Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bloodycrozz  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2007 3:59:36 PM(UTC)
bloodycrozz
Private

atcualy what does the thig do?
osama bin laden rules!
Offline MicScoTho  
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:12:44 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I've released an updated version of the Map Manager (download here)!

New in Version 1.0.1
Code:
 - FEATURE: Added shortcut key for refresh (F5)
 - FEATURE: Removes associated TGA file from MapPreviews folder when deleting a map
 - BUG FIX: Malformed TGA files resulted in an error message.  Added functionality for removing maps with malformed mini-maps.
 - BUG FIX: Added support for an additional TGA file format

This should fix all of the bugs reported to me thus far. The manager now also removes each map's associated image in the MapPreviews folder when deleting the map, as requested.

For those of you with a problem with the Battle Complex Tournament map, Thomas Alan has updated it. A new version is available via cncmaps.com.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline randomperson  
#23 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2007 10:00:36 AM(UTC)
randomperson
Colonel

it was working fine an till I patched it... it now just gives me an error and must close box when I try to load it
UserPostedImage
Offline MicScoTho  
#24 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2007 12:07:16 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Could you please post, PM, or email me the error message?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline SumpinWong  
#25 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2007 6:24:19 PM(UTC)
SumpinWong
Private

Someone posted this earlier, and I didn't see a reply... but I'm experiencing the exact same sceanrio.

Chunga wrote:
I'm really excited by your program, but I can't get it to work. I already have .net 3.0 installed so I just installed your program. It launches, but when I try to import a .zip, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
I too have NetFrameworks 3.0, but I also have versions 1.1 (with hotfix) and version 2.0

I have also tried to manually add the custom maps, and have run into an issue there aswell.
The info I found said I should add my custom maps to the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Sumpin\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Maps ... so that's where I put them.

The maps appear in the maps list in game, and they allow me to load the maps. Upon loading there are no textures.
Do these maps only work in multiplayer, or is something wrong with my shizz?

My computer is new and contains:
Intel Core2 Duo 6600e
Asus P5N-e SLi
xFx 8800 GTS 320mb
Western Digital 320g Sata 3.0
Thermaltake 750W PSU
SoundBlaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer
(Video settings are set to Ultra-High, and I also tried High)

This is what I see when I load it up (in Skirmish)
http://i42.photobucket.c...315/SumpinWong/CNC3-.jpg

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2007 6:34:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I'm sweating like a lesbian eattin a hotdog!"
Offline MicScoTho  
#26 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2007 6:55:36 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Wow, that's very interesting. The map might be missing it's mini-map file... not sure what else. Can you tell me where I can find the map that's causing this problem?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline SumpinWong  
#27 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2007 7:06:51 PM(UTC)
SumpinWong
Private

I'm pretty sure this is the site I got them from:
http://www.cncmaps.com/cnc3maps.html
Offline randomperson  
#28 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2007 11:19:35 PM(UTC)
randomperson
Colonel

dose this help?
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : ccmapmanager.exe P2 : 1.0.1.0 P3 : 4643839d
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4333ab80 P7 : 334b P8 : d
P9 : system.argumentnullexception
UserPostedImage
Offline MicScoTho  
#29 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2007 5:54:37 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

SumpinWong wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is the site I got them from:
http://www.cncmaps.com/cnc3maps.html
Is there a specific map that is causing the problem that I can look at? Such as the one you provided the screenshot for?

randomperson wrote:

dose this help?
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : ccmapmanager.exe P2 : 1.0.1.0 P3 : 4643839d
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4333ab80 P7 : 334b P8 : d
P9 : system.argumentnullexception
Unfortunately that doesn't really help me except to show me that you do have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed and that you are running Map Manager v1.0.1 and that an "ArgumentNullException" occurred. Is there an error message that appears in a dialog box when you start the program?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline SumpinWong  
#30 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:05:32 AM(UTC)
SumpinWong
Private

Sorry, I should have listed a specific map for ya.
One of them that gave me issues was [ii]Tournament Park
Offline MicScoTho  
#31 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2007 1:28:59 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

SumpinWong wrote:

Sorry, I should have listed a specific map for ya.
One of them that gave me issues was [ii]Tournament Park
Alright, well, that map works fine for me, it imports into the manager fine and it plays fine in-game. I'll try to look into why importing doesn't do anything for you, but it's hard to without knowing more.

Actually, here are a few more questions you (and Chunga) can answer to help me narrow down the problem:
1. Do you have the English version of C&C 3 installed?
2. Are you running Windows XP or Windows Vista?
3. Is your Windows user account a "standard" user or an Administrator?
4. Does the C&C 3 Maps folder exist at the correct location? (See here)

@ randomperson: please answer these questions as well if you don't mind - along with telling me the full error message that appears when you start the program, if any.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline SumpinWong  
#32 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:27:40 AM(UTC)
SumpinWong
Private

Quote:
Alright, well, that map works fine for me, it imports into the manager fine and it plays fine in-game. I'll try to look into why importing doesn't do anything for you, but it's hard to without knowing more.

