Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Asotil  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 1:26:48 AM(UTC)
Asotil
Private

Hello!

I have the ultimate collection on Origin and wantetd to play Forgotten. I got Tiberium Essence to work like a charm with no problems and did the same procedure for adding on the Forgotten (with Essence removed), it start, the Forgotten music and logo plays, the maps are there, the campaign and Forgotten faction work in there, but they do not shows up in skirmish. I have played these games and mods since they were new, but becuase of win 10 it was more stabile on Origin.

Added the Forgotten modsfiles in TW folder, added the BIG.files in core 1.9 and added them in the config.file. Just like on Tiberium Essence.

Anyone got any clues??

Thanks and best regards.
Sponsor
Offline CommieDog  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 3:44:17 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
That's an odd way of installing a mod (though I've never used Origin, so I don't know if it forces you to do that). If I had to guess what the problem is, it's that the Misc BIG files (specifically, playertemplate.ini) are either not being included or they're being overridden by the default playertemplate.ini file.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
thanks 1 user thanked CommieDog for this useful post.
Asotil on 5/31/2020(UTC)
Offline Asotil  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:03:17 PM(UTC)
Asotil
Private

A very odd way indeed, but its the only way that i know works in origin. I have the CD ofc and there the mod works fine, but i find the version on origin more stable on Win10. Tried some more, but still wont work
Offline CommieDog  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 1:47:05 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
You may want to look into getting C&C 3's launcher working on your Origin version. That would let you have both stability and convenience, plus you could have other mods installed alongside The Forgotten.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you