.

For further assistance or other tricky problems you can contact me.
Offline CommieDog  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:45:00 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Sounds cool. I'll have to check that out later.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you