Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline UTD^Force  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 4:49:02 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Hey guys, I am a Muslim and I would like to hear your questions.

EDIT:
Check these:

Edited by user Thursday, April 21, 2022 9:00:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Sponsor
Offline UTD^Force  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 7:43:18 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

And please, check this before posting:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVKUKb3jd0E
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline SUPER-G  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 11:38:35 AM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
So I've got a question.

You say Islam does not oppress women, so are there things that they get to do exclusively? Are there things that men are not allowed to do or have to do as a responsibility?
Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Offline UTD^Force  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 1:05:46 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: SUPER-G Go to Quoted Post
So I've got a question.

You say Islam does not oppress women, so are there things that they get to do exclusively? Are there things that men are not allowed to do or have to do as a responsibility?

There things that men have to do, while women don't have to do at all.
As example, in Islam, the woman doesn't have to do pay anything on anything in her house, such as furniture or even the children's school outlay. She doesn't have to, but she CAN, according to her will.
While the man has to be responsible of all that.
Quote:
Muslim women have the right to accept or refuse marriage proposals as they see fit, and married women are completely free from the obligation of supporting and maintaining the family. Working married women are free to contribute to the household expenses, or not, as they see fit. Women have the right to seek divorce if it becomes necessary.

The religion of Islam demands that women be treated with respect, honour, and justice. It condemns oppression of any kind. In Islam, women, like men, are commanded to believe in God and to worship Him. Women are equal to men in terms of reward in the Hereafter.
Quote:
“And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of God, such will enter paradise; and not the least injustice, even to the size of a speck on the back of a date stone, will be done to them.” (Quran 4:124)

Quote:
“O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the bridal money you have given them. And live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and God brings a great deal of good through it.” (Quran 4:19)

Women in Islam have the right to own property, to control their own money to buy and sell, and to give gifts and charity. It is not permissible for anyone to take a woman’s wealth without her consent. Islam gave women formal rights of inheritance. Women in Islam have the right to an education; seeking and acquiring knowledge is an obligation on all Muslims, male or female.

The religion of Islam declares that women are worthy human beings deserving of respect, and the right to be free from oppression. Women have the right to a decent life, without facing aggression or abuse of any kind. They have the right to pursue a life that is pleasing to them within Islamic boundaries. Nobody has the right to force women to be less than they want to be. The true teachings of Islam, declare that women should be held in a position of high regard.
Quote:
Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, said, “None but a noble man treats women in an honourable manner. And none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully."

Edited by user Monday, August 22, 2022 12:40:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline Gameanater  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 9:26:02 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Well, since we're on the subject of women in Islam, I've heard that in Islam or Islamic countries, a woman's testimony in court is considered half of that of a man. Do you believe that to be wrong according to the Qur'an and Hadith?
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline UTD^Force  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 5:01:47 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

This reply is to be edited soon, if Allah wills.
4/22/2022

Edited by user Thursday, April 21, 2022 9:12:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
GeneralWolf  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 11:49:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can you debunk some common myths about Islam? Such as pretty much anything involving ISIS or what the media says the religion about vs what the religion is REALLY about? Please?
Offline Gameanater  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2016 8:32:36 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
General Wolfeh wrote:
Can you debunk some common myths about Islam? Such as pretty much anything involving ISIS or what the media says the religion about vs what the religion is really about?

Most of what the media will tell you is that Islam is a religion of peace, if that's what you meant.

Anyways, regarding my question -

A UTD^Force to be reckoned with wrote:
Qur'an says: Women may forget, therefore they should be given helpers in testimony.

Men make mistakes in life a lot too, though. What about helpers for them if they want?

UTD^ wrote:
Quote:
Generally, this psychological state is seen in women more often. It is just natural that they cannot retain events in their memories long.

Just wondering, where did you get this quote from?

UTD^ wrote:
By accepting two women's testimonies are equal to that of one man, and thus not burdening the woman with the responsibility as much as that of the man in the matter of witnessing, Islam does not harm her right, on the contrary, protects it and prevents her from sinning. This is because bearing witness is a tough duty that brings about great responsibilities.

Islam protects woman from great sins and prevents her from committing such a sin as wrongful testimony, by way of deception by some weaknesses of hers through acting emotionally. Islam has taken precautions against it by appointing a helping woman beside her. Just for this reason, in some testimonial matters, two women replace one man

Men and women are both vulnerable to acting emotionally, though, some more than others.

Thank you for your answer, I will say that I do understand the reasoning of appointing two women in the place of one man, etc, and the aspect of protecting them from sinning in that way.

I still have a couple questions, though. First, I read somewhere that according to Sharia law, if a woman wants to prove that she was rap.,ed, then there must be four male witnesses to corroborate her account, otherwise she could be punished for adu.-tery. Is that correct?

EDIT: Sorry for censoring a couple words with .,'s. The internet filter I'm stuck with on my computer can be very sensitive and I don't want to get a page blocked because of my own reply to something. :/

Edited by user Sunday, January 3, 2016 8:47:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason:

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:47:52 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GeneralWolf Go to Quoted Post
Can you debunk some common myths about Islam? Such as pretty much anything involving ISIS or what the media says the religion about vs what the religion is REALLY about? Please?

