Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 1:47:36 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Hello there! I've gotten the idea to post this in the gaming and technology thread because Star Wars has been bugging the CRAP outta me! This thread is just me ranting about it; feel free to join in and comment on my horrid, yet wonderful rant! Can you bare reading through it all!? Let's hope so! Lol. There are a few spoilers for Episode 7, so if you want to see it, don't read this!

This is similar to UTD^Force's Islam Topic, except here I ranted and you guys could ask my stance on specific area's of Star Wars or express your own opinions about, or express comments related to my ranting! I apologize if there are grammar errors! I can't pick all of them out ya know! Sleepy

Okay first things first, I'll just say it plain and clear, I am a prequel fan. I do NOT like the classic Star Wars from the 70's and 80's, nor do I like the new ones in present day. Star Wars "fans" don't know how hard it really is being a prequel lover. They diss the movies, hate the characters, the games, and its pure soul. While I appreciate everything about them. I loved all the prequel movies (though Episode I was a bit iffy at times, but hey who doesn't like Darth Maul?) Episode III being my favorite. The times of the Clone Wars simply, in my opinion, outmatch the over driven/rated original trilogy, and I well tell you why.

The New Star Wars Movies

We've been blowing up the death star for more than 40 years! How much can you possibly blow up that thing? In Episode 7 we blew up the Death Star Jr. (Starkiller except bigger and "better" well if it's better why did it get destroyed again?)and the same premises in the original trilogy appear in the new Star Wars. Well I'm sick of Star Wars! Empire this, Rebels that. People drool over Episode 7 when it's just Episode 4 all over again! OOOO look, Kylo Ren in Han Solo's son! There's that family relation again *cough* Luke and Vader *cough*. Oooh we're gonna take the X-wings and change the red stripes to blue! They're completely different now! Let's change the Empire's name to the First Order! Now they're different! Hooray we have something new that will surely lure new fans. And the sad thing is, it worked. Fans are blinded by their "Star Wars nostalgia glasses" and do not pay close attention to the actual STORY of Episode 7.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Everything is just a copy from Episode 4. Knock, knock, Earth to Star Wars fans, isn't Jakku just Tatooine? DUH!

They just claim it's good because it's Star Wars, and you can't possibly hate these new movies more than the Prequels! That's pure bull crap right there! Just hearing the same dead lines "Han Shot first" or "I've got a bad feeling about this" or "I am you.....[family relation] bugs the living crud outta me! Just hearing of all the new star wars games based on the classics of the new movies all about Han's past and Episode 8, 9 , 10 makes me cringe!

The Prequels

Now getting onto the other side of Star Wars I ACTUALLY like.....

People highly HIGHLY over look the prequels as pieces of JUNK. As with Episode 7, if one would pay attention to their true story and ignore the "flaws", one would see that they're no all bad; and definitely not AS BAD as Episode 7. (Anakin may have been whiny, but Kylo Ren far surpasses him for whinyness!).
In my opinion the Clone Wars Era is the the most imaginative part of Star Wars. You have super awesome characters that are wholesomely unique! General Grievous, a cyborg standing 7ft 1in tall who wields 4 lightsabors and is general of the CIS, Count Dooku a deseiveous little beast who's tougher than he looks, Jango Fett a Bad*censored* bounty hunter who really outshines his over rated son (Jango killed 6 Jedi with his BARE hands, can Boba do that? I don't think so.. All Boba did was shoot once in a scene and got killed by a blind man). There are far more unique characters than those! Why do people over look them? They're seriously awesome.

With all theses characters comes diverse vehicles and soldiers. Haven't you noticed that the Clone Troopers have all different colored armor and deigns? All storm troopers looked the same. Or the CIS with their driods. They were different colors as well and had different designs like the menacing Droidika! Speaking of Clone Troopers let's touch on that a little bit.

Clone Troopers vs Storm Troopers

This has been a long controversy, and just to put it simply the Clone Troopers far surpass their ancestors. Throughout the classics, let's face it, the Storm Troppers can't hit S**t! (Pardon moi francais!) But it's true. Not to mention their supposedly "Laser proof armor" didn't do anything to protect them. They got killed and mauled by the Ewoks sticks and stones....... Seriously? Sticks and stones kill these soldiers of the All mighty Empire? BAH!

