Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars was developed by Electronic Arts' EALA studio and was released in March 2007. Here are the major features of this latest installment in the Command & Conquer series.
Singleplayer Campaign Features
- High-definition live action cut-scenes return! C&C 3 features the classic FMVs (full-motion videos) known to Command & Conquer, tying the game's story together.
- Over 30 single player missions
- A single cohesive story told from the unique perspectives of all three warring factions
- The alien faction, known as The Scrin, is unlocked after you beat the campaign.
- Kane returns! Joe Kucan, the same actor from the original Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun, plays Kane in C&C 3.
- Native voice-over-IP support
- Integrated clan support
- All-new interactive online spectator modes, with added camera support and player commentary
- "Fast, fluid, and fun" gameplay: "ultra-responsive" and "smooth-as-silk", the gameplay in C&C 3 expands on Command & Conquer's greatness -- your entire arsenal is intuitively placed at your fingertips.
- New strategies: use flying battleships, wield the power of Ion Storms, and combine units to form powerful, never-before-seen super-units.
A GDI battle in a war-torn city.
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars uses a highly modified version of the Sage Engine, first used in Command & Conquer: Renegade and then further developed in Command & Conquer: Generals, its expansion Zero Hour, and Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth and its sequel BFME: 2. Significant improvements have been made to the particles engine, which will now feature tracers, ricochets, explosions, fires, plumes of smoke, dust, and haze in the atmosphere. The environment is an ever-more important part of the battlefield.
Adaptive Artificial Intelligence
Command & Conquer 3 features improved AI that is adaptable to your playing style: if you the battle a rusher, you can tell the AI to rush; if you want the AI to turtle, you can tell it to. The AI in general has also been overhauled, with the brutal AI being truly... brutal.
Tiberium Wars features a "fully evolved" side-bar interface that is highly intuitive: building on and improving the classic Command & Conquer side-bar, it allows you to fully manage your base operations without ever leaving the action.
Special Kane Edition Features
C&C 3 comes in two editions: a standard edition and a special Kane Edition that has a number of bonus features.
» Kane Edition Features