I think this article is a pretty clear statement of what real Muslims are like. The FBI sent a fake terrorist into a Mosque and the worshippers reported him to the FBI.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 9/3/2016(UTC)
Offline UTD^Force  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:52:52 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Replying to GeneralWolf, as she suggested these subjects to talk about.
- "Islam is a violent and bad religion."
- A slightly more detailed version why ISIS isn't Islamic

Both of these are explained in this video:

-"Arabic and Muslim mean the same thing!"
Wrong, Arabs can be Jews, Christians, Muslims or anything else.
Also, Muslims can be Arabs, Americans, British or anything else.

-Ramadan and how that works.
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim calendar. Each day during this month, Muslims all over the world abstain from eating, drinking, smoking, as well as participating in anything that is ill-natured or excessive; from dawn until the sunset.
Fasting is one of the Five Pillars of the Islam religion, and one of the main types of Islamic worship.
And there are also many benefits of fasting in Ramadan.

Extra info at: http://www.whatisramadan.com/
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
GeneralWolf  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:00:15 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you!
Offline CommieDog  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 4:46:26 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I know this may be a bit late, but here goes.

UTD^Force, what's your take on the difference between Sunni and Shia Islam? There seems to be a lot of bad blood between the two groups, at least right now with the war against Islamic State in Syria and Iraq and the grand rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline UTD^Force  
#13 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 10:14:12 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: CommieDog Go to Quoted Post
I know this may be a bit late, but here goes.

UTD^Force, what's your take on the difference between Sunni and Shia Islam? There seems to be a lot of bad blood between the two groups, at least right now with the war against Islamic State in Syria and Iraq and the grand rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Hey there! I was just checking the site, I check it every month now. And I saw your post.
That is a very important question.

-this part has been removed and answered in the following pages-

If you have any more questions, ask them please! I will answer them of course, it's never gonna be too late, it's ok for me :D

Oh, can you check this?

Edited by user Saturday, April 11, 2020 4:09:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline UTD^Force  
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 6:18:24 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Hey there!
It surely has been a while since I've posted something here.

I really hope that you take time to watch these videos. There are many subjects included in the first one.
The second link is about the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
And if you want to know something about Islam, the easiest way to know is by reading the Holy Qur'an. reading Prophet Muhammad's Sirah, peace be upon him.

And thank you ;) <3

Edited by user Thursday, April 21, 2022 9:14:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 11:26:24 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I know this may be a weak and simple question, but don't all Muslims partake in Ramadan? If so isn't it quite hard on your health? You know how doctors say never to skip meals.
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline UTD^Force  
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 12:07:32 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: Zero Hour Mad Map Maker Go to Quoted Post
I know this may be a weak and simple question, but don't all Muslims partake in Ramadan? If so isn't it quite hard on your health? You know how doctors say never to skip meals.

For me, it isn't hard to fast the whole month, maybe the first two or three days are a bit difficult but then you just get used to it.
And I don't eat much at Iftar, just a glass of water, a date and some soup :) Then I go to pray and go back to the table to eat almost half of what I usually eat.

There are other times that we fast, but fasting in these days isn't obligatory.
However, people who can't fast in Ramadan such as (sick) can just give charity or food or fast the number of days that they couldn't fast during Ramadan in another time (when they aren't sick anymore).

The fasting of Ramadan helps me control my strongest desires like starvation and thirst, it is like practice to control myself in the face of my desires or sins. I will also feel the people who don't have food or water.
It is also what Allah commanded us to do.
Quote:
O believers! Fasting is prescribed for you—as it was for those before you—so perhaps you will become mindful ˹of Allah˺.

The holy Quran, Surah Al-Baqarah 2:183
Thank you.

Edited by user Thursday, April 21, 2022 9:20:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 4:33:09 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Huh, how interesting! So you HAVE to fast in order to follow the Qur'an right? For those who can't fast wouldn't they be against/violate their religion? If that makes sense....
Offline klingondragon  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 7:21:06 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I was under the impression that, while many do fast during Ramadan, it isn't mandatory, and that the actual point was to not indulge rather than not eat. Surely no God would command all their followers to starve.
Offline UTD^Force  
#19 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 7:29:57 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: Zero Hour Mad Map Maker Go to Quoted Post
Huh, how interesting! So you HAVE to fast in order to follow the Qur'an right? For those who can't fast wouldn't they be against/violate their religion? If that makes sense....

For those who CAN fast and do not, not for those who can't.

Quote:

I was under the impression that, while many do fast during Ramadan, it isn't mandatory, and that the actual point was to not indulge rather than not eat. Surely no God would command all their followers to starve.

It is obligatory to fast during Ramadan.
Thumb Up

Edited by user Friday, November 18, 2016 7:42:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
#20 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 12:07:34 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

UTD^Force you live in Jordan correct? So what's your stance/input on the situation going on currently about the three United States soldiers being killed? And was the region of which you live near the shooting?

(in case an article for Reference)

Edited by user Friday, November 18, 2016 12:10:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified