Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline firestorm_56  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:45:27 PM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

hiya i need a little bit of help, im making a map with a train going through it but when it get to the bridge insted of going over the bridge it ends up going through and under it anyone have an idea why thats happening?

if its something to do with a script please be somewhat detailed i havnt used the scripting to much yet
Sponsor
Offline Drummin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:57:14 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Add "Bridge" to the end of the waypoint name of the last waypoint before the bridge. This will keep the train at the same elevation. Here's an example:
Waypoint236Bridge

You would do the same type of naming for "Station" and "Tunnel" as well.

No scripting is needed.

Edited by user Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:57:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline firestorm_56  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 5:14:04 AM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

Drummin wrote:
Add "Bridge" to the end of the waypoint name of the last waypoint before the bridge. This will keep the train at the same elevation. Here's an example:
Waypoint236Bridge

You would do the same type of naming for "Station" and "Tunnel" as well.

No scripting is needed.

ah i would have never thought about that. thank you

Edited: ummm its still happening i got the name as Waypoint 35Bridge and its right before the bridge starts. do i need to type bridge at the first way point after the bridge to? (i got one right before and after the bridge)

lol my troops are on the bridge when the train comes and there not being run down either.

Edited: *Dances* yaaaay i got it working. i had to change the name from waypoint to bridge 1 tunnel. though thank you so much for the help

Edited by user Monday, September 22, 2008 6:52:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 6:53:58 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

My apology,
I thought Bridge would work. I know that Tunnel will hold altitude. Give that a try.

EDIT
Quote:
i had to change the name from waypoint to bridge 1 tunnel.

I know I've read in posts that they always made a point of leaving the waypoint name intact and adding Tunnel or Station at the end of it. I guess because you have Tunnel though it's working for you. That's great.

Edited by user Monday, September 22, 2008 6:59:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline firestorm_56  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 6:54:33 AM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

oh yeah with that working how it is does the train die if the bridge is destoryed?

ummm another random question wtf happened to my train its not coming up as a engin,flat,rocket cars. its coming up as an alpine ones

Edited by user Monday, September 22, 2008 7:03:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 7:05:27 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

This takes scripting.

Name your bridge, train and any cars.

There's several options but something like this.

*** IF ***
Unit 'Bridge1' has been destroyed.
*** THEN ***
Unit 'Engine1' is removed from the world.
Unit 'Traincar1' is removed from the world.
Unit 'Traincar2' is removed from the world.
Unit 'Traincar3' is removed from the world.

You might want the train to be removed when it's out of sight. Just label an area and have the train removed when it get to that location. Your script might look like this.

*** IF ***
*AND* Unit 'Engine1' enters area 'HiddenZone'
*** THEN ***

Quote:
ummm another random question wtf happened to my train its not coming up as a engin,flat,rocket cars. its coming up as an alpine ones

IF you placed an engine, flat car w/rocket etc it should be just that. Did you make a map.ini file for the train?

Edited by user Monday, September 22, 2008 7:22:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline firestorm_56  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 7:15:10 AM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

Drummin wrote:
This takes scripting.

Quote:

IF you placed an engine, flat car w/rocket etc it should be just that. Did you make a map.ini file for the train?

ummmm honestly i no idea about the map.ini file, i never have had this problem before with the train not coming up how i want it to
Offline Drummin  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 7:21:41 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

Quote:
i never have had this problem before with the train not coming up how i want it to
Try some different engines and see if the one you want shows up in the game.
Offline firestorm_56  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 7:27:08 AM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

Drummin wrote:
Quote:
i never have had this problem before with the train not coming up how i want it to
Try some different engines and see if the one you want shows up in the game.

i tried that already and its still coming up the same why, though i think i gota reinstall generals to i never had this much trouble with it when i had it installed last time

edited: ok another 2 questions does the train stay till it gets to the bridge or does it die where it is when the bridge is destoyed ?

if its at the bridge is there a script to have the train go up into a nuke explosion ?