Where as the Clone Troopers got missions done, were superbly skilled, and fought their guts out! They could actually kill! The 501st legion of the Galactic Republic wiped out an ENTIRE Jedi Order!! The Storm Troopers couldn't even kill a small Teddy Bear! Storm troopers are fierce? Yeah Right...

More about the Clone Wars

The prequels have just been so BEATEN and punished by Star Wars fans and even Disney who refuses to expand upon them or even TOUCH them. This has always got me so furious! Come on, just because "The Prequels were a failure" doesn't mean it doesn't have a fan base! I just love everything about the Clone Wars. The CIS vs the Republic, General Grievous, The epic Battle Over Coruscant. EVERYTHING! The battles in the Clone Wars were so MUCH MUCH more realistic and intense. People claim the Galactic Era had the best battles..... Umm no. In the original trilogy the battles only took place on 4 PLANETS. Just 4. Yavin 4, Tatooine, Hoth, and Bespin. The Galactic Civil War took place on those. Where as in the Clone Wars, it was GALAXY WIDE! I'm talking about Geonosis, Rhenvar, Kamino, Coroscant, Polis Massa, Kashyyyk, Naboo, Tatooine, Mustafar, Mygeeto, on and on and on. Look at all of those different worlds!

People who didn't pay attention to the Clone Wars likely claim that the Empire made the Death Star. WELL the didn't. In Episode II the CIS actually came up with the DESIGN and the concept of the Death Star! Yep that's right, NOT the Empire.

UserPostedImage

Furthermore, the Clone Wars era features a whole lot more content than the Galactic. Like I have been listing they have more unique armies, unites, vehicles, planets, etc. I could just go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON!

I'm just going to make this more brief and post more on this later! Cuz, I'm tired of typing. I'll talk about Star Wars games next!

Thus I will end it with, the CLONE WARS ARE JUST PLAIN AWESOME! LOL

Comments?

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 4:15:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
thanks 1 user thanked zero hour mad map maker for this useful post.
Gameanater on 6/11/2017(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 3:39:44 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
It's all very well saying VII is a re-hash, but, if you go deep into the lore and the new expanded universe there's actually a lot more to episode 7. The originals weren't great, neither were the prequels. They're just a tiny fraction of the star wars universe (and we owe all that greatness to the 'core' story set up in the film trilogies). The biggest problem I have with the 'new' star wars is removal of the old EU (especially the TOR era (nice to see elements of it being brought back in rebels)).
#3 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 4:17:51 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Oh yeah! The whole situation with the removal of the EU got me RAWR too! Whilst I see that there may be more to Episode 7 they still need to differentiate from the original trilogy and add a more unique plot. I do respect the original trilogy in the fact that, yes, without them the prequel would NOT exist. So I credit them for that Wink

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 4:42:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 12:14:21 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

If EA would do this they would be smart. But, knowing them, they won't and we'll never get a prequel star wars game for a loooong time....

Edited by user Monday, January 16, 2017 12:15:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 12:18:32 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
At this point, Disney haven't changed the prequel era (except some minor things near the end of the clone wars). You can just play the original battlefront games.
#6 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 12:34:32 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Of course I play the original battlefronts. You can't beat those!
Offline Gameanater  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 4:31:18 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
We seem to be at two opposite ends of the spectrum of Star Wars fans, you and I. XD

I personally love the Original Trilogy, and although I'm not a big fan of the prequels I don't think they're awful like people say they are (with two exceptions: Jar Jar Binks, and the majority of Episode 2). Episode 3 by default is the best of the prequels for me simply because a lot more stuff actually happens. Aside from still having the ocassional utterly cringe-worthy dialogue and again using midi-chlorians, I quite like Episode 3. Episode 2 is bleh, and Episode 1 is alright but unnecessarily SLOOOOWWWW and gets way to boring with the political nonsense. And midi-chlorians-- why? The Force does not need to be scientific and midi-chlorians feel like they go against what was presented in the Original Trilogy. Duel of the Fates though, while Darth Maul should have survived to Episode 2 and there's not really a personal conflict like there is in the other lightsaber duels, it's still a pretty entertaining fight and I like it.

