Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sky Demon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 10:07:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have Renegade. It is getting old now but he thing that has catched on for so long is that you can easily create a mod that will allow you to cheat. But only in the Campaighn thank god. I DESPIZE ALL ONLINE HAXORS/CHEATERS!

this is only due to the games basic setup and putting together. Something i think Westwood did not intend. But either way. I can create a map for my own personnel enjoyment and does 1000's of things to make it more fun for me to kill the AI bots.

But is it possible to make a cheat for the Campaighn in Zero-Hour.
I mean i'm **** hot at it. And have finished the game 2 times now. But i really want to have fun with some down to right advantages. Like starting with units i should not have such as Stealth Comanches or having $1,000,000 etc

Is this possible? Or am i dreaming again?
Sponsor
Offline krit  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 1:50:35 PM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Possible. Just extract the maps from their respective .BIG files and edit them in Worldbuilder.
UserPostedImage
Sky Demon  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 6:18:31 AM(UTC)

I am so happy...

I have the FinalBIG program but i'm not sure if just extracting the map file would do it, because i always thought that when you extract a file from an archive it just basically copies it and pastes it to another directoryQuestion I operate along this belief as when i edited the Dark Mountain map then played it the one i had edited had all the c00l stuff in it but the default Official version didn't.

Editing Default maps like Dark Mountain is simple and relatively easy (So long as you have the FinalBIG to obtain it) but with a Mission Map it's way more complex. There is loads of scripting, waypoints and other delicated things that i do not want to mess up whilst adding my personel affects...
Offline krit  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 6:24:34 AM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Sky Demon wrote:

I have the FinalBIG program but i'm not sure if just extracting the map file would do it, because i always thought that when you extract a file from an archive it just basically copies it and pastes it to another directoryQuestion I operate along this belief as when i edited the Dark Mountain map then played it the one i had edited had all the c00l stuff in it but the default Official version didn't.

Practically, yes, but the old file can be ignored if the files are placed in the right directories (The game will read the extracted files instead of the ones in the compressed files) AFAIK.
UserPostedImage
Sky Demon  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 6:31:34 AM(UTC)

Well thanks for that...-.>I am so excited to know that i can create a Campaighn Cheat for Zero-Hour-.Big SmileCool

So how could i get it to ignore the default file? Do i simply just replace it with my modded one?

Oh and what does AFAIK mean?
Offline krit  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 6:38:44 AM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

UserPostedImage
Theoretically, if you have the file extracted to the sub-directories as indicated by the .BIG files, they game should read those files instead of the ones in the .BIG files.
UserPostedImage