Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jezzwolf  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:42:26 PM(UTC)
Jezzwolf
Private
United States

I have build a map but did not set the Boundary and Impassable areas.
Now I do understand how to move the Boundary and Impassable areas.

I've figured out how to fix the spacing.
I just expanded the map so that the impassable areas expanded too.
But I have tiny little boundary boxes I can't get rid of.
So for whatever reason my computer wont grab them but my boyfriends will.

So now I can only see a horizontal sliver.

I think my problem is that my boundary is outside the Impassable line by a sliver. But I cant figure out how to move the bottom left of the boundary.

Edited by user Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:06:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Compacting

Sponsor
Offline Jezzwolf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:58:32 PM(UTC)
Jezzwolf
Private
United States

I've figured out how to fix the spacing but I have tiny little boundary boxes I can't get rid of
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:26:54 AM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Click on the line part of a little box, then press delete on the keyboard. If you click the dot on one of the corners it will only delete that dot.
one soul at a time
Offline Jezzwolf  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:48:57 AM(UTC)
Jezzwolf
Private
United States

I have my boundary and impassable lines outside the map. But I only see a small slit of the map... :(

I keep messing with it. So I might eventually fix it. Lol.
Offline Jezzwolf  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:00:56 AM(UTC)
Jezzwolf
Private
United States

I think my problem is that my boundary is outside the Impassable line by a sliver. But I cant figure out how to move the bottom left of the boundary.
Offline i^love^mixery  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:01:51 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
sry bud, i have bad news for you:

your map is.. ruined.

i have had this bug before and i was never able to fix it. maybe you have more luck...

always remember to make a backup file of your map before you start using the boundary or the resize tool.

if you upload your map then i can move all the objects to a new, empty map but you will have to recreate all the cliffs and textures.

but to answer your question:

the only possible way to move the bottom left point of the border is to use the resize tool (File -> Resize).

Edited by user Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:08:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:09:53 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jezzwolf Go to Quoted Post

This can usually be fixed by resizing the map selecting the opposite anchor location on the tool. For the time being, also setting the border at zero while you make changes might help. A few rounds of this and you should get the blue map boundary line where you what it so it covers the map you made. Then add the border-size back in using the center anchor square.

Once the map resizing is done, you can work on adjusting a active border (Orange) to match the map boundary line. Upload the map if you can't fix it. Maybe someone can fix it.
Offline thebunnybruce  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:29:01 PM(UTC)
thebunnybruce
Captain

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Those borders also gave me a super hard time! I had to remake my map because of it. Best to save you map before you play with borders. Up load your map let's have a look see.
I'm not as cute as I look!

I'm still learning!
Offline Jezzwolf  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:24:11 PM(UTC)
Jezzwolf
Private
United States

Thank you guys for all your help. As I asked questions I noticed other forums and I did the same as another guy and his son. I made a billion borders. I noticed when you "deleted" them they where still functional. So I had a bunch of hidden orange borders. But the AI worked properly so I was a step in the right direction. I ended up rebuilding the map. I think it came out better so not all was lost. :) Thank you again for the help!

Edit: I also re-sized the map a lot. In my case it did no good.

Edited by user Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:25:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:39:58 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jezzwolf Go to Quoted Post
Thank you guys for all your help. As I asked questions I noticed other forums and I did the same as another guy and his son. I made a billion borders. I noticed when you "deleted" them they where still functional. So I had a bunch of hidden orange borders. But the AI worked properly so I was a step in the right direction. I ended up rebuilding the map. I think it came out better so not all was lost. :) Thank you again for the help!

Edit: I also re-sized the map a lot. In my case it did no good.

Just the same, if you've still got that old version I'd like to have a look at it.
Offline Jezzwolf  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:51:40 PM(UTC)
Jezzwolf
Private
United States

How would I send you the map?
Offline Annihilationzh  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:24:10 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Upload it with the " Attach files to this post?" option. You may wish to put it in a zip file.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.