Actually, here are a few more questions you (and Chunga) can answer to help me narrow down the problem:
1. Do you have the English version of C&C 3 installed?
2. Are you running Windows XP or Windows Vista?
3. Is your Windows user account a "standard" user or an Administrator?
4. Does the C&C 3 Maps folder exist at the correct location? (<a href="http://www.cncgeneralsworld.com/cnc3/faq.aspx#InstallingCustomMaps">See here</a>)

@ randomperson: please answer these questions as well if you don't mind - along with telling me the full error message that appears when you start the program, if any.

1. Yes, English version with current updates
2. Windows XP Professionsl w SP2 (ie7)
3. Admin account (no other accounts on my PC)
4. Yes. The "Maps" folder was placed there at install ( I didn't need to do it manually)

I don't get any error messages whatsoever. I get nothing.
When I click Import and select a map, I get absolutely nothing. No error messages, no progress bars.. not a thing.
Offline Phe0n1x  
#33 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2007 10:06:11 AM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
NOTE: any file compressed with WinRAR WILL NOT be added to the maps folder, it uses a slightly different .zip compression format :/
UserPostedImage
Offline MicScoTho  
#34 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:39:09 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Phe0n1x wrote:

NOTE: any file compressed with WinRAR WILL NOT be added to the maps folder, it uses a slightly different .zip compression format :/
Actually, I think I fixed that error prior to the v1.0 release. If you'd like to verify that though, that'd be good.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your step, SumpinWong. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's causing this, but I'll continue to investigate.

Another question for you though. When you install maps manually and they appear in-game, do they appear within the Map manager? In turn, when you install a map through the Map Manager (and it "does nothing"), does it appear in-game anyway? Perhaps the program correctly installs the maps but doesn't recognize and display maps that are installed as it should.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline SumpinWong  
#35 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:04:28 PM(UTC)
SumpinWong
Private

Maps that I have installed manually into the Map folder do not appear in the Map Manager either.
When I tried to install a map via the Map Manager, they don't install to the Maps folder.

Pheonix:
I converted all the .Rar files to .zip (uncompressed with WinRar, and re-Zipped) .. it didn't help either, but I appreciate the help Smile
Offline MicScoTho  
#36 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:12:26 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Just noticed this...
Quote:
I have also tried to manually add the custom maps, and have run into an issue there aswell.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sumpin\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Maps ... so that's where I put them.
The Tiberium Wars maps folder isn't actually in My Documents. It's in the Application Data Folder -- please see here. My guess is maybe this will help solve your problem with maps not loading correctly in-game.

I've got one more thing for you to try. Please go to Start, Run, and in the dialog that appears type "%AppData%" and hit OK. What is the full path of the folder that this opens in Windows Explorer?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline SumpinWong  
#37 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:18:28 PM(UTC)
SumpinWong
Private

MicScoTho wrote:

Just noticed this...
Quote:
The Tiberium Wars maps folder isn't actually in My Documents.

Sorry MicScoTho, I copy/pasted the wrong folder name.
They are, and have always been in the following folder.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sumpin\Application Data\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Maps

I'm going to try uninstalling Net Frameworks 3.0 (or all of them), and see if that helps.

Thanks a bunch for your time and efforts!

Offline MicScoTho  
#38 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:56:59 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Alright, but you can still verify that Start, Run, "%AppData%" resolves to "C:\Documents and Settings\Sumpin\Application Data\"? Thanks.

Reason being is that after scouring my code, I have identified one potential cause for the problem you're getting. In the current version of the program, if the C&C 3 Maps folder does not exist (or doesn't exist at the location it expects), importing maps will fail silently, without error.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline SumpinWong  
#39 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2007 9:45:17 AM(UTC)
SumpinWong
Private

When I enter %AppData% in the Run.. I get the following

UserPostedImage
Offline MicScoTho  
#40 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2007 10:55:27 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Ok, I bet that's why it isn't working for you. Your AppData environment variable seems to be invalid for some reason (it has a quotation mark " at the start of the path). You should be able to resolve that by following these steps:

DISCLAIMER: These steps involve modifying the Windows Registry. If done improperly, this can cause programs or even Windows to not function. Microsoft recommends backing up the Windows Registry before making any changes to it. If you follow these steps exactly, you should be fine, but I don't make any warranties.

1) Click Run in the Start menu. Type in "regedit" and hit enter. and go to Properties.
2) In the Registry Editor, beneath My Computer, expand to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
3) Find the Value named AppData. Right click on AppData and hit Modify.
4) Correct the location of the path. It seems the value data currently has a quotation mark before the path - remove it. The value data should read simply: C:\Documents and Settings\Sumpin\Application Data\
5) Hit OK and close the Registry editor.

Then try entering in %AppData% in Run as before. If you receive the same error message, restart your computer and try again. Once you no longer receive the error message, try the Map Manager program.

Let me know if this works!
MicScoTho - Founder