Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rudolf  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:24:06 AM(UTC)
Rudolf
Private

Hello,

I've read the FAQ on the worldbuilder maps, however I'm experiencing a mystery here!

I've edited the Twilight Flame map, packed it in the BIG file again, named everything correctly, put the maps file exactly where it belongs, and STILL, STILL Zero Hour loads the OLD Twilight Flame map.

How can this be?? I mean, I've OVERWRITTEN the map. I decided to try one another. I deleted the MapsZH.big AND the Maps.big (Generals and ZH installation), and MYSTERIOUSLY ZH is STILL able to run all maps in skirmish mode!!

I mean, where the hell is the game going to get this data from? I can see all the map previews, still play all the maps, no problem.

I've installed The First Decade box, which required my original ZH and Generals installation to be removed. There's nothing left in those folders. I haven't got any mods or patches installed, just the original thing.

SO how on earth can I modify a map in Worldbuilder? Where the hell are these supposed to be located?

Can any help me here? It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Rudolf
Sponsor
Offline CG Apollos  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:15:08 PM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Instead of messing with the .big files, save the edited map under a different file name into My Documents/Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data/Maps. It should show up in the unofficial maps section in-game when you are selecting your map.

Also, no need to create 2 nearly identical topics, 1 is enough (Moderators, the other is in the Generals/ZH Technical Support area).

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:16:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rudolf  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:48:24 AM(UTC)
Rudolf
Private

Hi Aurora,

I've already tried doing that, but ZH won't recognize ANY of my fan maps, and I've installed all of them PERFECTLY. I mean, what the hell is this mystery about?

Thanks, Rudolf
Offline krit  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:38:57 AM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
And what exactly did you do when you meant you installed them "PERFECTLY"?
UserPostedImage
Offline fleetatks  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2007 6:20:11 AM(UTC)
fleetatks
Colonel

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I suggest reinstalling the game (just zero hour should be fine if you only edditted files in there) and keep your maps by putting them in a safe folder or by not deleting the gens zh data folder. Make sure your edditted map is in there too.

Then to fix this problem you're having you will have to go into worldbuilder and open it, then go to to Edit->Map->Mapname(top) and delete the name of the map, this is the name that shows that it is an official map and cannot be transfered, and if it has the same map name as an already present map name it will apparently not show up because the first one will overwrite it. I suggest renaming it too to something like "Twilight flame 2" or "Twilight flame revised" (of course, you could be more creative then that.) After all that save it as you would a normal unnofficial map.
Email me if you ever need help (edited signature November 6th, 2014)