Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MoRnInGglory  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:47:36 PM(UTC)
MoRnInGglory
Private

Hey guys just wondering this morning, "what would happen if 2 overlords (just norm, not emperor....)with prop towers vs 2 overlords with gattling towers??"....Big Smile

Also, Nuke vs Tank (2 chevron) BM....?? what there??
thanx. Big Smile
92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch or Hollister said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you're one of the 8% who would be watching and laughing.
Sponsor
Offline Yoshi714  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:59:15 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

well that may depend on rather you have the speaker tower upgrade to help the tankes fire faster, in which case I'd go with the prop tower. But, if no upgrade, I may be close, but I think they prop tower would still win out.... but I'm no expert, you could easily test this.
Turtling is not a strategy, its a weakness
Offline MoRnInGglory  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 12:22:37 AM(UTC)
MoRnInGglory
Private

Yehh, well thanxx man for replying to my post, been reading the posts on this site for months now nd never got around to sign up for an account.....Big Smile lol...........
yehh im gonna go test it out now, forgot i can still test it on vGenerals (zero hour i lent out to a mate before i got my new computer, need new one Big Smile Big Smile)

Anyway, thanxx Yoshi714.
looking forward to becoming a member of this community.
92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch or Hollister said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you're one of the 8% who would be watching and laughing.
Offline zergswarms  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 4:24:20 AM(UTC)
zergswarms
Major
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff Member

If I remember correctly when using Gattling Cannon Overlords and Propaganda Overlords, the Speaker Tower's healing effects counteract the Gattling Cannon damage. Now, if the Gattling Cannons had the Chain Gun Upgrade, and the Speaker Towers didn't have Subliminal Messaging, the Gattling Cannons might damage the Overlord faster than the Speaker Tower can heal it. Assuming the Overlords aren't promoted, and can't heal themselves.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
UserPostedImage
Offline Yoshi714  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 6:13:00 AM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

you know what beats both of them... an overlord with the battle bunker full of tank hunters, lol, pretty sure it could take out an overlord and have enough umph to keep on treckin.
Offline MoRnInGglory  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:56:44 AM(UTC)
MoRnInGglory
Private

Yeh, but you know what beats that though?? (like always Big Smile)
jarmen kell the sneaky 'lil SoB. lol....

And thanxx zergswarms,
may you live a long and prosperous life. Big Smile
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:29:24 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Okay, I made a test map to see how everything turned out:

1) In the overlord with the gattling cannon vs the one with the propaganda tower, the one with the propaganda tower won with a pretty low health.
2) Same setup but with the chain guns upgrade, the one with the propaganda tower won again.
3) Same setup as the first only with subliminal messaging, obviously, the same one won with a lot more health.
4) Same setup as the first only with subliminal messaging & chain guns, the same one won.

5) In the Nuke battle master vs the Tank battle master, it was a tie. They both blew up at the same time. But even though the Nuke battle master is faster, it really isn't that much better because in groups the explosion of one tank affects them all.
6-7) I added some spice to this & made the Nuke & Tank battle masters against the laser tank. The laser Tank won both times.

If you'd like to see these situations yourself, download the map.

Download Attachment: UserPostedImage The Map.zip
4.2 KB

The second to the top battle, the gattling tank has chain guns, the third doesn't, but the propaganda tank has subliminal messaging & the forth battle, both tanks have both upgrades.
Offline Yoshi714  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:04:02 AM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

how about an overlord versus a Inf china hacker and a machine gunner...
Offline MoRnInGglory  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 5:44:26 PM(UTC)
MoRnInGglory
Private

Holy crap dude. thankyou very much. gawd u must have been bored.
just as bored as me when i posted the damnd question. Big Smile Big Smile......

Offline Yoshi714  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 11:00:32 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

yea hes always pretty thorough about answering questions... but im glad he did becuase ive never found the time to set something like that up and i was curious too just as you were.
Offline MoRnInGglory  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 12:25:10 AM(UTC)
MoRnInGglory
Private

yeh, its good having ppl in these forums like that who will answer questions,
even n00by ones as mine Big Smile...
lol....
Offline Firion Corodix  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 8:50:08 AM(UTC)
Firion Corodix
General

How about testing the nuke bm vs tank bm with their own upgrades too? The upgrade for the tank gen can be quite interesting, same for the upgrades found in the nuke building.
UserPostedImage
Offline zergswarms  
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:35:05 AM(UTC)
zergswarms
Major
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff Member

If Tank BM has Autoloaders, the Nuke BM has no chance.
UserPostedImage
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:54:53 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Quote:
how about an overlord versus a Inf china hacker and a machine gunner...

If the hacker was kept busy, the mini gunner would eventually win. Unless the overlord has a gatling cannon & takes out the hacker quickly.
Quote:
How about testing the nuke bm vs tank bm with their own upgrades too?

Well the Nuke Battle Master already has two upgrades from the start, uranium shell & nuclear tanks. But even if you had 5 of them with Nationalism upgrade vs 5 Tank Battle Master with Auto Loaders, I'm sure the Tank Battle Masters I'm sure would win firing 3 times faster like that & the Nuke Battle Masters would hurt one another with their explosions.

Edited by user Monday, March 17, 2008 11:01:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yoshi714  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 8:17:01 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

Actually... the overlord may still win since the hacker eventually has to take a break... but TWO hackers, and the mini gunner owns him (I think)
Offline Comando112  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:07:03 AM(UTC)
Comando112
Major

But with the isotope upgrade, it wont blow up. Otherwise, take the opportunity for your oponent to cramp battlemasters in his base. Launch the nuke and kaboom!! the base will be nuked.
UserPostedImage
Offline MoRnInGglory  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:06:10 AM(UTC)
MoRnInGglory
Private

um...yess...becoz we arent comparing overlords and battlemasters we are now
comparing sw fire... hmmm... yes...i must have missed something.....