Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wolfa  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 12:33:29 PM(UTC)
Wolfa
Private

Hi, I have been reading here and there about people asking and speaking about playing TRA online, in most cases it seems to me everyone who do play TRA online knows someone else who also has TRA, like online friends, is this the only way to play online, by knowing somebody specifically? I have been through some of the lobbies online, like casual 01 etc, and custom maps 01 etc... Asking who has TRA, either nobody has it or nobody replies lol. Is there a dedicated lobby you guys go to where most TRA players hang out at? If not, then how can I find online games for TRA to play?

Any suggestions or solutions would be helpful!

Edited by user Sunday, October 16, 2011 12:40:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I want to say one word to you, just one.... Red Alert!
Sponsor
Offline Johnny1984  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:49:53 AM(UTC)
Johnny1984
Private

Hi Wolfa,

I don't know if you know a software called Hamachi. This enables playing a game via internet as it was a LAN game. I haven't tested it yet with RA3 / TRA. You need to register your email adress or something like that, but it's completely free. Here's a website in English language where you can download it. The download button is on the right upper side: http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/. This can be used without registering at gamespy.

Maybe one day we both can play online together, if you want to.

Hope I could help you a bit.

Best regards,

Johnny1984
Offline cgf123`  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 5:24:33 AM(UTC)
cgf123`
Captain

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
ive got a few buddies whom i play with.. but we keep in touch via steam/skype, so if you got any of those you could join us
'The Red Alert' mod with more refined balancing+bugfixes:
Check it out!
Offline Johnny1984  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:33:25 AM(UTC)
Johnny1984
Private

I don't know how to use TRA on Steam. Does it work when I simply add the game to my library ?
Offline cgf123`  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:57:04 AM(UTC)
cgf123`
Captain

actually i dont use TRA on steam lol
Check it out!
Offline Johnny1984  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:09:39 AM(UTC)
Johnny1984
Private

How do you play TRA then via the internet ? Which software are you using? Or do you only play TRA+ ?

Edited by user Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:10:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cgf123`  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 11:53:50 AM(UTC)
cgf123`
Captain

i play online... just the same way you would play original ra3 online
Check it out!
Offline Wolfa  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:51:32 AM(UTC)
Wolfa
Private

Yes I do have Steam. And I'm aware playing TRA works just fine playing it as you would normally play RA3 online, the only problem I have is that I don't know anyone who also plays TRA. So unless there is a way to add friends on RA3 online (TRA etc), we would need to know each others user names on there and happen to be on there at the same time in the same lobby. Which is a long shot.

1 - So is it possible to add people on RA3 online if you know their nicknames?
2 - Would adding each other on Steam help? (I suppose it would increase our chances of spotting each other online at the same time.
3 - I know about Hamachi, normally you use it to "force" a LAN play over the internet, but I see no point in this since TRA works fine online without extra help. However if it makes adding friends easier, it could be valuable. (note I obviously have not used Hamachi for years so I cannot remember what it's functions includes)
4 - What other online games do you guys play which would make spotting each other online easier? Like R.U.S.E, StarCraft 2, or Company of Heroes?

As you can see I am very keen on playing TRA online, after a while the AI becomes too predictable, which would make me easy prey online I suppose for getting too relaxed in my strategies lol

So what can I give you guys, in the sense of email address or user names, so we can add each other.
I want to say one word to you, just one.... Red Alert!
Offline cgf123`  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:42:50 AM(UTC)
cgf123`
Captain

im cgf123 on steam - you can add me there
Check it out!