Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CnCRocks  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 2:36:09 AM(UTC)
CnCRocks
Private

Last night me and three friends were online playing and literally as I was moving in for the crushing blow the game cam up with a mismatch error after about 1.5 hrs and crashed the game, this pissed me off so much that I literally said I wasn't going to play CnC online because this has happened before but we still can finish the map most of the time.

After sleeping on it I am going to give it one more shot, I am going to have all the players remove and reinstall CnCZH and kill any background processes running. When we log in and go online does it automatically update the game? I have read several places to make sure everyone is patched but as far as I can tell it does it automatically when you go to log on so am I missing something or is there another update we need to worry about?

If there is a manual update what is the best way to make sure what version each of us is running?

Thanks.

[:-banghead][:-timebm]
Sponsor
Offline krit  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:59:05 AM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Mismatches are random in a sense and can happen at any time. There is pretty much no way to completely prevent it, but you can lower the chance of it happening by ensuring a good and stable connection and running a lag free game by lowering the settings.
UserPostedImage
Offline CnCRocks  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:47:48 AM(UTC)
CnCRocks
Private

What about the auto update hen you log in, is that enough or do you have to manually update something too?
Offline Blbpaws  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:51:05 AM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
That is enough. It should make sure everyone is patched to version 1.04.
UserPostedImage