Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jaytius  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:32:14 PM(UTC)
Jaytius
Commander in Chief
All Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Hi all, for those people having problems with creating, editing and animating infantry for the SAGE engine, I have created a tutorial with screen shots for extra assistance. I created it because on my journey for greater wisdom I only came across 2 tutorials both of which were not very helpful. All the main info on my tutorial is located on our homepage but I'll add it here anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted my Mike (MicScoTho)

I've just added a new modding tutorial written by All Stars staff member Jaymioz. The tutorial explains how to model and create infantry for the SAGE engine (used by games such as Generals and Zero Hour). Gmax, RenX, and a number of other modding tools are used by this very in-depth tutorial. The tutorial comes complete with screenshots for reference. If you've ever wondered how to create and animate new infantry for Generals, this is a must-read!

If you're interested, be sure to take a look at the Infantry Modelling and Animation tutorial!

Please spread the word (link) to this tutorial to other sites to help people who made need this tutorial.

Also if anyone would like me create another tutorial (model related - creating, skinning, animating etc.) I will take it into consideration.

Any questions or comments please post them here.

[EDIT: Moved to Tutorials forum -- CommieDog]

Edited by moderator Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:49:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline lolafacellcopter  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2006 4:55:26 AM(UTC)
lolafacellcopter
Private

the script for importing w3d's with menu doesnt work.. where is functioning script
Offline Jaytius  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2006 12:23:07 PM(UTC)
Jaytius
Commander in Chief
All Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

It does work fine, make sure that you've installed it, and altered the GUI inside *Max/RenX so that it appears.
Offline garek007  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:42:46 PM(UTC)
garek007
Private

Jay,

Your script was a great help and got me started very well. I've moved on to more involved animating. In other words, I'm redoing the ranger run (RNA) to make him run more like a real soldier. When I exported my animation, in the game, the gun appeared to keep bouncing between his hands and the ground. I'm sure it has something to do with the skin but I can't seem to see what. Can you help me with this? Have you experienced this?
Offline Blbpaws  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2007 5:42:04 PM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Jaymioz doesn't check the forums any more, so I'm not sure if the question will get answered. I have no experience with this, but that sounds like an issue with the bones of the model.
UserPostedImage
Offline renaissance  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2007 6:25:50 PM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Blbpaws may certainly be right, check to see that you haven't altered the bone's position between animation sequences.
UserPostedImage