Also, again, about the midi-chlorians...

The Original Trilogy is far from perfect but they're all still classics and one way or another, we have them to thank for giving birth to a great franchise filled with compelling characters and great stories. A New Hope is good, but it has it's fair share of Early Installment Weirdness and of course it's got other issues. Still a good time though, especially with the Death Star Battle.

The Empire Strikes Back is easily my favorite of the Star Wars films. Perfect movie? Nah. One heck of a good time though and the story is simple yet great. Ironically, George Lucas had the least involvement in this one. Maybe that was good thing...

Return of the Jedi... Eh, it's definitely good fun but misses a lot of potential for the final chapter of the OT. Boba Fett gets thrown away easily, the Ewoks are tolerable but feel out of place (but they're certainly better than Jar Jar Binks), the Death Star II for some reason still has the same weakness of the first, Luke and Leia being siblings feels like a plot twist for the sake of a plot twist, and I don't get why Luke is suddenly going to turn to the Dark Side if he kills the Emperor.
But it wraps up the OT well and it's still fun.

The Force Awakens is FAR from perfect, but I think it's still one heck of a joyride and feels way more like Star Wars than any of the prequels ever did -- even Episode 3 as much as I like that one. I admit I didn't like rehashing a lot of A New Hope, or the Planetkiller still having the one-shot weakness the Death Stars had, but....

The characters are genuinely great and compelling. Finn and Po are fantastic, and Han Solo is easily the best part of the movie and Harrison Ford does a fantastic performance. Kylo Ren, despite the kind of silly anger issues I got that he desperately wants to be like Darth Vader but is constantly struggling with feeling pulled to the Light Side of the Force. I think he's basically a better Anakin Skywalker than Anakin Skywalker. XD

The action is a joyride as well. All of it done extremely well, and the lightsaber fight with Kylo and Rey is all the way up there with both Luke vs Vaders, Duel of Fates, and Anakin vs Obi-Wan. It's fluid, intense, and a great middle-ground between the fairly slow yet strong Luke vs Vader's and the balls-to-the-wall-super-fun craziness of Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

I agree TFA has huge issues though. For me the biggest one is that it very much feels like as close as one can get to remaking A New Hope without straight-up remaking A New Hope. Rey is a bit too whiny early on (though I suppose understandably so given her backstory), much like Luke in ANH and Anakin in Episode 2. Kylo's anger control issues come off a bit sillier than intended, Han and Leia feel like they prettymuch reset after ROTJ, and finally... They killed Han Solo! Ashamed

But I think TFA is still a very good movie and a joyride one way or another, with some utterly fantastic Star Wars action scenes, and strong compelling characters.

Rogue One is awesome. (Spoilers) The first half has a lot of issues, but still has a few really good parts, especially K2-SO. The movie absolutely hits it's stride once everyone is together and they make the decision to steal the Death Star Plans. The characters feel like they've bonded together, and the action that follows is freaking fantastic, yet you also get put through a feels trip once you realize this movie is not afraid to kill it's new characters. And of course.... Darth Vader completely steals the show with his intense, brutal, and nigh-perfect hallway scene. Easily the best moment in Star Wars for me.

Also...

Cool

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
thanks 1 user thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
zero hour mad map maker on 6/11/2017(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 4:51:06 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Further response -

Stormtrooper Aim

http://themetapicture.co...rmtroopers-miss-so-much/

As funny as Stormtrooper aim is, a closer watch of the OT actually destroys the notion that they can't aim. They do seem to have a much harder time hitting Han Solo when our heroes escape Tatooine, though, and there's nothing to explain away that one.

In ANH's opening, the Stormtroopers quite handily take out and capture all the Rebels and don't seem to have much trouble. Once we get to the Death Star, though, this is where they seem to take a huge nosedive in incompetence. They lack basic problem-solving skills and seem unable to hit their targets one bit. Leia suspects the Empire is tracking the Millenium Falcon and let our heroes escape, and in the very next scene Grand Moff confirms that for the audience.

