Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Puzzled  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:58:22 AM(UTC)
Puzzled
Private

I just bought this game from Walmart a few days ago. It loads up on my PC, I download an update, I register the game... but when I go to play online to get my butt kicked while I learn the best build orders and strats... it tells me that I need to download a patch, which then prompts a list of countries to select from. But then it kicks me out... stating "Invalid Serial Number."

Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, can someone give me the email to the EA tech support for Generals?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hope to play some of you online. I love RTS games and this one seems good. Somehow I missed it when it released back in the day. Stupid xbox sucked me in... LOL!
Sponsor
Offline Lord_of_Chaos  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2006 6:53:38 PM(UTC)
Lord_of_Chaos
Major

Can't help you with the problem itself, sounds like it might have screwed up during installationt hough... Try reinstalling it. As for email for Generals... good luck on getting an answer, they don't support them anymore as far as I know of, I sent in about 10 requests in the last 6 months and haven't gotten an answer. They may support First Decade though, you could try and pass it off as a FIrst Decade version of it if they do... might work.
Offline Puzzled  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 2:50:44 AM(UTC)
Puzzled
Private

Thanks bro. I did reinstall the game. I made sure that my CD key was correct and everything. Hmm... I'll try to do some other stuff.

Can you find the email to their C & C tech guys? I'd appreciate it, their site is blocked here at work.

Puzzled
Offline Urstin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:48:29 PM(UTC)
Urstin
Private

SAME EXACT! thing happened to me! And it keeps happening. I even bought it from Walmart man! THis is wierd bro. Hey if you figure it you HIT ME UP! thanks!
Offline Ironbrother-  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 10:44:54 PM(UTC)
Ironbrother-
Private

That means that your CD key was somehow stolen.
you cant fix this problem, unless you get a new unused CD code.
it happened to me and I cant solve till now.........
any way if anyone cant enter Generals online just play with me direct connection....lol