Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline keklol  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:16:49 AM(UTC)
keklol
Private

Hi all.

I have installed C&C 3 Tiberium Wars through steam and this game works fine.
And then i have installed this The Forgotten mod but it wont start, C&C3 tiberium wars launch picture/window will appear for few seconds but thats it, it wont launch.
The original tiberium wars works fine.

Any suggestion ?
Sponsor
Offline MicScoTho  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 7:47:31 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Does the Steam version of the game have a way you can open the Game Browser (where you can launch Replays and Mods)? If so, does starting the mod from there work?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline keklol  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 7:30:25 AM(UTC)
keklol
Private

Hi.

Thanks for help. I didnt realized that there should be a very different window for game browser Smile and because of Steam, there was not any kind of EA folder in start menu (there should be a control center? <- same thing that game browser?)
Ok back in business, open a steam and select "Library" and there select "Games" and then select C&C3TW and rightclick "properties" and there is "general" page and below there is "Set launch options" button.
Add there a command "-ui" without" Smile and close the window. After that just start the game and it should open this Game Browser.

I hope this helps someone. Sorry for bad wording, this is my first post ever. Big Smile
Offline darkshadow10120  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 2:59:10 PM(UTC)
darkshadow10120
Major

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
keklol wrote:
Hi.

Thanks for help. I didnt realized that there should be a very different window for game browser Smile and because of Steam, there was not any kind of EA folder in start menu (there should be a control center? <- same thing that game browser?)
Ok back in business, open a steam and select "Library" and there select "Games" and then select C&C3TW and rightclick "properties" and there is "general" page and below there is "Set launch options" button.
Add there a command "-ui" without" Smile and close the window. After that just start the game and it should open this Game Browser.

I hope this helps someone. Sorry for bad wording, this is my first post ever. Big Smile

In simpler wording

1. Right click on tiberium wars in you game browser and select properties
2. Inside the general tab and click set lanuch options
3. type in -ui without and click OK
4. run the game and it should start in the game browser
thanks 1 user thanked darkshadow10120 for this useful post.
Traveler on 10/18/2020(UTC)
Offline Traveler  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 12:35:02 AM(UTC)
Traveler
Private

Dude this absolutely solved my problem. Thank you so much!