Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline i^love^mixery  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 9:38:29 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Well.. noobs think a nuke truck here and there is an improvement for any map ._. Tongue
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:19:37 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoshZemlinsky Go to Quoted Post
@I*love*Mixery

As for the 'rename a team' what i did is copy a team within the team builder, lets say a team called "Capture Tech Buildings" then it copies it under the name "Capture Tech Buildings. 1" then i deleted the old one, and renamed the copy to "Capture Tech Buildings" this seemed to fix the problem with the team alterations not being exported.
No idea why this actually worked a couple of times... Looking back at it now, it doesn't make any sense. But it worked.

Picture

As for what it exports, it should be right i assume.
Picture2

Well i am fully confident that it is right lol, otherwise i guess it would never export any teams...

Annnd you are most likely right that the mod is at fault, i just tried to revert to Zero Hour's world builder, and now exporting the same script, there are no problems. The team alterations are indeed being exported.
Well i guess that's case closed. Still sad such a problem exsist, oh well, i suppose that's what i get for not staying vanilla haha Big Smile

Thanks anyways.

@Gameanater

Haha, alright. I will go take a look at it shortly. The map actually doesn't use anything that isn't already in Zero Hour, just so happens the mod has thrown the objects locations abit around.

As for making cars and stuff move around, i thought about adding that aswell. However i've had problems getting it to work in the past. So i doubt i can now xD But i will look at it.

EDIT:

After taking a look at it, i am not really sure what you've been trying to do xD
It looks like a huge mess to me haha.. Anyways, your way of making cars move is different to what i used to do. I found this tutorial but never used it more then a couple of times, didn't always work.

You can try this tutorial I have made. Big Smile Big Smile
http://www.cnclabs.com/forums/c...Small--but-POWERFUL.aspx

Maybe that will help

Edited by user Saturday, April 19, 2014 10:24:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline Gameanater  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:06:10 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
'DOH! I completely forgot that using Teams in Skirmish maps DOESN'T WORK thanks to EA! *Facepalm* I might go in and try to fix that at some point. Dunno. :P

NUKE TRUCKS RULE! Heh..
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:19:17 PM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: i^love^mixery Go to Quoted Post
Well.. noobs think a nuke truck here and there is an improvement for any map ._. Tongue

Haha, can't be any worse then trying to squeeze as many sources of nuclear and toxic destruction into your maps as possible Big Smile

That's what i did.
Also, the white building beside the nuclear chimneys, is supposed to explode with a rather large nuclear blast aswell.
Altho it doesn't work for Zero Hour.
Offline Gameanater  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:16:14 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Nuclear and toxic destruction is AWESOME!! XD

Edited by user Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:16:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: "Nucleat" typo

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline i^love^mixery  
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:01:50 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
'DOH! I completely forgot that using Teams in Skirmish maps DOESN'T WORK thanks to EA! *Facepalm* I might go in and try to fix that at some point. Dunno. :P

NUKE TRUCKS RULE! Heh..

What do you mean "thanks to EA"?

It is only logical that it doesn't work. Just imagine this situation: You assign anything to SkirmishGLA and then you play against two Skirmish GLA enemies. Which of them is the computer supposed to assign the units to?

In mission maps however, you can't choose any players in the lobby, as everything is preset in the map, so every unit has an unique owner.

That's why it works in missions maps but not in skirmish maps for ANY player.
Offline Gameanater  
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 8:52:14 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: i^love^mixery Go to Quoted Post

NUKE TRUCKS RULE! Heh..

What do you mean "thanks to EA"?

It is only logical that it doesn't work. Just imagine this situation: You assign anything to SkirmishGLA and then you play against two Skirmish GLA enemies. Which of them is the computer supposed to assign the units to?

In mission maps however, you can't choose any players in the lobby, as everything is preset in the map, so every unit has an unique owner.

That's why it works in missions maps but not in skirmish maps for ANY player.

Because EA probably programmed it that way. :P

Now imagine THIS situation! lol. You want a civilian group of five, say, UN Troops to patrol a path for ambient effects. But since you're in Skirmish, you have to give each one of them a unique name, But, you could still TRY to assign them to the TeamSkirmishGLA player.

