Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Darthkane  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 5:57:01 AM(UTC)
Darthkane
Private

Hello,
I am a fan of the CnC, I have all the games and I play in free time with computer mostly. I am not that technical, basic knowledge and know some IT info.
Currently I like to install the new maps and new mods for Generals Zero Hour. I did manage couple of years ago to install new maps which is to copy the download file into the Maps folder under the CnCZH in "Maps" folder in CnC ZH folder under documents, and it worked that time.

I tried that today, and I could not see the new Maps under the "Unofficial Maps" in the Map selection under Skirmish.

FYI: I have uninstalled the game and reformatted my system a year or so ago, and I installed the game again about two months ago (and of course that applies on Origin).

I like some assistance in the following:
how do I install the new maps so I can play them?
What is the difference between the Mods and Maps? how do I install the Mods and how can I play them?
How do I know what version of CnC ZH I have? I see there are two patches to download,

thanks all,

cheers,
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 9:43:35 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Darthkane Go to Quoted Post
how do I install the new maps so I can play them?

You've already answered your own question. You just need to figure out what went wrong this time.

What is the difference between the Mods and Maps? how do I install the Mods and how can I play them?

It depends on the mod. Major mods usually come with their own installers and launchers.

big files go in with the exe. INI files go in /Data/INI

How do I know what version of CnC ZH I have?

Either you have an old copy of the game and it won't be updated at all - or it'll be fully updated.

The easiest way to tell is to build an alpha aurora as superweapon general. I don't know if there's any file that tells you the game version but in one of the updates the alpha aurora got a new skin. So if it looks like a regular aurora then you have an old game version.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.