Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline centurionbc  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:36:32 PM(UTC)
centurionbc
Private

hello new to the forum and adverage at modding but i do have a few questions. i was wondering how to take say all the building from all 3 factions and make a completely new faction with the buildings and powers ofthe original 3 factions? and i was also wondering how i could and the wall segments from the factions and make them buildable in the gaem is is possible if so how?
Sponsor
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 6:18:56 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
How much do you know about INI files? If you've got some modifying expirence with them, try studying the other factions starting with the PlayerTemplate.ini file. There you'll see what the each player uses from other INI files. Then just study those files & continue on until the end.

Once you've done that, try putting a unit so that it's buildable in another faction. Start small, then work your way up. Any question... just ask.
Offline centurionbc  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 11:50:32 AM(UTC)
centurionbc
Private

well i know how to take the units build time, cost, and in certain buildings like the sw i can change load times and power but i would like to know how to take all the factions buildings, weapons and all and make a completely new faction with them. and first off does any1 know how to make a new faction?
Offline Stewox  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:50:07 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

That's a bit too hard for you to start with , you just need to get some more experience , if you really want to do it , i understand that you want to make a new faction with mixed units from all the generals , most of the job is not too hard (a lot of copying , editing , so it's costs time much , but it is also the fastest and easiest way to do a "new faction" , some mods need years to be finished) , some (maybe) hard thing to do is also easy if copied , but then it is not really a new faction , from the screen it will look like which skin you use , china , usa or gla. Also the harder part is to create it's uniqe generals powers ... oh ...

The best way is to go to www.moddb.com and download the boss unlock mod , it allows you to play it in skirmish (the boss from generals challenge )

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:57:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline centurionbc  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:24:48 PM(UTC)
centurionbc
Private

well yes i have played the boss general but i mean how do i say make a new general, like a new name and put all the buildings from the 3 factions and then use say the usa's powers?
Offline krit  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:57:09 PM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Offline centurionbc  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 7:56:20 AM(UTC)
centurionbc
Private

hello again sorry for long responce ,yes that tutorial helped a lot. i was wondering about 1 more thing. what i would like to do is take an existing mod like shockwave and add a new faction to the mod. is this possible?
Offline U-W-SAtomicarmy  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 8:35:45 AM(UTC)
U-W-SAtomicarmy
Captain

Yes, just go to shockwavemod.com and there will be a readme file on where to go to change things in the mod. I have shockwave and it is the best mod ever! Better than Zero hour that EA games made.
Don't look at the light!!!
Offline krit  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 2:34:56 AM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
centurionbc wrote:

hello again sorry for long responce ,yes that tutorial helped a lot. i was wondering about 1 more thing. what i would like to do is take an existing mod like shockwave and add a new faction to the mod. is this possible?

Find the already modded files and do the same as that tutorial stated with the modded files and you got it. Oh, and make sure to back-up any files you modify.
UserPostedImage
Offline Stewox  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 8:18:33 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

U-W-SAtomicarmy wrote:

Yes, just go to shockwavemod.com and there will be a readme file on where to go to change things in the mod. I have shockwave and it is the best mod ever! Better than Zero hour that EA games made.

ZERO HOUR is NOT a mod. It is a expansion pack for Generals , and it is offical , so it is not free.
And didn't you knew that shockwawe is a mod running on ZH , every time you run shockwave you run ZH in the same time. The name only doesn't contain "Zero Hour" in.

Edited by user Monday, January 21, 2008 8:20:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline U-W-SAtomicarmy  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 9:21:08 AM(UTC)
U-W-SAtomicarmy
Captain

I know that Zero hour is not a mod, I was just saying that the mod shockwave is a lot better than Generals Zero hour.
Don't look at the light!!!