Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline queymaster  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:16:34 AM(UTC)
queymaster
Private

Beware!!! I might be wrong but this new advanced AI mod messed up my computer with a trojan. My antivirus didn't detect it but A squared did find it in WIN System 32. When I deleted the downloaded file with an incinerator my computer worked better and was finally able to get on line again but it still seems to want to hang on in WIN SYS 32. I'm probably going to have to re-format to get rid of it. Most annoying. Again I could be wrong but I highly doubt it.

Edited by moderator Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:17:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Subject misleading

Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:23:59 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
It contains nothing of the sort. If you did get a trojan, you didn't get it from that.

The VirusTotal scan:

http://www.virustotal.co...625703967d26a-1266081879

You are the only person, out of 4000+ people who have downloaded it, to say that it contains a virus.

Edited by user Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:27:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline queymaster  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:23:52 AM(UTC)
queymaster
Private

What a moron I am then, sorry. Thank you for posting this reply. Man I hate reformatting but some times we have to I guess. Some of these trojans are impossible for me to remove without reformatting. Was wondering if there are some remnants of these nasty things even after reformatting.
Offline MicScoTho  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:19:20 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
The Advanced AI Mod does not have a trojan. I edited the title of the topic to indicate this, since it was potentially misleading to other visitors.

But once you clean up your computer, I do hope you enjoy the mod queymaster.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline Stewox  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:14:04 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Nothing of sort , since there are no applications or any kind of executable files so ...

And anything can happen, but I think he had a fake antivirus.

Also for others , only download from here if you maybe saw links anywhere else, and it's not hosted oficially anywhere else than here either.
UserPostedImage