Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline My feet hurt!  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:23:01 AM(UTC)
My feet hurt!
Private
Australia

Hi all,

<In relation to Generals and Zero Hour First Decade editions>

New member here, I've been lurking for a little while now: great forum, awesome resources! I have recently begun dipping my toes into modding Generals, changing costs of units, buildings etc. But I am having a problem that I was hoping I could get some help with. I had a search through the forum but was unable to find this issue raised.

Yesterday I tried commenting out the superweapon lines in the commandset.ini for Zero Hour. This had no affect at all in-game: the superweapons were still buildable. I tried the same exact thing in the Generals commandset.ini and was successful, the Scud Storm button had disappeared from the GLA build bar. I also played a game against a few brutal computer opponents and none of them built superweapons so it was successful. I was trawling through the commandset.ini for Zero Hour as well as other ini files for hours but for the life of me could not figure out why the changes I was making had no effect. Dead

I was able to change the cost of the GLA booby trap upgrade, in upgrades.ini, from $1000 to $10 in Zero Hour, but anything else I tried to change (cost of buildings or units) was unsuccessful.

This was a very frustrating process as making changes to Generals were successful, but Zero Hour not so much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Thumb Up
Sponsor