Most of our news page recently has been dedicated to our ever-growing collection of quality maps, so it's worth taking a look at what's going on in other spots around the community:
- Of most interest to Generals fans is the release of version 1.9 of Middle East Crisis, by Bhones. It's an improved version of the MEC mod, made solely by one fan. Bhones has collaborated with us on some projects in the past here, and there's no one better at Worldbuilder out there. Check it out.
- CNCNZ has a roundtable up for July. I participated in this monthly discussion about C&C. This time, we focused mostly on C&C 4.
- The Unreal mod Renegade X has an excellent update online, including a gameplay video.
- Frank Klepacki, C&C music composer for many years, has a piece up called "Behind the Music of the First Command and Conquer" on his Facebook page (open to the public).
- C&C 4 will have a population cap, according to developer Jeremy Feasel's post here. Ugh.
- Tiberian Dawn Redux, a popular remake of Tiberian Dawn for Generals, has its first progress video up.