:P

Offline i^love^mixery  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 9:04:46 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

The game does "try" to assign them, but it doesn't work since players work differently in Skirmish maps. More accurately, the instances of a player set are named different than the actual set. Something like the difference between a normal variable and an array, if you are into programming. Or like the difference between "instances" and "objects" if you are into java.

Edited by user Friday, April 18, 2014 9:07:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 2:53:07 PM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

Originally Posted by: I^Love^Mixery Go to Quoted Post
The game does "try" to assign them, but it doesn't work since players work differently in Skirmish maps. More accurately, the instances of a player set are named different than the actual set. Something like the difference between a normal variable and an array, if you are into programming. Or like the difference between "instances" and "objects" if you are into java.

nooo! Not programming, i cannot figure it out!
Sorry for busting in lol.

*failed his programming exam*
Offline Gameanater  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 6:56:12 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Hahahaha. XD You cracked me up with that reply, Josh. XD

Anyway, Mix!

I did a little bit of programming with Python before, but I can baarely remember what a variable is and I've never heard of any array before... lol... I just think it would be a better if I could use teams in Skirmish. If it crashes the game, I could at least go back in and try to fix it I suppose. :P
Offline i^love^mixery  
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:57:32 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Just imagine, in Skirmish maps, any player has some sort of index behind its name, in order to deal with multiple possible instances of the computer players. In mission maps however, there is no index behind any player name. So if you assign something to a specific player name, the name does only exist in mission maps.

If you found out what the index looks like, you might even get it to work. Maybe it's like PlyrCivilian[0] or something close to this.. who knows.
thanks 1 user thanked i^love^mixery for this useful post.
Gameanater on 4/19/2014(UTC)
Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:25:28 PM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

So now that this thing got derailed this much, i suppose it would be rude of me to start a new thread to ask another dumb question.

So i've been fiddling some more with the AI, beside the fact that i can't get them to attack (I am starting to think i know why now) i ran into another problem.

For some reason one or two of the factions (Demolition and Stealth) doesn't want to build their Arms Dealers, further progressing their base building.

The script original went something like this:

If <This Player> has build a structure of type 'Demo_GLAbarracks'
Then have <This Player> build a structure of type 'Demo_GLAArmsDealer'

Now that doesn't work anymore and i am clueless as to why, funny thing is, it worked yesterday and even reverting back to that older script doesn't fix it.
It also seems they are building certain things they weren't supposed to do before they had build their Arms Dealers. I.e. demo traps.
Offline Gameanater  
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:35:38 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Is there something in this mod that makes you have to script the Skirmish AI's playing?
-Josh

...That's actually very interesting... Maybe I should try that sometime. I seriously doubt I could get it to work, but why not right? You're kewl. Smile
-Mix
Offline Gameanater  
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:37:40 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Well, now to try and help...

Since you're having to script the AI for whatever reason, did you have the AI first build a Supply Stash? if the AI does it out of order and finishing a Barracks before a Supply Stash, it will attempt to build an Arms Dealer but stop because it doesn't have a Supply Stash yet.
Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#35 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 3:27:20 AM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

Since you're having to script the AI for whatever reason, did you have the AI first build a Supply Stash? if the AI does it out of order and finishing a Barracks before a Supply Stash, it will attempt to build an Arms Dealer but stop because it doesn't have a Supply Stash yet.

To answer your first reply, no the AI works in the mod. It operates off what i assume is a custom made SkirmishScript, as this is some complex stuff.
But i could be wrong, it's been so long since i've last seen the original Zero Hour SkirmishScript.

What i am actually doing is making the AI build a larger base, and take more use of the new structures that are introduced.
Thing is, this particular AI has actually worked before, it just so happens they don't as of now.
I hardly changed anything since they last worked.
And to be fair it might be fun to script from the bottom up, altho looking at how complex this is, i wouldn't want to try it. Dead

As for your second message, the mod has this feature that GLA actually has mobile supply stashes, some trucks you can sent anywhere to collect supplies. Just from looking at the scripts i can tell it was some real hard stuff getting working for the mod devs.
Even then it still doesn't always work, and you often find a few of these trucks sitting in the AI's base.
Now i can see what you are getting at here, and that is actually a really good suggestion.

