Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline paknot8  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 3:38:32 AM(UTC)
paknot8
Private

I cant find my map what i have made in the worldbuilder in The RA3 game. i did al the steps how to make a worlbuilder but i cant find it in the game.

Help Please what must i do?

Oh and i have another question: if i want to dowload a map from the RA3 site where must i set it on? what file?

Edited by user Friday, November 27, 2009 3:42:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline Gren  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 5:16:23 AM(UTC)
Gren
Major
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you have the option "Is Scenario Multiplayer" set in your map settings, you need to uncheck this.

The place for the maps should be:

XP Users: C:\Documents and Settings\[Account Name]\Application Data\Game Name\Maps\

Vista Users: C:\Users\Account Name\appdata\Roaming\Game Name\Maps

NOTE: The Application Data folder is usually hidden. On the top of the explorer bar, click Tools --> Folder Options --> View --> Click Show Hidden Files and Folders button.

This is where WB should save your maps to as well.Wink

Normally, when you download a map, it should contain a readme.txt file and most map-makers give instructions on how to extract the map files and where to put them.

You are extracting your downloaded maps from the compressed files, I assume? Big Smile

Edited by user Friday, November 27, 2009 5:34:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline paknot8  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:12:50 AM(UTC)
paknot8
Private

I have another Question: the app data is now unhidden but i cant see my map in the game what must i do?
Offline illserveu  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:04:03 AM(UTC)
illserveu
Private

1/ Check it first :

Quote:
If you have the option "Is Scenario Multiplayer" set in your map settings, you need to uncheck this.

2/ The folder name must be EXACTLY .map file in the folder. That mean if you saved it as "Test", then the folder must be named "Test", and there are 2 files : "Test.map" and "Test.tga" in that folder.

3/ I don't know why, but when I use Windows 7 (64bit), although I copied the map, I can't play them Sad
Offline paknot8  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 4:18:55 AM(UTC)
paknot8
Private

i did unchek "scenario Multyplayer" and had a same save . i have this map (testing) if i click on it i see this 4 things (map,overrides,testing.map,testing.tga)

and i saved it on the correct one.

i dont know what the problem is?
Offline Gren  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 8:18:57 AM(UTC)
Gren
Major
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

paknot8 wrote:
i did unchek "scenario Multyplayer" and had a same save . i have this map (testing) if i click on it i see this 4 things (map,overrides,testing.map,testing.tga)

and i saved it on the correct one.

i dont know what the problem is?

This looks correct.

Have you put any player starting waypoints in your testing map and added players - if not, your map will not show up for loading from the map selection menu.
UserPostedImage
Offline paknot8  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:17:37 AM(UTC)
paknot8
Private

Yes i did put 6 wayoints and clicked on edit, edit player list and then add skirmish players then oke.

oh yeah i forgot if i want to download a map where do i must put it into?
Offline Gren  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:28:52 AM(UTC)
Gren
Major

paknot8 wrote:
Yes i did put 6 wayoints and clicked on edit, edit player list and then add skirmish players then oke.

oh yeah i forgot if i want to download a map where do i must put it into?

Download the map .zip file to your desktop.

Right click on the .zip file and choose the extract option to extract the files.

See post number 2 above for your Operating System.
UserPostedImage