So in A New Hope, the troopers were under orders to let them escape but probably also make it convincing. So the the majority of the Stormtroopers, or at the very least the most fanatical ones, were intentionally missing and acting incompetent.

In Empire Strikes Back, we don't see much Stormtrooper action as far as I can recall. But on Hoth, the troops seem to have no trouble overunning the rebel base. When it comes to fighting Luke, I don't recall it being explicitly stated but I think they were also prettymuch ordered to bait Luke around into a confrontation with Darth Vader, where he could attempt to convert him to the Dark Side after defeating him.

In ROTJ... Well, at least one of the troopers has no issue shooting RD-D2 and Leia. And as much as I agree the Ewoks are kind ROTJ's biggest problem, they DID manage to take the main heroes I suppose.
I agree though, the Ewoks don't make much sense.

I will agree the Clone Troopers are done pretty well, and I don't have much bad to say about them.

Stormtrooper Armor

To be honest you're actually pretty correct on that, though I'll note that I don't think the Clone Troopers had it any better to my memory (unless it's in Clone Wars, which I've seen very little of). In all the movies we haven't seen Stormtrooper Armor actually do a darned thing to protect anybody from getting one-shotted. This gets even worse in ROTJ where it can't protect against Ewok's slingshots and it reaches its peak in Rogue One where we learn it can't even protect against a simple (yet admitting very fun) stick-fight. The only possible thing I can think of is that the armor can protect from getting killed in most circumstances, but the impact of the blaster bolt knocks out the trooper anyway. But even that doesn't explain the ridiculousness of ROTJ and Rogue One.

But the simplest explanation for these two oddities is simple; they're movies. It'd sure be a lot less fun if the Stormtroopers were all NAVY Seals-level and killed all of the heroes no problem. *Shrug* In any case they do make fun talking points. XD
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
thanks 1 user thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
zero hour mad map maker on 6/11/2017(UTC)
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 8:39:14 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Wow. What a response lol. Yess yesss, quite different views, but I'm happy that the Clone Wars are at least making a big appearance in Star Wars Battlefront 2017. xD

Oh, thanks for sharing btw. You made your argument much less rude than mine LOL!
thanks 1 user thanked zero hour mad map maker for this useful post.
Gameanater on 6/11/2017(UTC)
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:23:23 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
"Hello there" I as well liked the prequels. As they felt like the good middle ground. Not older ones but not the newer ones. Now that not to say the prequelprequels were the best they felt really rushed to me they seemed to fly by(pardon my pun) and skipped parts that I would've like to see. 2-3 boom General grevious 4 armed badarse 5mins later dead.... jango got a little back story at least then he ordered his decap coffee and chilled. Leaving his son a lovely father son "bonding" moment.

Now the older ones were good. Did the same thing as the prequels not enough story to keep me really into it. Didn't Disney make bobos survival cannon now? If so then at least he lived right??? The ending was kinda meh "I'm the emperor mer I shoot friggin lightning, oh oh no I've been picked up and thrown off a balcony into a core of some sort..." end

Later I've got a story to tell you its a very good one ;).

Now... to the new one.. I'll wait to fully judge it till around after 8 but yes watching the new one kinda felt like I was a bit insane. Watching the same thing over expecting something different to happen. But ended up looking a lot like 4. Han playing obi Juan ;) and dieing.

Haven't watched rouge one but I hear its a bit dusty cough cough.
Star dusty....

Never really watched the animated versions much as I haven't gotten around to it.

Games why's battle front 1-2 loved new battlefront looked pretty but didn't compare.. and now there is a second one. This is getting outta hand. What's worse it seems is its owned by ea we seen what happens when we let ea have things...

But to be honest I liked them all a lot and when they finally decided to stop producing movies/games of star wars I hope to not be around.

And most if my dislike is becuase they put it all into one thing crush out bits of story make it short and sweet make the $$$. Rinse and repeat..
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare
User is suspended until 1/15/2030 2:43:29 AM(UTC) Julien  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 10:52:18 AM(UTC)
Julien
Private

)))))