I will have to try it, altho.. There is already 1 script that should make the AI build an Arms Dealer after having 1 Supply Stash truck. But that one isn't functional either.

Anyways, i thought that the script might get ticked as 'done' by the AI for some reason. So i tried to make it a continuously checked script, altho this didn't work either. But i could of done something wrong, here's what it looks like:

Quote:

Script is subroutine (UNCHECKED)
Script is Active (CHECKED)
Script is Deactivated upon success (CHECKED)

Evaluate Script:
Every 30 seconds

If <this player> has equal to 0 structure type of 'Demo_GLAArmsDealer'
<this player> has greater then or equal to 1 structure type of 'Demo_GLABarracks'
*AND*
<This player> has greater then or equal to 1 unit type of 'Demo_GLASupplystash'

Then
build a building of type 'Demo_GLAArmsDealer'

Offline Gameanater  
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 9:30:13 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

To answer your first reply, no the AI works in the mod. It operates off what i assume is a custom made SkirmishScript, as this is some complex stuff.
But i could be wrong, it's been so long since i've last seen the original Zero Hour SkirmishScript.

What i am actually doing is making the AI build a larger base, and take more use of the new structures that are introduced.
Thing is, this particular AI has actually worked before, it just so happens they don't as of now.
I hardly changed anything since they last worked.
And to be fair it might be fun to script from the bottom up, altho looking at how complex this is, i wouldn't want to try it. Dead

As for your second message, the mod has this feature that GLA actually has mobile supply stashes, some trucks you can sent anywhere to collect supplies. Just from looking at the scripts i can tell it was some real hard stuff getting working for the mod devs.
Even then it still doesn't always work, and you often find a few of these trucks sitting in the AI's base.
Now i can see what you are getting at here, and that is actually a really good suggestion.

I will have to try it, altho.. There is already 1 script that should make the AI build an Arms Dealer after having 1 Supply Stash truck. But that one isn't functional either.

Anyways, i thought that the script might get ticked as 'done' by the AI for some reason. So i tried to make it a continuously checked script, altho this didn't work either. But i could of done something wrong, here's what it looks like:

Quote:

Script is subroutine (UNCHECKED)
Script is Active (CHECKED)
Script is Deactivated upon success (CHECKED)

Evaluate Script:
Every 30 seconds

If <this player> has equal to 0 structure type of 'Demo_GLAArmsDealer'
<this player> has greater then or equal to 1 structure type of 'Demo_GLABarracks'
*AND*
<This player> has greater then or equal to 1 unit type of 'Demo_GLASupplystash'

Then
build a building of type 'Demo_GLAArmsDealer'

Interesting stuff...

Yeeeaaahhh this is kind of outta my league.... I stink at scripting, I don't really get the Subroutine and stuff like that very well....

If I come up with anything else, I'll try my best to help...

Sorry, my knowledge is kinda limited.... Ashamed

Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#37 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 12:43:41 PM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

Well i seem to of come to the conclusion that it is fault of whatever this mod does to the worldbuilder...

I just made a map to demonstrate a unit with some awesome cinematic, sadly after a few adjustments the attacking team just stopped working...
I didn't touch there scripts at all.

I wonder what this mod comes with that bugs up World Builder this bad.
Hmm
Offline Gameanater  
#38 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 6:48:41 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

What mod is it?

I wonder what this mod comes with that bugs up World Builder this bad.

I'm sorry but I can't make sense of that sentence.
Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:41:56 AM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

Oh sorry...
I will try to explain, basically as you know by now i got a mod installed.
However, it seems something in the mod causes World Builder to bug out. Such as WB having problems exporting scripts, saving scripts to maps. It also seems now that fully functional scripts will also break for no reason.
i.e. the AI scripts for demolition and stealh not working, and then the map i was working on yesterday where the opposing team suddenly stopped working, after having done so for quite a while.

I am still not sure what causes it. Sad
Offline i^love^mixery  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:17:48 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

just uninstall the mod and stay vanilla.