Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline guestcraig  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 2:03:21 AM(UTC)
guestcraig
Private

hi all,

Well I decided that I would start playing C&C Generals : ZH again, so i installed both games and then I got the technical difficulties error which I the searched the forums and found a solution , I patched the game to 1.04 and no more error :) however now when i start the game it loads goes to the big logo screen , turns black and then exits to desktop. Any ideas / iv searched the web for hours now and can find a solution , hope some of my fellow layers have ran into the same problem and can give me a solution ?

I am running
Windows XP
2GB Ram
2.8ghZ Processor
Geforce 6600 GT

I have all the latest driers installed and this isnt a new pc or setup i have previously run ZH sucessfully without any problems on the same PC. Its starnge, Please Help.

Thanks Again.

Craig Guest.
Sponsor
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 6:14:39 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This is just a long shot, but it looks like your computer doesn't like the intro movie playing. You can remove that & the ea logo by following these intructions:

1) Go to the directory of Zero Hour. (The default directory is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour, though it may be in another place if you installed it in another place.)
2) Open the following folder: Data\English\Movies. (You'll see a folder called "Movies" in the Data folder, but that's not the right folder obviosly.)
3) You see 4 files there among the others called "sizzle_review.bik", "sizzle_review640.bik", "EA_LOGO.BIK", & "EA_LOGO640.BIK" these are the intro movie & EA logo movie files. Either delete, move, or rename them to exclude them from the game. (It's been a long time since I removed the files from my directory so I'm not sure if the instructions in this step a precise. Please let me know if anything doesn't line up in your directory.)

That should do it! See if the game will work now.
Offline spectre  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:33:56 AM(UTC)
spectre
Colonel

sounds like a video card issue to me, i have that problem too, load up the game, the screen goes black and than it just crashes to desktop. than again your cards is good for the game so maybe try reinstalling the game/drivers?
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3ghz|4Gb RAM|NVIDIA Geforce 9800GTX+(on order)|500GB HDD