Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline matthewandnathan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:46:54 PM(UTC)
matthewandnathan
Private
Thailand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I want to make a dozer that has the same look of an american dozer, but has the code so it can create units as well as buildings, but has no command buttons by default so I can add different things to it based on what I want it to have based on the map that it is in.
I know you have to do map ini for this, but I have no experience with ini and the forums I lookes at were not much help.
Can someone show me how to do this and/or show me a tutorial for map ini?
"Overlord Moving."
Sponsor
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:22:29 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
well, this is how i would start; copy/paste the USA dozer code, and at the very top of the code where it says AmericaVehicleDozer, just change it to whatever you want. It will have its regular commandset, but this is irrelevant if it will be changed in the map inis.

Then make a button to build it, and add an entry into a factory/command center commandset for the button.

If you want more buttons than will fit in your dozer commandset, you'll have to make a upgrade for it to change commandsets. Look at the GLA worker to see how this works.

Also, i'm not exactly sure if the dozer is able to build units or not. If it can't build unit by default, you'll have to compare the code of a factory and the dozer to find out whats different.

As far as changing code via map inis, i'm not exactly sure how to do this. One of the other guys will hopefully reply to this topic and say how. There's probably tutorials/info out there explaining how to use map inis.
one soul at a time
Offline matthewandnathan  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:33:50 AM(UTC)
matthewandnathan
Private
Thailand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank You!
"Overlord Moving."