Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline peop  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:34:14 AM(UTC)
peop
Private

I know the author of the mod isn't really here any more but could someone help? Has anyone successfully installed the mod with the first decade? if so, how?

I found the problem. Normally zero hour has two disks(one with setup.exe and the other with setup2.exe), but with the first decade its just one(just setup.exe). The installer can find the first setup.exe but can't find the second(setup2.exe) because there is no second disk so it doesn't have a setup2.exe.Anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by user Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:41:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline MicScoTho  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:20:55 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I did not realize the Advanced AI Mod has an installation problem with The First Decade.

When you go to install the mod, how far do you get before it doesn't work?

As far as I know, you should be able to get to the "Installation Folder" step and change where the Advanced AI Mod is installed to. It is "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour" by default, but this should be changed to point to The First Decade Zero Hour folder, or wherever you have Zero Hour installed.

Edited by user Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:21:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MicScoTho - Founder
Offline supertruckerak  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 6:59:42 AM(UTC)
supertruckerak
Private

can this mod be installed with any other mods??? if so is it certain ones??? if so wich ones. if not sorry to bother u. just currious.

Edited by user Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:03:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:14:12 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
It will work normally with any mod that does not add new units or buildings or remove existing ones.

Edited by user Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:17:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline supertruckerak  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:26:33 AM(UTC)
supertruckerak
Private

ok so it wont work with like the laser/demo/nuke mod since it does add buildings? thanks for the reply so fast. i got a roomie that just uses that mod and it is way to easy with that mod in cuz the ai attack is so predictable. was hoping to make it more of a challenge for him. but cant get him to lose that mod and reduce his starting money. lol. thanks again. any ideas u have to help him get a decient challenge would b appreciated. but since he wont lose that mod i doubt there is any. where can i get some of ur aod maps??? i love aod. hagd

Edited by user Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:39:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified