Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:23:44 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Some changes to the GLA Demolitions General:

(Pictures)

Terrorist (Demo_GLAInfantryTerrorist)
- Now called "Advanced Terrorist" in-game
- Can technically gain Veterancy (just to prevent bugs)
- Starts as Veteran (slightly stronger weapon on top of already improved weapon)
- Removed oddity where an enemy could run over Demo General Terrorists without causing them to explode. Obviously this weakness made no sense especially considering Demo General is supposed to have better Terrorists.

Car Bombs (Demo_GLAVehicleCarBomb)
Cost: 300
Build time (.ini seconds): 7 seconds
Build from: Barracks
Requires: Supply Stash (just so you can't cheese your enemy by starting out with a Barracks and having Car Bombs right off the bat)

- Actually slightly more damaging than a Car Bomb created by Terrorists themselves
- Selection Cameo visible to all players (will eventually replace with unique Cameo)
- Leaves tire tracks behind and has proper damage effects (unlike default car bombs)
- Can technically gain Veterancy (just to prevent bugs)
- Starts as Veteran (slightly stronger weapon on top of already improved weapon)
- Creates an Advanced Terrorist when they successfully suicide on an enemy (terrorist often spawns as Elite)
- Benefits from Junk Repair

Terrorist Training General's Ability:
Cost: 1 Point
- All Terrorists and Car Bombs will be trained as Heroic (more damaging and can self-heal)

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:25:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Split into two posts because it was causing issues with text

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Sponsor
Offline Gameanater  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:27:16 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

I had a lot of fun creating a trainable Car Bomb for Juhziz, as well as fixing up his Terrorists a little. Created Car Bombs are a cheaper alternative to Combat Cycles and can be created just a little bit sooner. Terrorists are a bit more powerful and can still create normal car bombs if you so wish.

Code!

What do you guys think? Good? Bad? Balanced? Overpowered? Kinda pointless? WE HATES IT?! Tongue

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:30:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Advanced Terrorist code

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Unknown Editor  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:36:18 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
I think it IS worth it , I mean there should be a difference between a Normal terrorrist and a Demo one but the Veterancy thing ... It actually is against The whole Vanilla and ZH rules . I mean there were and ARE reasons in their Balancing system .
Neither of which we actually can DENY .
Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 12:34:21 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
did you know veterancy increases unit health
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline Gameanater  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:18:51 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Unknown Editor Go to Quoted Post
I think it IS worth it , I mean there should be a difference between a Normal terrorrist and a Demo one but the Veterancy thing ... It actually is against The whole Vanilla and ZH rules . I mean there were and ARE reasons in their Balancing system .
Neither of which we actually can DENY .

... Huh? Very little about your post made sense. Specifcally, there is a differance between normal and Demo Terrorists. I was fixing bugs and adding my own twist to the Demo terrorist.

Secondly what specifically do not like about my ideas for veterancy? The Car Bomb ejecting a Terrorist upon death? (Which i won't argue about, I'll likely remove that down the road.) Or the Terrorist having any veterancy at all and having Terrorist Training?

And about balance.

1- Zero Hour's balance is super, super unbalanced to begin with.
2- There's plenty of Training sciences in the game and some generals have entire types of units trained as Veteran or higher (AirF, Infantry, Tank, then Minigunners and Tank Gen Battlemasters for example.)

Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post
did you know veterancy increases unit health*?

I wasn't sure about that so I left that out in the description. It sounds about right, though. I'll have to do some testing to see how much of a differance it makes. What do you think about the ideas with Terrorist veterancy and Training?

Offline Unknown Editor  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:34:11 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post

And about balance.

1- Zero Hour's balance is super, super unbalanced to begin with.

Yeah , Really really bad .
one of those games I can hardly EVER see LOGICs CONFLICTing with each other .
Specially as made in 1 year and 1 year only ; Afterwards just got abandoned to be forgotten but still isn't ; Due to that "sort of" EXCELLENT Work in ONE YEAR .
There however are many games released after 2002-2003 which's whole Conflicts .
C&C Generals 2 which never got to be released after 2013 was one of which . (FREE TO PLAY GAMES)

2- There's plenty of Training sciences in the game and some generals have entire types of units trained as Veteran or higher (AirF, Infantry, Tank, then Minigunners and Tank Gen Battlemasters for example.)

So , for a second , Does a Terrorist kill and stay ALIVE to claim Veterancy ?
This is what I'm saying ; Believe me , I'm not a hater to your Eject Idea .

I'll have to do some testing to see how much of a differance it makes.

Or Do you ?

