Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2022 6:48:54 AM(UTC)
rey
Major

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
When USA powerplant is destroyed it spawns rangers, that's easy and can be added to any faction/structure. But is there some way to spawn "enemy unit" via destruction of building?

Like say, for example, player destroys China Barracks and few rangers under control of player get spawned from rubble. Or anybody destroys civilian structure on a map and angry mob appears, attacking anybody(any player/AI alike).

Would be grateful for any hints or maybe mentioning some mod that has similar mechanic.

Edited by user Thursday, October 13, 2022 1:18:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline Gameanater  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2022 7:32:09 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
You'd have to script it in Worldbuilder, there's no easy way to spawn an enemy unit from another unit that I am aware of. The GLA Salvage Crate system is the closest thing I could think of, but that requires a unit to have the SALVAGER KindOf.

Your best bet if this is a single-player mission to just script such events for buildings being destroyed. If it's a multiplayer map, good luck.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline rey  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2022 3:13:50 PM(UTC)
rey
Major

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
Your best bet if this is a single-player mission to just script such events for buildings being destroyed. If it's a multiplayer map, good luck.
For pity no, it's not about scripted missions, but about modifying some structures code-wise.
May you provide little more hints about salvage crate mechanic being closest? I understand it's really not a simple task, just wonder at least what mechanic(chain of mechanics) can do that. Among most popular mods, i don't remember any to have smth similar, but maybe i can't see an analogy..

Edited by user Monday, October 17, 2022 3:16:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified