Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Max-o-l  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2009 8:45:23 AM(UTC)
Max-o-l
Private

Hello there!

i wanted to ask if someone of you know how i should start making a TD (Tower Defense)map.
a map that enemies will just spawn somewhere, and you can only build defensive buildings, but from all the teams too(all from china,GLA eg. and it would be awesome too if you can reverse the game(so you are the attacker). i already know the basics of using worldbuilder( I've read your guides) but i dont really know how to make the ''AI guidelines''.
i already have a map in mind, something like, the spawn point will be a small valley, with 2 barracks, 2 war factories, and about 3 supply drop points so you actually have some kind of a wave timer(every 1,5 minute the attacker gets money and starts building units), and they have to get through a canyon, on top of the canyons there will be the defenses, and at they end, they must shoot down a wall, and behind that wall there's the defenders command center(and with GLA a radar van too), and a dozer that can only repair things. when command center is destroyed you will lose. I'm not sure to enable aircraft, becouse that would give problems (they will have to follow the canyon too to get it fair, maybe something for later)
and if possible, to make each wave harder. and after some waves ( easy about 30, medium 50, hard 80)you will win( something like in the last wave the attacker sells his buildings(or destroys it) and then will attack for a final wave. but also want to make it work with my Mod: CNC Generals Contra: a Zero Hour modification.
so, does anyone of you have some trick or something to help me?

I would really appreciate it and i will post the map when i finished it!

Thanks!

Max-o-l

A soldiers task is not do die for his country but to make the other bastard die for his...

System to come...
Core i7 930
Corsair Dominator 1600-6GK
Corsair HX850
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
ATI HD5870
ASUS Xonar 1.03 HDAV
Logitech X-540
Coolermaster Sentinel Advance
COSMOS S
Samsung P2770HD
Western Digital WD6402AAEX
+Custom watercooling

yay to mapping!
Sponsor
Offline Drummin  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2009 12:11:38 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Sounds like an AOD (Art Of Defense) map where you're protecting a building or area from the enemy. The easiest way to let the player build all factions would be to give them a worker or dozer from each faction. A boss dozer would also work well. However, they would need to build the prerequisite buildings (Supply Center) for each faction before they can build defenses. You can either spawn attack waves or have the enemy build them. Search this forum for terms like "Teams", "Mission", "AOD" etc and you should come up with helpful information. If you have a specific question let us know.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2009 1:17:38 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Create starting positions for all players, including the AI and a waypoint path for the AI to follow.

1. Go into Edit->Edit Player List... and click Add Skirmish Players.
2. Go into Edit->Edit Teams... and click SkirmishGLA (you can use any but GLA is most commonly used).
3. Click Add New Team, name it Wave 1 and choose the unit type and how many of each unit you want.
4. Repeat for as many waves as you want.
5. Go into Edit->Scripts... and click on SkirmishGLA
6. Create a new script and in the "actions if true" section, click new and create timers to expire for Wave 1, Wave 2, etc.
7. Create another new script. In the "script conditions" section, click new, timer expired and put in the timer you created for Wave 1.
8. In the "actions if true" section, go into team->create->Spawn a reinforcement team. Choose the team that you created for Wave 1 and the waypoint that you want the team to spawn on.
9. In the "actions if true" section, go into team->Move->Set to follow a waypoint path. Use the waypoint path you want them to follow and the team for Wave 1.
10. Repeat steps 7, 8 & 9 for every other wave.

This is the basic coding for an AOD.

To stop players from making buildings, use the "actions if true" player->build->Set a player to be unable to build buildings. Use player0 for the host of the game, player1 for the second player, player2 for the third, etc.

Alternatively, you can use map->modify->Adjust the tech tree for a specific object type. With this, you can remove buttons and make buildings no longer require prerequisites. Then use Scripting->Add a command button to an object type. With this, you can add other buildings to a dozers commandset.

To transfer buildings to a player, use Player->Tranfer->Transfer a specific unit to the control of a player.

Edited by user Friday, July 3, 2009 1:28:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Max-o-l  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2009 1:02:15 AM(UTC)
Max-o-l
Private

thanks for the info
i will start immediately on making the map.
i guess the scripting will take the most work...
still, i will try my best. i like a challenge and from
difficult maps you will learn the most, am i right? Wink
thanks again

(oh, and in about 5 days i'm going on vacantion so i can't work on the map for about 3 weeks)

Max-o-l

A soldiers task is not do die for his country but to make the other bastard die for his...

System to come...
Core i7 930
Corsair Dominator 1600-6GK
Corsair HX850
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
ATI HD5870
ASUS Xonar 1.03 HDAV
Logitech X-540
Coolermaster Sentinel Advance
COSMOS S
Samsung P2770HD
Western Digital WD6402AAEX