As far as I'm concerned you may find the whole thing in Data\INI\GameData.ini Such as this Info :

Code:
  HealthBonus_Veteran = 120%
  HealthBonus_Elite   = 130%
  HealthBonus_Heroic  = 150%

; And afterwards to the weapons :

WeaponBonus = VETERAN  RATE_OF_FIRE  120%
  WeaponBonus = VETERAN  DAMAGE        110%
  WeaponBonus = ELITE    RATE_OF_FIRE  140%
  WeaponBonus = ELITE    DAMAGE        120%
  WeaponBonus = HERO     RATE_OF_FIRE  160%
  WeaponBonus = HERO     DAMAGE        130%

Hope this would help , Good Luck Thumb Up

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:35:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
thanks 1 user thanked Unknown Editor for this useful post.
Gameanater on 10/24/2018(UTC)
Offline UTD^Force  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:05:18 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Here is an idea, I don't know if it's possible to do the second part, though.
But maybe when you order the car to attack, it gets to a close range then the terrorist ejects out of it and the car keeps going while turning and making screeching sounds (if possible) and then explodes when it reaches the target.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:06:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline Unknown Editor  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:54:12 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Well , As far as I know :
Possible = True
Effort required = EXTREME
and by the way , that would make Demo OVERPOWERED ...

Offline UTD^Force  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 4:22:20 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Possible = True

Not really. I now have some ideas on how to do it, and I don't think it needs effort. It is just fun to mod this game.

No, again. Having a double explosive infantry in one unit is kinda cool and befitting for a demolition general that doesn't really have that much good unique demolitions.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline Gameanater  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:32:42 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

So , for a second , Does a Terrorist kill and stay ALIVE to claim Veterancy ?
This is what I'm saying ; Believe me , I'm not a hater to your Eject Idea .

I'll have to do some testing to see how much of a differance it makes.

Or Do you ?

As far as I'm concerned you may find the whole thing in Data\INI\GameData.ini Such as this Info :

Code:
  HealthBonus_Veteran = 120%
  HealthBonus_Elite   = 130%
  HealthBonus_Heroic  = 150%

; And afterwards to the weapons :

WeaponBonus = VETERAN  RATE_OF_FIRE  120%
  WeaponBonus = VETERAN  DAMAGE        110%
  WeaponBonus = ELITE    RATE_OF_FIRE  140%
  WeaponBonus = ELITE    DAMAGE        120%
  WeaponBonus = HERO     RATE_OF_FIRE  160%
  WeaponBonus = HERO     DAMAGE        130%

Hope this would help , Good Luck Thumb Up

That Code helps a lot, thank you!! Big Smile

The Demo Terrorist technically gains Veterancy when it fires his weapon, but he dies immediately. The code to actually gain Veterancy is purely there to prevent any issues and allow Terrorist Training to work, because honestly I think that kind of Training Science fits Juhziz pretty well. heck I might even make Bomb Truck Training, heehee.

Now the buildable Demo CAR BOMB is interesting. It also can gain Veterancy, again to benefit from Terrorist Training. Like the Demo Terrorist it actually gains Veterancy when it fires it's weapon and kills something big enough, but it dies immediately after. BUT, it also ejects a Demo Terrorist when it dies... and since it dies right after it gains its Veterancy, the result is a slightly more powerful Terrorist ejecting from the Car Bomb at either Elite or Heroic rank (which is also the only case you'd see an Elite Terrorist.)

I originally was going to have Terrorist Training create the two units as Elite but due to the nature of Terrorists that made very little difference since he already starts at Vet 1. Certainly better than a vanilla Terrorist but not a noticable enough differance from a Vet 1 Demo Terrorist to really justify it... So I made it train them as Heroic so they get the most extra health, damage, and health regen they can to the training packs more of a punch.

Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
Here is an idea, I don't know if it's possible to do the second part, though.
But maybe when you order the car to attack, it gets to a close range then the terrorist ejects out of it and the car keeps going while turning and making screeching sounds (if possible) and then explodes when it reaches the target.

Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
Possible = True

Not really. I now have some ideas on how to do it, and I don't think it needs effort. It is just fun to mod this game.

No, again. Having a double explosive infantry in one unit is kinda cool and befitting for a demolition general that doesn't really have that much good unique demolitions.

Your idea is honestly pretty funny. XD I'd include that as a joke unit maybe, something you can access in Worldbuilder but not in normal Skirmish.

About overpoweredness though, I'm quite likely to remove Demo Terrorist's ejecting from the Car Bomb because that means you can one-shot so much with a Car Bomb now. It's borderline if not outright OP already. But it's certainly fun to mod in and use anyway.

