Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beng  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2021 3:58:28 AM(UTC)
beng
Captain

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
There is a bug in zero hour where sometimes a troop crawler or listening outpost belonging to an AI player will become invisible, or maybe it will die, but the infantry inside do not die and go around the map attacking the player. They have no drawn models and cannot be killed, you juet see the muzzleFX and noise from their weapons as they attack your structures. I encounter it in a map I made to fight Infantry General, and also another on against Nuke General.

It is very annoying as there is nothing you can do against the invisible and invulnerable infantry. They cannot be targeted and cannot be damaged by radiusdamage weapons.

Anybody know what causes this and how to fix this?

-beng
Sponsor
Offline beng  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2021 5:59:37 PM(UTC)
beng
Captain

Update, I am not 100% certain but fixing the death modules may help, i fixed the death modules in Infantry general's infantry and it seems to stop the bug. What i did was to remove the NONE +CRUSHED +SPLATTED modules and subsume those under the main slowdeath behaviour (delete the -CRUSHED -SPLATTED from it), and make all the other slow deaths (POISONED etc) have a duration of 1 frame rather than zero (and make the OCL FINAL instead of INITIAL). This is because I suspect the bug was caused by the infantry not dying properly. I also removed the extra duplicate FXListDie modules from some objects.
Offline beng  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2021 5:26:45 AM(UTC)
beng
Captain

Update: Fixing the death modules did not stop the bug, it still happens. I suspect it may be due to max number of objects being exceeded. Perhaps it seems to happen with Infantry General because he makes a lot of infantry so there are too many objects?

Another possibility is that it is something to do with parachutes because I saw it happen when a troop crawler was parachuted to a reinforcement pad and it was killed before it landed - the infantry inside it became invisible and invulnerable and started shooting anything near them but from the position of the troop crawler that died in the air.
Offline beng  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2021 7:53:38 AM(UTC)
beng
Captain

Update: Another possibility is a conflict between the Red Guard Training Generals power / upgrade, and a script in the map that spawns reinforement teams but the team settings tries to assign them a veterancy like Heroic. I noticed that the reinforcement teams do not have this veterancy. After changing the team settings to just start them with normal veterancy, the bug seems to not appear.
Offline beng  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2021 1:12:28 PM(UTC)
beng
Captain

I am pretty sure that it was a bug caused by the red guard training and spawning of reinforcement teams that were set to be veteran, elite. Changing this setting in the teams in the map seems to have stopped the invisible and invulnerable infantry.