Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stealth  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:21:35 AM(UTC)
Stealth
Private

I'm pretty new to modding and i have been having some trouble with the command buttons, i have the image set up (.tga) and correctly placed in the .big, Art\textures\, and the Command Button.ini placement is correct but when i go in game the picture is blank. The picture also is substituted by what was last in that numbered order. ie. Dozer is in slot 1 for US, go to Barracks where i've placed, say Marine in Slot one and I still have the picture of the dozer active. Any help i could get would be appreciated, this one has been bothering me for a while.
Sponsor
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:18:48 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Double check all the names. When I have this problem, it usually turns out to be a spelling error for a folder. If you still can't find the solution. Put the INI & Art folders in a ZIP folder so I can check the names & your modified files.
Offline Stealth  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:15:34 AM(UTC)
Stealth
Private

Thanks, they were named correctly for the way i used to do other games but they were all named incorrectly with the wrong paths, its fixed now.
Offline Stealth  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 1:03:42 AM(UTC)
Stealth
Private

Sorry, but actually it seems my fix was only temporary.The game played through well the first time but I changed some of the Locomotors and went in game to test and the Command Buttons went back to their glitch. Nothing but values in the Locomotor ini were changed though, and the command buttons were not even touched.
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 2:48:55 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

Well go ahead & put Art & INI folders in a ZIP & upload it so I can look at it.
Offline Stealth  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 10:20:00 AM(UTC)
Stealth
Private

My own personal computer went through some virus trouble and I am replying on a friends now, what you told me earlier did help but due to the bugs and the virus my computer went insane with all my .ini files, sorry for dragging this on, Thanks for the help.
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 10:42:27 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

If you've got a virus don't upload any files, it could spread to someone elses computers. Since you've got a virus, you should reformat your hard drive to get rid of it.
Offline CommieDog  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 11:07:01 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Before you go nuclear on your hard drive, you should probably try antivirus software first.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline Stealth  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:23:17 PM(UTC)
Stealth
Private

Yeah, I'm definitely not uploading any files as of now, but im replicating all of my .inis and starting from scratch on another computer. I'm running anti-virus on my computer right now to try to fix my old mod, and if that one doesn't work than I'll "go nuclear on my hard drive" and reformat and sweep through the registries.