Demo General is already considered overpowered in a few areas by much of the community so I will be toning down some of that. For example his Demolitions ability is just freaking insane thanks to the Demo Rebel Ambush. You can basically just delete a whole cluster of units or an important building instantly thanks to how many Rebels are spawned and because they can immediately blow themselves up. The 1.06 Community Balance Patch tries to remedy this by halving the amount of Rebels his Rebel Ambush spawns, but I dislike this idea for two reasons. 1) They did nothing to improve Vanilla Rebel and Stealth Rebel Ambushes, instead just (rightfully) nerfing Toxin and Demo Rebel Ambushes. 2) You can still instantly delete an important target, or a whole column of units. Most support powers are not totally instant (save for the Toxin Rebel Ambush but that's effectively nerfed as well as it can.)

Since I'm on this subject I may as well put out what I plan to do with the Rebel Ambushes:

Vanilla and Stealth: Double the amount of Rebels. Because Rebels are kinda pathetic on their own and this ability is superbly unappealing as is.

Toxin Rebel Ambush: Toxin damage is nerfed in my mod to be closer to Radiation Damage (though still a bit stronger).

Demo: No change to how many Rebels are spawned, but Demolitions Ability now has a "cooldown" upon the unit's being created, like the Building Capture. That insures you can't just immediately DELETE anything you want on the map but you can still use this ability well if you're clever or if you're opponent is distracted (or you're playing against a braindead AI).

If that doesn't work I might just copy 1.06's Demo Rebel Ambush balance.

--

As for the rest of the Demo General I mostly plan to remove the broken Demolitions upgrade on the Combat Cycle, the bike itself would explode when it was abandoned which let you deal several times more damage against whatever it blows up next to. So Combat Cycles won't benefit from the upgrade anymore.

Also several of the Demo General's red-tinted explosive weapons don't actually deal any more damage than their vanilla versions. TOXIN GENERAL'S RPGs do way more damage than the guy who's explosives are supposed to be way better in-game.

I also plan to give Rebels the Flashbang upgrade because it fits, replace the Toxin Tractor with a Flashbang Tractor, and replace the Anthrax Bomb with something else. Maybe it's his own version of carpet bombing, or he drops a whole bunch of normal Demo Traps.

Maybe I'll even make the SCUD Launcher use freaking Fuel Air Bombs. I mean why the heck not. XD

Offline Zatsupachi  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:56:54 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
So, I have a very funny idea for Demolition General's Terrorist for Giant Robot Edition(my latest mod), DO NOT STEAL(or at least get me the credit).

So the Terrorist will have an upgrade called "Terrorist Jetpack"
Once upgraded, it will allow the Terrorist to target Air units by launching itself to the aircraft using it's newly acquired jetpack. Sadly though, when they miss well-- they miss and explode landing flat on the ground.

Infantry in Giant Robot Edition is more "standardized" any faction can train type of infantry (there's like 20+ different types). But the difference will be what the factions will be made available for. Infantry in this is absurdly weak so they will almost always train in groups(nuke riflemen and inferno rifleman are an outlier of this).
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
thanks 2 users thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 10/26/2018(UTC), Gameanater on 10/26/2018(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:55:30 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Zatsupachi Go to Quoted Post
So, I have a very funny idea for Demolition General's Terrorist for Giant Robot Edition(my latest mod), DO NOT STEAL(or at least get me the credit).

So the Terrorist will have an upgrade called "Terrorist Jetpack"
Once upgraded, it will allow the Terrorist to target Air units by launching itself to the aircraft using it's newly acquired jetpack. Sadly though, when they miss well-- they miss and explode landing flat on the ground.

Infantry in Giant Robot Edition is more "standardized" any faction can train type of infantry (there's like 20+ different types). But the difference will be what the factions will be made available for. Infantry in this is absurdly weak so they will almost always train in groups(nuke riflemen and inferno rifleman are an outlier of this).

HECK YEAH!! Laugh Laugh Tongue Tongue

I'm thinking how you would do that is have a weapon that kills itself and deletes the Terrorist (by a specific DeathType and appropriate code for the Module). It then launches a missile with the model of the Terrorist flying up at the AirCraft.

Perhaps the weapon is a missile that leaves a FireOCL that kills the Terrorist with the special DeathType.

I may use your Jetpack weapon idea but I will certainly give credit if I do. at the very least I wanna try it now

I also like your idea of standardized infantry. I'm iffy on them being so weak but then again, your mod is built around giant robots so... Eh. XD

I had an idea for General Fai where he could train Red Guards, but he would instead be training a "Red Guard Squad" which produces 5 Red Guards at once from his Barracks. Also all Chinese buildings in my mod will spawn infantry upon death, so this would also justify him having Red Guards because spawning Mini-Gunners upon building deaths would be massively OP.