It's been a while since I last posted news here, so now I have a few news for you if you didn't know, form the Official Generals Site
New patches for both C&C: Generals & C&C: Generals Zero Hour (the expansion pack for C&C: Generals).
C&C: Generals Patch 1.7 is on its way.
Here is news from the Official Site
1.7 Generals Patch
Below you'll find a list of issues that the upcoming 1.7 Generals patch will address. We do not yet have a release date as our testing will dictate this schedule. We are reasonably confident that it will be in the next couple of weeks but this is not set in stone. Also, this list may alter as new info surfaces.
1. FORCE FIRE - CHINA's Gattling Tanks can no longer force fire through buildings.
2. RALLY POINTS - Added rally points to the GLA Tunnel Networks.
3. IMPROVED ONLINE STATS - Made improvements to the code that tracks statistics and disconnects in online games.
4. CRASH FIX - Fixed a crash bug related to the Particle Cannon.
5. DESYNCH FIX - Fixed a mismatch that occurred when ordering a unit to attack right after they exited a building.
6. REGION ACCURACY - User tooltip in the Custom Match lobby now correctly displays the user's region.
7. HERO RADAR ICON - Jarmen Kell, Black Lotus and Colonel Burton now have a special icon on the radar map.
8. CHAT SOUND EFFECT - Added an audio cue to alert users to an incoming chat message.
9. TEXT FIXES - Fixed text errors in the tooltips for USA Drone Armor and CHINA Nuclear Tank upgrades.
10. FIREWALL PORT OVERRIDE OPTIONS ITEM - Firewall Port Override values can now be set on the Options menu from the Main Menu.
The game will need to talk to external servers that use the following port numbers. These ports need to be open in your firewall in order to play on Generals Online:
TCP ports: 80, 6667, 28910, 29900, 29920
UDP ports: 4321, 27900
I really hope they will do this one right unlike the previous patch and few bugs and many mistakes I found in ZH.
To read about Firewalls and Zero Hour visit this page
and read below the upper content.
First patch for Zero Hour is also coming, taken from the Official Generals Site
1.01 Zero Hour Patch
Many of you have been curious as to what Zero Hour Patch 1.01 will contain. Here is a brief overview of the most important known issues. These are not set in stone and the list will alter based on our own testing and any new finds from the community. They are purposely vague so as not to make certain exploits obvious. We do not yet have a release date as we are still collecting info. We will also release Generals Patch 1.7 prior to this patch unless an emergency comes up.
Thanks for keeping us updated. As always, your input and insights are always appreciated by the team.
1. Sometimes rank medals appear gray in the Custom Match lobby.
2. Adding –quickstart command line parameter.
3. An issue when the Microwave attacks and Internet Center.
4. If the US-FireBase is filled with infantry and the user sells it, sometimes the infantry become invisible but are still selectable.
5. Adding -mod command line parameter.
6. A couple of Jarmen Kell firing recharge & balance issues.
7. Adjusting the Tunnel Network build speed.
8. A couple of targeting issues with the Battle Bus.
9. A specific situation where the player can tell if a unit is a disguised Bomb Truck or not.
10. A specific Fog of War exploit with one of the units.
11. Black Lotus capture exploit.
12. Various Microwave Tank Direct X9.0 and hardware issues.
13. Fixed a bug that caused the supply docks to disappear during skirmish games.
14. Removed audio cue that signaled every message displayed on screen during a game. Now it will only occur during incoming chat.
15. Removed Carpet Bomber from the 3rd mission in the CHINA campaign.
16. Changed all Gattling weapons so they can no longer force fire through structures.
17. Fixed a bug that stealthed units would not show up on the radar.
18. Fixed text errors in the tooltips for USA Drone Armor and CHINA Nuclear Tank upgrades.
19. Fixed a bug with the difficulty level of the Generals Challenge campaign when restarting a new campaign with one campaign already in progress.
20. Fixed an issue with the GLA RPG Trooper animation.
21. Made a fix to the Nuke General's map to prevent him from building multiple Nuke Silos on top of each other.
22. Removed the mismatch error message in replays (there is no mismatch – it is a text error)
23. Two new multiplayer maps.
Until next time, EAComMike and the rest of the Generals team!
All looks good here, although there are a few other bugs, I can't really remember now but there are a few. Still It's good that this is going to be done. The question is "when?".
Last edited by Mike on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at 8:35:39 PM.