Edited by user Monday, September 22, 2008 7:38:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 8:26:32 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

The train will die based on the conditions your set in your script. If you say "When Bridge is destroyed", then that's when it will happen. Getting the train to crash will be hard to do as it is following the waypoint path and not actually on the bridge. Making an explosion though would be easy. Just add an area at your bridge and a waypoint to spawn your bomb. Then make a script like this.
*** IF ***
*AND* Unit 'Engine1' enters area 'BridgeArea'
*** THEN ***
Spawn unit of type 'NukeBomb' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Bomb1'

You'll find the bomb under civilian/system.

EDIT: Idea...

One way you might do this is to have the train removed when it gets to the hidden area as I explained earlier. Then have a new train start moving on a DIFFERENT pathway which merges to follow the same path when it comes back into view. Keep these paths separate by never letting your waypoints join when you're laying them out. Have this second track end below the bridge and don't name the "Tunnel" waypoint as you did on the main track line so the second train will fall. Make the "BridgeArea" small enough so that the train needs to fall first before the explosion.

Then use a script like the one above to spawn your bomb.

*** IF ***
Unit 'Engine2' enters area 'BridgeArea'
*** THEN ***
Spawn unit of type 'NukeBomb' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Bomb1'

You might see if "The Bomb" will destroy the second train.

Edited by user Monday, September 22, 2008 8:51:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline firestorm_56  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 8:53:49 AM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

Drummin wrote:
The train will die based on the conditions your set in your script. If you say "When Bridge is destroyed", then that's when it will happen. Getting the train to crash will be hard to do as it is following the waypoint path and not actually on the bridge. Making an explosion though would be easy. Just add an area at your bridge and a waypoint to spawn your bomb. Then make a script like this.
*** IF ***
*AND* Unit 'Engine1' enters area 'BridgeArea'
*** THEN ***

You'll find the bomb under civilian/system.

EDIT: Idea...

One way you might do this is to have the train removed when it gets to the hidden area as I explained earlier. Then have a new train start moving on a DIFFERENT pathway which merges to follow the same path when it comes back into view. Keep these paths separate by never letting your waypoints join when you're laying them out. Have this second track end below the bridge and don't name the "Tunnel" waypoint as you did on the main track line so the second train will fall. Make the "BridgeArea" small enough so that the train needs to fall first before the explosion.

Then use a script like the one above to spawn your bomb.

*** IF ***
Unit 'Engine2' enters area 'BridgeArea'
*** THEN ***

You might see if "The Bomb" will destroy the second train.

hehe thank you

im going to use that for a couple of different things (i dont want to spoil the surpize for those parts)
Offline firestorm_56  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 9:05:28 AM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

ummm do i gota place a nuke bomb first ? i cant find it in the script part
Offline Drummin  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 9:08:25 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

Generals or Zero Hour?

You should find Unit/Spawn/Spawn at waypoint.
Offline firestorm_56  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 9:13:25 AM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

Drummin wrote:
Generals or Zero Hour?

You should find Unit/Spawn/Spawn at waypoint.

generals closest im finding is the radation field itself
Offline Drummin  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 9:29:15 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

OK... took awhile to load "Generals" WB and game. Sorry for the delay. You're right:( Not in generals.

Try this instead.

*** THEN ***
Spawn Unit 'bombtruck' of type 'CargoTruckNuke' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'bomb'
Unit 'bombtruck' takes 100 points of damage.

So you'll spawn a named unit called bombtruck then the second script line deals some damage to make it explode.
Offline firestorm_56  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 9:37:38 AM(UTC)
firestorm_56
Private

Drummin wrote:
OK... took awhile to load "Generals" WB and game. Sorry for the delay. You're right:( Not in generals.

Try this instead.

*** THEN ***
Spawn Unit 'bombtruck' of type 'CargoTruckNuke' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'bomb'
Unit 'bombtruck' takes 100 points of damage.

So you'll spawn a named unit called bombtruck then the second script line deals some damage to make it explode.

its fine im just starting the second script for that now

YAAAAAAAY it works thank you so much for the help

Edited by user Monday, September 22, 2008 9:51:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 9:54:02 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

No Prob.

Enjoy!